IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
If you read back through this thread you will see those. Euro for the Bogner pack, Godzilla for the zilla pack, Recto small for the DV-77 pack etc.
Well you can obviously make an educated guess based on the Impedance Curves and the IRs modeled; the Bogner, Zilla are easy guesses but the DV77 isn't necessarily as that's YA's own cab; I think YA has some of, if not the, best IRs out there atm - just reinforcing the idea that, in the future, it would be nice to have the values posted as these get released.

Well you can obviously make an educated guess based on the Impedance Curves and the IRs modeled; the Bogner, Zilla are easy guesses but the DV77 isn't necessarily as that's YA's own cab; I think YA has some of, if not the, best IRs out there atm - just reinforcing the idea that, in the future, it would be nice to have the values posted as these get released.
What I was getting at is if you read back through this thread, Justin from York explains which curves are best suited for each of his packs and recommends what to do to match his curve if fractal has a different curve that isn't from his exact cabinet. He says the Godzilla or small recto are really close to his but to change the low end response from 108hz to 107.3hz as an example of his recommendation for the DV-77 pack. The info is in this thread and he repeats it all the time.

What I was getting at is if you read back through this thread, Justin from York explains which curves are best suited for each of his packs and recommends what to do to match his curve if fractal has a different curve that isn't from his exact cabinet. He says the Godzilla or small recto are really close to his but to change the low end response from 108hz to 107.3hz as an example of his recommendation for the DV-77 pack. The info is in this thread and he repeats it all the time.
Point taken and that's clear; was just saying that instead of going through 50 pages of forum posts when buying one of these, it would make it faster to identify the "right" one (close to what the author was hearing) if they're included in the release PDF or in the first post on this thread where they're all listed.

Point taken and that's clear; was just saying that instead of going through 50 pages of forum posts when buying one of these, it would make it faster to identify the "right" one (close to what the author was hearing) if they're included in the release PDF or in the first post on this thread where they're all listed.
Oh ok, gotcha. Yes I totally agree. These forums are huge and the task is daunting to find things at times. That's a good call.

Would it be possible to provide the default/recommended curve that suits each IR pack? I don’t recall seeing the info in the PDFs provided. I know to use my ears but also like to have a reference/baseline to start from.
I could do that with future packs for sure. Are there any cabs in particular that you’d like impedance curve recommendations for?

I could do that with future packs for sure. Are there any cabs in particular that you’d like impedance curve recommendations for?
That would rock! I’m good on the packs I’ve have. Seems to be a common question. You’ve always been great at responding. As others stated above. Easier to have it in the pdf that comes with the pack than search through the forum thread. Cheers!

That would rock! I’m good on the packs I’ve have. Seems to be a common question. You’ve always been great at responding. As others stated above. Easier to have it in the pdf that comes with the pack than search through the forum thread. Cheers!
I can easily do that. Fractal is the only modeler I know of that has variable impedance curves, so I’ll put that in the Fractal section of the manuals moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion!

I picked up the M25, Friedman and Princeton packs earlier this year and have been over the moon with them. I’ve previously ended up drowning in IRS, so was trying to keep it simple with cabs and get a “one stop shop’ thing going on for my favourite amps (Marshall & Fender and similar sounding) and it’s been working great.…… mostly.

I keep reading this thread and there’s so many others that sound soooo good, but I’m trying not to get overloaded with IRS, as I say.
My all time favourite amp is the good old JCM800 and that late 80‘s sound. I’ve made my own 80’s metal preset that sounds glorious with the greenbacks. I’ve not been as happy with an unboosted, driven 800 though. Something like Airbourne, Electric era Cult, etc. Tried V30s as well, plus a couple of others, but still not quite there. Not bad, by any means, just not that sound in my head. I’m really familiar with most Marshall amps and owned a lot of them, not so much with cabs. Only had one 4x12 with V30’s.
Anyway, I was reading my old amp bible last night (The History Of Marshall) and noticed the late 80’s 1960 cabs had the T75s in them. Hmmmmmmm.
So tonight I buckled and picked up the T75, G65 and Mesa V30 trial (which I already had!) packs. First stop was obviously the T75 with the 800. Tried mix 1 with the Amp at the settings I used to use on my real one……….

Oh

My

God

That’s it! That tone in my head that I was after. I tried all the mixes and settled on 2, but no exaggeration to say these IRs have transformed this amp for me. Exactly what the M25 did for the Plexis. I haven’t even tried the M65 pack because I couldn’t stop banging away on my Les Paul with the 800. I’ve annoyed the neighbours enough for one night, but had a little tickle with the Silver Jubilee and Joe Satriani JVM, which is one of the few real amps I still have. Absolutely glorious! Can’t wait to try the other newer Marshall’s, never mind the M65 pack!

If you’re a Marshall fan, seriously, get the M25 pack for the Plexis and the T75 for 800s and after. You won’t regret it. More Fender cabs next! Thanks so much for your work on these Justin.

I picked up the M25, Friedman and Princeton packs earlier this year and have been over the moon with them. I’ve previously ended up drowning in IRS, so was trying to keep it simple with cabs and get a “one stop shop’ thing going on for my favourite amps (Marshall & Fender and similar sounding) and it’s been working great.…… mostly.

I keep reading this thread and there’s so many others that sound soooo good, but I’m trying not to get overloaded with IRS, as I say.
My all time favourite amp is the good old JCM800 and that late 80‘s sound. I’ve made my own 80’s metal preset that sounds glorious with the greenbacks. I’ve not been as happy with an unboosted, driven 800 though. Something like Airbourne, Electric era Cult, etc. Tried V30s as well, plus a couple of others, but still not quite there. Not bad, by any means, just not that sound in my head. I’m really familiar with most Marshall amps and owned a lot of them, not so much with cabs. Only had one 4x12 with V30’s.
Anyway, I was reading my old amp bible last night (The History Of Marshall) and noticed the late 80’s 1960 cabs had the T75s in them. Hmmmmmmm.
So tonight I buckled and picked up the T75, G65 and Mesa V30 trial (which I already had!) packs. First stop was obviously the T75 with the 800. Tried mix 1 with the Amp at the settings I used to use on my real one……….

Oh

My

God

That’s it! That tone in my head that I was after. I tried all the mixes and settled on 2, but no exaggeration to say these IRs have transformed this amp for me. Exactly what the M25 did for the Plexis. I haven’t even tried the M65 pack because I couldn’t stop banging away on my Les Paul with the 800. I’ve annoyed the neighbours enough for one night, but had a little tickle with the Silver Jubilee and Joe Satriani JVM, which is one of the few real amps I still have. Absolutely glorious! Can’t wait to try the other newer Marshall’s, never mind the M65 pack!

If you’re a Marshall fan, seriously, get the M25 pack for the Plexis and the T75 for 800s and after. You won’t regret it. More Fender cabs next! Thanks so much for your work on these Justin.
I love the M25 Cab Pack and I can highly recommend the MRS Black Cab Pack, more mid pronounced and tighter sounding than the M25.
I love that Cab Pack in combination with the Atomica or CCV, just glorious!

Oh

My

God

I have the M20 4x12 pack (and many others) and use it fairly often. Also got the Princeton one IIRC. York IRs are heavily represented in my favorites list....

Hey all, have a bunch of the york packs and have never had such an easy time picking irs i like out of the mixes folder. With all the full res ir talks going around, do the packs have compatable files for using fullres room mics and where would i find those?

Hey all, have a bunch of the york packs and have never had such an easy time picking irs i like out of the mixes folder. With all the full res ir talks going around, do the packs have compatable files for using fullres room mics and where would i find those?
Most of my packs include Room, Rear, and Side captures. All of my IRs are 500ms, so you can try using those captures as FullRes to get more natural ambience, but the only full-length FullRes captures I've made are the ones now included in the latest firmware at the end of the Legacy cab bank.

If you have my MRSH 412 M25, MES 412 OS-V2, VX30 212 Blue, or VLUX 210 P10R Cab Packs, the new included FullRes IRs are made from those actual cabs for a perfect match.

I hope this helps.

@York Audio I am considering buying some IRs for my FM9 (and Kemper) and know that a lot of vendors for these put them on sale on black Friday. Are you planning a black Friday sale? I have read a lot of good comments about your IRs.

After further review, the G12H speakers have more bottom and low mids than the M25's or M20's and the highs are a little smoother so it makes sense now that Cameron used those speakers because his amps are on the bright side.

I also just realized that the Blackjack cab has the G12H speakers
I must try the 12H speakers for a change

Justin, been a bit quiet here just wonder what’s cooking?
You mentioned a while back doing a Marshall pre rola greenback pak any eta?
I apologize for things being “quiet” around here. I took some time off, but I’m ready to get back into capturing some cabs. I still need to get one of my pre-Rolas repaired before I shoot that cab, but it’s definitely on my list. :)

Back
Top Bottom