IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi Justin! I’ve had an FM3 for just over a month now and I’ve found that one of my favorite amps is the Supro. I’ve always been super interested in your Black Magic cab you’ve talked about shooting, but, needless to say now I’m seriously gasing for that pack!! Are you thinking of shooting it in the near future? Would also love it if you could talk Cliff into modeling your amp...😏😏

Agree too. I actually wanted to send my Telecaster into retirement, but now I find myself playing it all the time through Fender amp models and PRNC 110 OX IRs :openmouth:

I apologize if you already gave an update, but do you think you'll be shooting G12-65 anytime soon? I thought you mentioned picking up some from the early 80's...or it might have just been one of my dreams 😁
I do have a quad of ‘80 G12-65 speakers that I want to shoot. The next cab will likely be a 2x12 and then I have to decide on shooting the G12-65 or EVM-12L since I’ve had a lot of requests for both of those speakers. It’s definitely on the to-do list. :)

Hi Justin! I’ve had an FM3 for just over a month now and I’ve found that one of my favorite amps is the Supro. I’ve always been super interested in your Black Magic cab you’ve talked about shooting, but, needless to say now I’m seriously gasing for that pack!! Are you thinking of shooting it in the near future? Would also love it if you could talk Cliff into modeling your amp...😏😏
The Supremo Trem is gaining quite a bit of attention with Cygnus, so I need to try that one again with the Black Magick to see if it’s a good fit. Pre-Cygnus, the Supremo Trem was much brighter and fizzier compared to Supro’s current line of amps and didn’t sound that great with BM test shots I took (ages ago). I’ll grab that amp from storage soon and give it another spin.

Agree too. I actually wanted to send my Telecaster into retirement, but now I find myself playing it all the time through Fender amp models and PRNC 110 OX IRs :openmouth:
The Princeton is awesome! It’s got such a cool character to it and feels phenomenal especially with single coils. I’m really happy that you’re connecting with it.

Justin,
Hopefully, I'm not being a pain bringing up the G12-65 again...Which if any of your packs would you say would be closest to the tone of those 80's 65's? I have 4 or 5 of your packs and enjoy each one but am feeling a little like Gollum seeking my "precious".
Thanks again for all the knowledge you so readily share!

Justin,
Hopefully, I'm not being a pain bringing up the G12-65 again...Which if any of your packs would you say would be closest to the tone of those 80's 65's? I have 4 or 5 of your packs and enjoy each one but am feeling a little like Gollum seeking my "precious".
Thanks again for all the knowledge you so readily share!
I don’t want to recommend something just so you buy a cab pack, so I’d say hold out until I can shoot my G12-65’s to get you something that will actually get you the tonal character you’re wanting.

I don’t want to recommend something just so you buy a cab pack, so I’d say hold out until I can shoot my G12-65’s to get you something that will actually get you the tonal character you’re wanting.
but are you not shooting the M65's cream backs soon :smiley: or are those a completely different sound

Hey Justin! I’ve been searching in here to see if you already answered this but i haven’t been able to find it if you have. What impedance curve are you using for the T75 cab? Also, do you use the greenback curve for the M25, M20, Blackjack and 5153 packs? Thanks in advance for your time!!

but are you not shooting the M65's cream backs soon :smiley: or are those a completely different sound
The vintage G12-65 is a very different speaker compared to the Creamback M65. They’ll both get their own cab packs eventually.

Hey Justin! I’ve been searching in here to see if you already answered this but i haven’t been able to find it if you have. What impedance curve are you using for the T75 cab? Also, do you use the greenback curve for the M25, M20, Blackjack and 5153 packs? Thanks in advance for your time!!
I don’t know if there’s a T75 curve in the Axe, so I just use the 4x12 Brit 800 for that. You can use the 4x12 5153 for the 5153 and M20 packs. And I normally use the 4x12 Basketweave for the M25 and Blackjack. There may be better fits, but that curve seems to sound great with both of those packs.

VX15 - 1x12 Class-A 15W
DXVB - 1x12 Deluxe Verb
MTCH - 2x12 Match Chief (Close enough to my actual cabinet that Cliff didn't think it was necessary to add to the list)
ZILA - 2x12 Godzilla (Taken from my actual Zilla Fatboy)
BGNR - 4x12 Euro (Taken from my actual Bogner Standard 4x12)
MES (OS) - 4x12 Recto Large
MES TRAD - 4x12 Recto Small (but I increase the high frequency resonance amount to 6 or 7)
MRSH M20 and Blackjack - These particular cabs aren't listed, so I'll try the 4x12 Basketweave, Greenback, and 5153 and see which feels the best
AMPG - 4x10 SV Bass
I personally like the Brit AX with the Blackback and the Brit TV when I want a tighter lowend with the greenbacks. Try all the "Marshall" curves and see what you like best.

The vintage G12-65 is a very different speaker compared to the Creamback M65. They’ll both get their own cab packs eventually.

I don’t know if there’s a T75 curve in the Axe, so I just use the 4x12 Brit 800 for that. You can use the 4x12 5153 for the 5153 and M20 packs. And I normally use the 4x12 Basketweave for the M25 and Blackjack. There may be better fits, but that curve seems to sound great with both of those packs.

I personally like the Brit AX with the Blackback and the Brit TV when I want a tighter lowend with the greenbacks. Try all the "Marshall" curves and see what you like best.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I can’t wait to try those!

Thank you Justin!
Which one would do you use with your Bogner Cab Pack?
Thanks
Sash

I do have a quad of ‘80 G12-65 speakers that I want to shoot. The next cab will likely be a 2x12 and then I have to decide on shooting the G12-65 or EVM-12L since I’ve had a lot of requests for both of those speakers. It’s definitely on the to-do list. :)

The Supremo Trem is gaining quite a bit of attention with Cygnus, so I need to try that one again with the Black Magick to see if it’s a good fit. Pre-Cygnus, the Supremo Trem was much brighter and fizzier compared to Supro’s current line of amps and didn’t sound that great with BM test shots I took (ages ago). I’ll grab that amp from storage soon and give it another spin.

The Princeton is awesome! It’s got such a cool character to it and feels phenomenal especially with single coils. I’m really happy that you’re connecting with it.
Hi Justin ,
I m really happy to notice that I m not the only one who really wants the EVM-12L
Mark knopfler s tone is not sir far from us ;)
Thanks
Fafa

It's finally here! The York Audio YORK 212 DV77 Cab Pack is now available at www.yorkaudio.co

Based on a custom made York Audio 2x12 cabinet loaded with Eminence DV-77 speakers, this pack is truly special and sounds absolutely massive! The low end kicks like a 4x12, but with 2x12 focus, the midrange is forward and balanced, and the top end has great pick attack and note clarity without any peaky harshness.

Even though most people consider this to be a drop-tuned metal speaker, it actually plays really well with British mid-gain tones and sounds great with humbuckers or single coils.

Here's a clip I made with my PRS Mark Holcomb SVN, the 6160 Block model, and the Mix MEAN IR from the pack. More clips are coming soon to showcase other tones, but this one is for the heavy guys who have been begging me for this speaker.

Enjoy!

It's finally here! The York Audio YORK 212 DV77 Cab Pack is now available at www.yorkaudio.co

Based on a custom made York Audio 2x12 cabinet loaded with Eminence DV-77 speakers, this pack is truly special and sounds absolutely massive! The low end kicks like a 4x12, but with 2x12 focus, the midrange is forward and balanced, and the top end has great pick attack and note clarity without any peaky harshness.

Even though most people consider this to be a drop-tuned metal speaker, it actually plays really well with British mid-gain tones and sounds great with humbuckers or single coils.

Here's a clip I made with my PRS Mark Holcomb SVN, the 6160 Block model, and the Mix MEAN IR from the pack. More clips are coming soon to showcase other tones, but this one is for the heavy guys who have been begging me for this speaker.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah!

Back
Top Bottom