IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
What is it about Engl cabs you like?

Like YA said, they just have a very unique sound. Great for extreme metal. The primary thing I like about YA IRs is that I don't have to do a bunch of EQing. They're usually just right, straight out of the box. There are Engl IRs already out there but they're nowhere near as common as say, a Mesa or Marshall 412 with V30s. I haven't been lucky enough to find an Engl set that doesn't require a lot of EQ tweaking.

It’s Friday Sept 1… we need. New 4x12 IR pack!!!
Kidding, but only sorta.
Well the Dumble style amp I just bought needed to go to the repair shop, so I’ve got some time before I get it back. As far as 4x12s go, I’ve been getting the most requests for either the front loaded ENGL XXL 4x12 or a Marshall 4x12 with G12-65s.

Well the Dumble style amp I just bought needed to go to the repair shop, so I’ve got some time before I get it back. As far as 4x12s go, I’ve been getting the most requests for either the front loaded ENGL XXL 4x12 or a Marshall 4x12 with G12-65s.
Sorry about the Dumble. Is it a Ceriatone?
Well, ENGL it is 😏

Yup, Overtone Special 100. The original owner put Dumble faceplates on it, but it’s a. Ceriatone.
They are great amps. Nik's & his folks have it going on. I ended up with a Molecular thanks to Leon Todd's vids. (some time after I became a Fractal user; in my case the Fractal stuff helped me figure out what I wanted in a real amp). Now if Cliff would start building amps, I'd drop some cash on a FAS Hot Rod build :cool:

Will either of those be great with say the Herbert, 5150/3 or Cameron models?

Will either of those be great with say the Herbert, 5150/3 or Cameron models?
The ENGL would. It has a really punchy low end and clear midrange. The G12-65 is more of a “vintage” sounding speaker that works great with Plexi and Dumble style amps.

I’ve got my Dual Rec cranked through it on a looper as we speak to help it settle in. Sounding pretty sick so far.

I'm sure you answered this before, but my CRS is really kicking in...are the 65's vintage or reissues? Is that Engl the one with K100's?

I'm sure you answered this before, but my CRS is really kicking in...are the 65's vintage or reissues? Is that Engl the one with K100's?
I’ve got a quad of 1980 Marshall branded G12-65s (stock speaker for JMP “Checkerboard” 4x12s at the time), and I just placed an order for four new ones on top of the single reissue I already have.

@2dor is correct. The front loaded Diezel I have has K100s.

Wh
I’ve got a quad of 1980 Marshall branded G12-65s (stock speaker for JMP “Checkerboard” 4x12s at the time), and I just placed an order for four new ones on top of the single reissue I already have.

@2dor is correct. The front loaded Diezel I have has K100s.
Hear me out… let’s have a 4x12 extravaganza day
Diezel K100+v30
Engl
G12-65 cab
This will suffice until we get that Mode 4 cab and the V30/T75 Bogner 😂🤪🤣😂🤔🤔🤔

Any love for a Demon/V30 (Hesu), Lynchback or Marshall V30MF? 😁

More G12-65’s, please!

Wh

Hear me out… let’s have a 4x12 extravaganza day
Diezel K100+v30
Engl
G12-65 cab
This will suffice until we get that Mode 4 cab and the V30/T75 Bogner 😂🤪🤣😂🤔🤔🤔
Hahaha! Those would all have to be be REALLY Lite packs to get all of those out at one time. I might try the Diezel with a K100/V30 X-pattern to see how that sounds. I’m putting the 1980 G12-65s in a Marshall cab as we speak to see how it sounds. I’m still breaking in the ENGL cab, which is going really well. I’d have to get a an actual Bogner Uberkab for the V30/T75 since it’s a front-loaded cab and I don’t have any “modern” T75s. The Mode Four will be awesome when I can get to it.

Any love for a Demon/V30 (Hesu), Lynchback or Marshall V30MF? 😁
I’ve got some equipment for speaker break in coming this week, so I’ll finally be able to break in the Hesu Demons properly. Thanks for reminding me about the Lynchbacks… I forgot I had those. The V30MF will come with the Mode Four cab.

More G12-65’s, please!
Hopefully they’ll sound good in the Marshall. I just got an email this morning that the new ones I ordered have shipped.

Hopefully they’ll sound good in the Marshall. I just got an email this morning that the new ones I ordered have shipped.
Would also love to see those G12-65s get the York treatment in a 2x12 semi-open back cabinet. Maybe that Ceriatone ODS you've got will give you the inspiration to do that? :cool:

Would also love to see those G12-65s get the York treatment in a 2x12 semi-open back cabinet. Maybe that Ceriatone ODS you've got will give you the inspiration to do that? :cool:
That’s the plan. I’ve got a Two-Rock and a Dumble 2x12 clone that are both semi-open back that I’m definitely going to put some G12-65s in. I just can’t shoot that cab until I get my amp back. I just tried the Marshall branded G12-65s in my Marshall checkerboard 4x12 with my 50w JMP and JCM Slash heads and they sound pretty awesome. Way better than I remember them sounding last time I tried them.

Back
Top Bottom