IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I bought several of Justin's packs. I just noticed the IR's load in green. So they are not ultrares? Any big difference to Ultrares that is worth mentioning?

Please disregard. Must have been something weird in Axe Edit. Everything is purple now. Sorry

Last edited:
Well holiday time coming soon and like last year went to the store to get the
Hiwatt then the Freidman and this new Mesa found its way into the cart
damn eggnog punch

Wow. These are outstanding! The mixes are great (12 is my fav)and I am also digging a 57v1,57v1oa-3db,121 mix. I still like the V1 mesa with its less refined low end though - a solid chugging cab. In v2, I like the 57v over the 57m. Overall great job! Well worth the $.

Don't judge me too harshly... I had to do this quickly.

Using the Recto 1 Red model boosted with the T808 Drive. V2 is more focussed, controlled in the low end, and smoother in the top end. V1 has crazy low end, hollow midrange, and tons of sizzle.

Clip 1 - MES V2 single 57
Clip 2 - MES V1 single 57
Clip 3 - MES V2 Mix 57 + 121
Clip 4 - MES V1 Mix 57 + 121

Much thanks Justin! I listened to the clips many many times. You are right, the V2 sounds like it breathes more. It’s more open with clearer midrange. I wonder if the different ‘original’ speaker choice or the updated capture method lends more towards the tonal difference. I think it will work well when used to play outside a mix. Well darn, I think I’m sold! Close out 2020 with yet another YA winner! Thanks! 👍

I second the request for an M20 update as I love that pack. Given what you’ve done to the MES OS 412, you have a high bar set for updates now!

Also, patiently waiting a T75/V30 mix pattern on a Bogner 412 and a Hesu Demon release. 2021...gotta be! Lol

Don't judge me too harshly... I had to do this quickly.

Using the Recto 1 Red model boosted with the T808 Drive. V2 is more focussed, controlled in the low end, and smoother in the top end. V1 has crazy low end, hollow midrange, and tons of sizzle.

Clip 1 - MES V2 single 57
Clip 2 - MES V1 single 57
Clip 3 - MES V2 Mix 57 + 121
Clip 4 - MES V1 Mix 57 + 121

That preset sounds amazing, please share the preset.
In btw finally I have the new York Audio MES 412 OS v2.00

I’m glad you guys are liking this one!

That preset sounds amazing, please share the preset.
In btw finally I have the new York Audio MES 412 OS v2.00
Thanks, man! I’ll be able to post the preset in a day or two when I can get in front of the Axe again. I threw it together quickly, so I don’t remember much about it apart from using Recto 1 Red boosted with a tube screamer. The IRs from that clip were the 57m-1 and Mix 01 (make sure the high cut in the Cab block’s Preamp page is set up to 20k).

I’ll get you the preset as soon as I can!

Thanks, man! I’ll be able to post the preset in a day or two when I can get in front of the Axe again. I threw it together quickly, so I don’t remember much about it apart from using Recto 1 Red boosted with a tube screamer. The IRs from that clip were the 57m-1 and Mix 01 (make sure the high cut in the Cab block’s Preamp page is set up to 20k).

Thanks in advance.

I know this is the FAS forum, but it'd be great if you dialled in an equivalent preset for the Helix as well!

The new Mesa pack is awesome. The FDMN pack is still my favourite, but the MES OS V2 comes a close second. It‘s a huge improvement over the first version.

However, next I would really like to hear something different. How about Fane F70 and F90 speakers?

I know this is the FAS forum, but it'd be great if you dialled in an equivalent preset for the Helix as well!
I wish there was a way to make an equivalent preset for the Helix, but their Dual Rec isn't up to par with Fractal's... I tried for about 30 minutes and I just don't see it happening without having to add a bunch of extra blocks in the Helix to try to get it to sound close to the real thing. Meanwhile, I compare my real Dual Rec to the Fractal Recto models and can get nearly identical tones in about 5 minutes.

The odd thing about the Recto is that I can get closer to my '96 2-channel using Recto 2 (3-channel) than using Recto 1 (2-channel). Mine is a Rev G, and I think I read somewhere that Cliff has a different revision for his 2-channel. With either model, I can get them to sound and feel like my real amp with a few tweaks.

What is the mic position on these IRs, in terms of center vs. edge of cone, on/off axis, etc., and if it varies, is this information listed? Thanks.

What is the mic position on these IRs, in terms of center vs. edge of cone, on/off axis, etc., and if it varies, is this information listed? Thanks.

No positions...each mic/speaker/cab is different...shure sm57-1 is not the same position as md421-1...
as well as shure sm57-1 is not the same position in cab pack X than in cab pack Y

directly from the manual:
Each shot was taken from various sweet spots on the speaker.
Numbers 1-5 DO NOT determine a capture’s brightness, darkness, or speaker position.
The numbers only determine which capture you’re listening to.

Every cab is different, but most packs have center (CNT), cap edge (CE 1 and 2), sweet spot (1-5), off-axis (OA 1-3), cone (CN) and cone edge (CNE) for dynamic mics. Ribbon and condenser mics have five placements and center captures.

Mix numbers and recipes change with each cab, except Mix 01 is always a 57-121 combo.

Let me know if that doesn’t answer your question.

Hi,
I just want to say something completely different. I want to compliment you on your site. The last few days I spent quite some tine checking out the website of various vendors. Essentially I started out looking for a Friedman pack, bit as it goes, like in a candy store you want to browse some more when you are there. Your site is by far the easiest site to navigate and find what you are looking for. Not just the product, but also the other info. The website is clean and quiet, no screaming colors and banners. Well done. You are one of two vendors I’d buy from. (No I am not naming the runner up haha).

Harm

Back
Top Bottom