IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
hey @York Audio - I've been reading the manuals for the packs I have but can't see the recommended speaker curves etc.
Is this something you may update going forward as I think it is really useful.

FWIW I have the Bogna, Mrsh M25, DXVB and MES 212 v30 packs

Thanks in advance
Newer packs have that information, but not all since impedance curve data is only useful for Fractal users at the moment (and even the importance of using proper impedance curves is a relatively new discovery in the Fractal world).

For the cabs you have:
Bogna: 4x12 Euro (taken from my actual cab)
Mesa 2x12: 2x12 Recto (taken from my actual cab)
MRSH M25: I normally use 4x12 Basketweave for this one. I didn’t have the equipment to measure the curve at the time I captured it, so I don’t have any specific data for that one.
DXVB: Try the 1x12 Deluxe Verb.

I hope this helps.

-Justin

Newer packs have that information, but not all since impedance curve data is only useful for Fractal users at the moment (and even the importance of using proper impedance curves is a relatively new discovery in the Fractal world).

For the cabs you have:
Bogna: 4x12 Euro (taken from my actual cab)
Mesa 2x12: 2x12 Recto (taken from my actual cab)
MRSH M25: I normally use 4x12 Basketweave for this one. I didn’t have the equipment to measure the curve at the time I captured it, so I don’t have any specific data for that one.
DXVB: Try the 1x12 Deluxe Verb.

I hope this helps.

-Justin
Great thank Justin

Stumbled across a rig rundown video for Megadeth (current lineup) today & found out that Dave had a signature Marshall cab (1960DM 4x12) with a different type of V30 in it (code T5731B, Celestion G12V-60).
Or the Marshall MF-280 (has the Marshall Vintage30MF, code T5321) - those cabs seem to get pretty good reviews.
@York Audio you probably have more on your plate than you can chew on for a good while but just some more "wood for your fire" if the opportunity ever comes up.

Stumbled across a rig rundown video for Megadeth (current lineup) today & found out that Dave had a signature Marshall cab (1960DM 4x12) with a different type of V30 in it (code T5731B, Celestion G12V-60).
Or the Marshall MF-280 (has the Marshall Vintage30MF, code T5321) - those cabs seem to get pretty good reviews.
@York Audio you probably have more on your plate than you can chew on for a good while but just some more "wood for your fire" if the opportunity ever comes up.
I picked up a Marshall MF280 about a month ago. I bought one a couple years ago and it didn’t blow me away, so I sold it. Found this one and took a chance on it. It sounds phenomenal! If I hadn’t just done a Marshall, it would have been next on the list. I’ve been breaking in a front loaded cab today and will take some test shots soon to see it’s great “as is,” or if it needs an x-pattern with another speaker for blending.

Still trying to figure out the next cab at the moment. I ordered an amp that’s typically used for the cab I was going to do, so I’ll probably do something else first so there’s time to learn the amp and get the tones most people associate with the cabinet. I’ve got too many cabs in my studio at the moment and feeling a bit of option overload.

Are the MF’s Mode Four by any chance? I’ve heard those Marshall Mode Four Cabinets are beasts!
Yup. The Mode Four amp didn’t really get much attention, but the cabs ended up being great. They’re oversized… like Marshall’s answer to Mesa’s Recto 4x12, but with a little different cabinet construction and Marshall Vintage 30 speakers that are voiced a little differently than the classic version used in the 1960v cabs.

To make it easier to find what you're looking for, click on the links below to jump to the introductory posts about these York Audio Cab Packs.

MRSH 412 MV30-Dual

FTWN 212 D120

VH+ 412 P50E

VLUX 210 P10R

YORK 212 M65 Cream

YORK 212 DV77

PRNC 110 OX Lite

5153 412 VH20

MTCH 212 ESD-V2

MES 412 OS-V2

HWAT 412 FN50 Lite

ORNG 412 V30

VX30 212 BLUE

FDMN 412 M25-V30

MRSH 412 T75

BMAN 410 P10Q

MRSH M25

MES 212 V30

AMPG 410 HS

VX15 112 Blue

MES 412 TRAD

MRSH Blackjack

Bogna 412

Keep reading this post for more information about the DXVB Verb Deluxe!

Hello everyone,

In light of the new vendor rules on the Fractal forum, we've been instructed to make a "master thread" to showcase new products. So today, I'm using this opportunity to announce the newest York Audio Cab Pack... The DXVB Verb Deluxe, based on a vintage 1966 "Blackface" Fender Deluxe Reverb with the original Oxford speaker.

You can get it here: www.yorkaudio.co for a low introductory price.

You can hear me play it here with the DXVB Mix 01 IR:

This Cab Pack offers .wav format Raw and MPT files in 96k, 48k, and 44.1k sample rates. Each capture was hand-selected and tuned by ear, resulting in a truly inspiring musical experience with minimal effort and IR auditioning. In addition to the fantastic single mic captures, there are also 10 multi-mic mixes to add more dimension to your tone.

Without name dropping, I've had Grammy Award winning producers, artists, top session players, and a couple very well-respected members of the Fractal family say things like:
-"These are the best Deluxe IR's I've ever heard."
-"These are MEASURABLY better than the IR's I was using."
-"This is my happy place."
-"The mix IR's sound killer! Having a hard time picking a fav. They have that warm low end I've been missing with my other stuff."
-"This is the closest to the real amp we've heard in the studio. Mind blown!"

I hope these IR's give you a similar satisfaction and experience. And above all, I hope they inspire great music in you.
Feel free to ask any questions.

-Justin

I have them ALL. Complete audio heaven. I will never come to the end of exploring these in combination and mixes. They all sound INCREDIBLE. Fractal has some great factory presets that come stock. These are the best I have purchased, I have tried 4 different vendors, the I went crazy for 20 minutes and just got them all. I mean, I love all of them, so I don't need them, but I have them.

One question: Is there anything newer since July? 😂 🎸 ⚡

I have them ALL. Complete audio heaven. I will never come to the end of exploring these in combination and mixes. They all sound INCREDIBLE. Fractal has some great factory presets that come stock. These are the best I have purchased, I have tried 4 different vendors, the I went crazy for 20 minutes and just got them all. I mean, I love all of them, so I don't need them, but I have them.

Out of curiosity, what part of that collection do you have loaded in your Axe?
My philosophy so far with York stuff is to load all the mixes, none of the singles. just to not fill up.

Ideas are welcome, all!

My philosophy so far with York stuff is to load all the mixes, none of the singles. just to not fill up.

Ideas are welcome, all!
Yep, the mixes. I do not have them all loaded, on any cab type, and just the mixes. That's what works best for me so far, I am still learning about this stuff. A lot of this gear that is modeled I have never played through or had contact with at all. A lot of Fenders and Mesas for me. I did not like Marshalls, Plexi not included, before getting the Axe. I didn't dial them correctly at all. As far as the York IRs, The Bogner is sick. A lot of them are sick. I don't want to diss anyone, but I really stick with these or the stock presets. I may, but I can't think of one, not on any presets I have created for sure.

Thanks for your support, Larry. I’m so glad you’re liking the IRs! The MRSH 412 MV30-Dual is the most recent pack. I have a Dumble style amp arriving today that I'm going to use to help me with my next pack, but I have ten other cabinets in my studio at the moment that I'm going to capture as well. There's a lot of work ahead of me... I just had to wait for my kids to be back in school before I could get back into work mode. :)

Hi Justin,
No Diezel cab's IRs?......
I've got a Diezel front loaded 4x12 with K100s as well as a Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with V30s in my studio as we speak. The V30 cab is from 2007 and sounds great, but the K100 cab is brand new and still needs more time to break in and "settle."

Ideas are welcome, all!
I would definitely load the Mixes for quicker "plug n play" results, but I also tend to load at least the single 57, 58, SM7, 160, 121, 184, and U47 captures and keep my favorites and delete the ones I know I'll never use. Sometimes a Mix is the ticket, and sometimes a single 57 or 58 sits just right. I don't expect anyone to load every IR in each pack. The packs are designed to cover a wide variety of tones with different amps and guitars, so just use the ones that connect with your personal tastes so your IR library is customized for you.

What is it about Engl cabs you like?
I had the same question myself thinking "is ANOTHER V30 cab really going to be that different"... until I actually got one. It's literally the heaviest cabinet I've ever had the misery of carrying, but it has a unique sound that's actually pretty great. It's front loaded, so it projects with a little more midrange focus than rear loaded cabs. Plus, it's oversized dimensions give it some pretty powerful deep low end without sounding muddy. The break in process is going really well for that cab. I hated it the first time I plugged into it and thought I wasted $1,500, but after going through my process, it's settling in nicely and gaining its own personality that's pretty cool. It'll be a fun cab to capture!

I find that I have satisfying results using the MPT Single Mics. Right now I tend to favor a 57 + 160 mix, sometimes with a second flavor of 57 like Fred thrown in.

A lot of times I’ll use a YA IR mix I already have in my FM9 to dial the amp, then I’ll reamp into the DAW with the cab block off. Then I’ll use Libra to mix my IR’s and then export the mix for ease of use in my mixes.

Here lately I have only been using YA’s I have
Friedman GB/V30
Bogner
Mesa Rec OS
Mesa Trad
Marshal T75
Orange 4x12
and

I am thinking of picking up the V30 Dual Marshall pack at some point but since the Herbie is my go to model for my main recording project I am interested to see what comes out in a Diezel flavor.

I do need to pick up a couple of combo style packs for my Fender and Vox style tones.

Back
Top Bottom