IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
So what do yous guys think is the most “general use purpose” IR pack that York has? Like if you were going to “audition” amp models what’s a good middle of the road pack? Kinda like the Duncan JB of cab packs.

Also, and this may be more of a question for Justin but is there a mic in your packs that you feel is more “amp in the room” for just general jamming purposes rather than sitting in a mix purpose?

I’m sure you’ll find a lot of varying opinions here. I own many York IRs but tend to use the York 212 Cream, which is one of Justin’s custom ones. I’ve also found that it mixes nicely by smoothing out some of my clean sounds and adding little more depth.

I'm thinking that would be a good choice.

I was going to pick that one, the Black Back, the Hiwat and the Bass pack up during his Black Friday sale but logged in a day too late.
Don't let that small cost difference stop you! They're not that expensive even without that extra discount. Or if you're right up against it, get 2 packs instead of 3.

Last edited:
So what do yous guys think is the most “general use purpose” IR pack that York has? Like if you were going to “audition” amp models what’s a good middle of the road pack? Kinda like the Duncan JB of cab packs.

Also, and this may be more of a question for Justin but is there a mic in your packs that you feel is more “amp in the room” for just general jamming purposes rather than sitting in a mix purpose?
I’d say two “Swiss Army knife” packs would be the YORK 212 M65 Cream and the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual. The YORK works great with mid and high gain tones, but also excels with clean and EOB tones probably more so than the MRSH.

As far as IRs that feel the most like an AITR or a standard starting point to audition amps, I’d say either a single U47 capture or Mix 01 would be your best bet. A lot of the AITR sound comes from stereo ambience, so I’d use one of those files as your primary IR and then use some hard-panned FullRes Room IRs blended in to give you some natural room ambience.

Dude, @York Audio, I've been jamming on the Gift of Tone preset, and that preset/IR are a 10/10 in my book. I even tried the IR with other amps and it sounded awesome there as well. Please tell me there's plans to make a full pack with that cab/speaker combo. Which York cab was it? The smaller one from the DV 77 pack or the bigger one in the M65 pack? Either way, I'm hankering for more packs in those cabs.

I'm a diehard V30 guy, and I'd love to see your favorite V30s in a York 2x12, but right now, I have a strong need for more of that Greenback from the preset. The free IR is definitely going to be permanently living in my Axe Fx and any other Fractal device I get.

I’d say two “Swiss Army knife” packs would be the YORK 212 M65 Cream and the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual. The YORK works great with mid and high gain tones, but also excels with clean and EOB tones probably more so than the MRSH.

I have really been enjoying the MV30 pack lately. Really satisfying for anything mid gain and higher.

Edit: The only negative I have for the YA IR Universe is they're kind of all too good. It's a whole new brand of option paralysis for me.

Dude, @York Audio, I've been jamming on the Gift of Tone preset, and that preset/IR are a 10/10 in my book. I even tried the IR with other amps and it sounded awesome there as well. Please tell me there's plans to make a full pack with that cab/speaker combo. Which York cab was it? The smaller one from the DV 77 pack or the bigger one in the M65 pack? Either way, I'm hankering for more packs in those cabs.

I'm a diehard V30 guy, and I'd love to see your favorite V30s in a York 2x12, but right now, I have a strong need for more of that Greenback from the preset. The free IR is definitely going to be permanently living in my Axe Fx and any other Fractal device I get.
I’m so glad you like the GoT preset and IR! That one came from the bigger 2x12 I used for the M65 pack. I have eight of those 6402 Greenbacks and wish I would have made a note of which one I used for that IR. I’ve thought about a lot of Greenback and V30 options for that cab because they sound so good in it.

Part of me wants to make a Greenback version and a V30 version that includes all of my Greenback and V30 variants because they all sound so different. That’ll be a massive project though.

I have really been enjoying the MV30 pack lately. Really satisfying for anything mid gain and higher.

Edit: The only negative I have for the YA IR Universe is they're kind of all too good. It's a whole new brand of option paralysis for me.
Hahaha! I’m glad you think my stuff errs on the side of being too good rather than not finding something usable. I spend an absurd amount of time prepping, experimenting, and testing all of these cabs before I capture them, so it’s nice to hear that the extra effort has been worth it. :)

Part of me wants to make a Greenback version and a V30 version that includes all of my Greenback and V30 variants because they all sound so different. That’ll be a massive project though.
I'd love to see a combo pack (like the Friedman) of the York Cab with a Greenback & Vintage 30; or a Classic Lead 80.

Not saying it’s all for the price of one. 😉
So buy em all, or the ones you want anyway, and roll your own.

That's what I load into my Axe, the mixes from the packs I have, not just YA. Can't deal with thinking about more than that, plus the factory IRs, and a few others from wherever.

Back
Top Bottom