IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Personally, I find the EVH pack is my favorite "Greenback" pack. The M65 is also really good and has a similar flavor. Lately, I've actually been mixing the M65 and MV30 packs with great results.
The EHV demos sound a little off to me, but I’ve never liked that cab in real life. I should get the M65 though; that sounds glorious.

Edit: I should be more specific. My experience IRL is that the 5150 cab is kinda muddy. The demo sounds just like that to me, so nothing is off about the IR. It’s just not how I want that tone to sound at all.

Last edited:
The EHV demos sound a little off to me, but I’ve never liked that cab in real life. I should get the M65 though; that sounds glorious.

Edit: I should be more specific. My experience IRL is that the 5150 cab is kinda muddy. The demo sounds just like that to me, so nothing is off about the IR. It’s just not how I want that tone to sound at all.
I would recommend the M65 for sure

I got to spend a bunch more time with the M25 tonight and it’s actually awesome. Just needed to re-EQ a few things. But it sounds incredible with a Plexi.

I had an issue with a credit card at work and was fighting with both the vendor and the bank. Had to make an unrelated purchase to prove the issue wasn’t at my end. So, in the heat of the moment and not knowing what else to buy, I bought the Mesa OS 412 and the M65.

Those of you who described the M65 as a Swiss Army Knife are not wrong. It’s delightful. The OS 412 is also unsurprisingly great.

Kind of drowning under a wealth of riches here, but everything sounds unbelievable.

Last edited:
I ended up buying the MV30 and the M25. The M25 isn’t totally my thing (I don’t have enough experience with Marshalls to know what I like), but it sounds nicer than most stock greenbacks.

The MV30 is unbelievable. It’s so good. Sounds totally delightful. Love it.

The MV30 should be a staple in everyone’s IR collection.

I got to spend a bunch more time with the M25 tonight and it’s actually awesome. Just needed to re-EQ a few things. But it sounds incredible with a Plexi.

I had an issue with a credit card at work and was fighting with both the vendor and the bank. Had to make an unrelated purchase to prove the issue wasn’t at my end. So, in the heat of the moment and not knowing what else to buy, I bought the Mesa OS 412 and the M65.

Those of you who described the M65 as a Swiss Army Knife are not wrong. It’s delightful. The OS 412 is also unsurprisingly great.

Kind of drowning under a wealth of riches here, but everything sounds unbelievable.
I’m so glad to hear that you’re connecting with all of those packs! You’ve got some great options, and I’d love to hear any clips you make with them. It’s always fun to hear what people do with these IRs. :)

I'll keep you posted if I have anything work sharing :) I'm still learning my way around a lot of these amps, to be honest — the Axe FX has made me feel like a beginner again, but I have so many more options than I did when I started playing 20 years ago.

I'll keep you posted if I have anything work sharing :) I'm still learning my way around a lot of these amps, to be honest — the Axe FX has made me feel like a beginner again, but I have so many more options than I did when I started playing 20 years ago.
I know the Axe-Fx CAN feel overwhelming with everything it’s capable of, but it doesn’t have to be. The best advice I can give you is to start by keeping it simple and treat your patches like a real amp and pedal rig.

Choose your amp and cab, and dial in your amp for whatever IR you want to use (I like starting with Mix 01). Don’t worry yourself with advanced parameters and just use the basic amp controls to get things sounding good without any effects.

Once your “core” tone is where you like it, you can add effects one by one and put them in the order you would with a real pedalboard. Personally, I like all of my effects before the amp block since that’s how I’ve always used my real pedals with my amps.

You’ll get great results quickly by simply doing what you’ve always done with real gear. You can always make more complex patches in the future, but keeping it simple is the easiest and quickest way to get authentic and realistic tones with the Axe-Fx… at least it is in my experience.

That's actually what I'm doing! I've been a Mesa player for over 10 years, so learning how to dial in other amps is sort of like un-learning all my existing habits. I've gotten some Mark sounds I'm very happy with, though. Still working on my Marshall and Vox sounds.

Random neurotic question I probably already know the answer to:

I read some old post from Cliff saying that natural phase IRs require alignment. If I'm only using natural phase IRs from one your packs, do they require any aligning or did you already figure that stuff out beforehand? They sound great as is but I just wanted to make sure I left no stone unturned.

Also, I've been comparing MPT mixes to natural mixes with the same mics and it really does make a nice difference IMO. I'm really glad that you decided to include natural IRs because not all companies do that.

Random neurotic question I probably already know the answer to:

I read some old post from Cliff saying that natural phase IRs require alignment. If I'm only using natural phase IRs from one your packs, do they require any aligning or did you already figure that stuff out beforehand? They sound great as is but I just wanted to make sure I left no stone unturned.

Also, I've been comparing MPT mixes to natural mixes with the same mics and it really does make a nice difference IMO. I'm really glad that you decided to include natural IRs because not all companies do that.
If you’re using multiple IRs from the same cab pack, you should have any phase issues with the natural phase options. If you’re blending cabs, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.

You can also use Minimum Phase and use the Align function in the Cab block to virtually shift the capsules’ alignment for something more natural sounding.

Just recorded this old STP tune using the MV30a mix 1 on all guitar tracks. Used Moises to pull out the backing tracks and recorded my guitar over it.

Sounds great! Mirroring what @Randalljax said, it fits the mix really well! Thanks for sharing!

Just recorded this old STP tune using the MV30a mix 1 on all guitar tracks. Used Moises to pull out the backing tracks and recorded my guitar over it.

Actually question about the amp
What model is it ?
Someone was asking in another forum for De Leo tone and that is pretty darn close , it has that same gnarley grind and clarity
It sounds like that tone he used a lot LT Sex Type thing and plush are similar

Actually question about the amp
What model is it ?
Someone was asking in another forum for De Leo tone and that is pretty darn close , it has that same gnarley grind and clarity
It sounds like that tone he used a lot LT Sex Type thing and plush are similar
I believe I used the Atomica high panned left and right and then threw a JTM45 in the center. Dean liked to blend an AC30 with his Demeter, but that may have been on the subsequent albums.

I believe I used the Atomica high panned left and right and then threw a JTM45 in the center. Dean liked to blend an AC30 with his Demeter, but that may have been on the subsequent albums.
Yes , thats what I was hearing the top end of the JTM kind of a bit more chimey I thought it was an AC 30 or /13 mixed with like a JCM800

If you’re using multiple IRs from the same cab pack, you should have any phase issues with the natural phase options. If you’re blending cabs, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.

So far I've found that when importing 3 cab packs (MES 412 OS V2, MES 212 V30, MES 412 TRAD) without any processing, they sound glorious although they all have at least 1 millisecond of silence. Importing them using auto-trim yeilds unpredictable results. Sometimes they're trimmed all the way, sometimes there's still a bunch of latency left in the IRs. Been working on trimming the silence from some of the files manually.

So far I've found that when importing 3 cab packs (MES 412 OS V2, MES 212 V30, MES 412 TRAD) without any processing, they sound glorious although they all have at least 1 millisecond of silence. Importing them using auto-trim yeilds unpredictable results. Sometimes they're trimmed all the way, sometimes there's still a bunch of latency left in the IRs. Been working on trimming the silence from some of the files manually.
The silence is the natural time it takes for the sound to travel to the mic’s capsule, so it’s not a bad thing. Trying to trim it manually might open up a can of worms you don’t need to deal with. I would just use the Natural Phase “as is,” or use Minimum Phase and shift them with the Align function if you want to play with the phase. Totally your call though.

Hey all! I am loving the FDMN pack. I mainly am gravitating toward the V30s. The V30 Mix 5 is one I seem to like right off the bat. I play music in the vein of A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Tesseract, Starset, etc. Heavy rock mixed with ambient cleans.

What other packs would be good to check out and try? I was looking at the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual, MES 412 TRAD, Bogna 412, and the MRSH 412 M25.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Hey all! I am loving the FDMN pack. I mainly am gravitating toward the V30s. The V30 Mix 5 is one I seem to like right off the bat. I play music in the vein of A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Tesseract, Starset, etc. Heavy rock mixed with ambient cleans.

What other packs would be good to check out and try? I was looking at the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual, MES 412 TRAD, Bogna 412, and the MRSH 412 M25.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Grab'em all :D
They're all great. I'd say the MV30 first then one of the Mesa ones. You'd be surprised how good the Mesa 2x12 is for higain stuff.

Back
Top Bottom