IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I'm really, REALLY, late to the York Audio party, but after trying the $1 sampling of the Mesa-212 pack yesterday, and reading forums posts and listening to the Soundcloud clips like a complete madman for almost 24 hours, today I bit the bullet and picked up the Bogna 412, FDMN 412 M25-V30, MRSH 412-T75, 5153 412 VH20, and York 212-DV77 packs today. I'm just getting started, but wow....even through headphones (DT1990 Pro), I'm pretty impressed so far! Playing a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas with a Floyd, and Duncan Parallel Axis pickups into my FM3. These IR's are pretty impressive - I've noticed they don't overdrive my audio interface the way that others do at that same level, like they seem more balanced, and as others have said, no boominess on the low end, either.

And dude....that Phil X Tone Merchants tone.....just wow, nailed it! I'm actually REALLY liking using the BE C45 model with it, as well - I actually tried that first before realizing that the reference was made with the BE V2 model.

Looking forward to the journey ahead.

I think you’d also love the Creamback 65 and new Marshall V30 packs. My real-life favorite cab is the Bogner OS212 loaded with a Creamback and a V30. There’s something about the new Marshall V30 pack that sits just right for me. I’ve replaced most of my patches with that IR and I feel that they’ve all been upgraded.

First, I want to say Justin IMO makes the very best IR’s. I most always use them. Thank you for your great work!

If I may make a request (I thought here would be the place). Not that it’s absolutely needed, but my son thought it would be cool, and it would yield it’s owe ‘color’.

A wish that @York Audio would make an ENGL 4/12 V30 cab pack. My thought is that it would be voiced a bit different than the mighty Recto, and ‘closer’ to the ENGL sound.

Thanks.

First, I want to say Justin IMO makes the very best IR’s. I most always use them. Thank you for your great work!

If I may make a request (I thought here would be the place). Not that it’s absolutely needed, but my son thought it would be cool, and it would yield it’s owe ‘color’.

A wish that @York Audio would make an ENGL 4/12 V30 cab pack. My thought is that it would be voiced a bit different than the mighty Recto, and ‘closer’ to the ENGL sound.

Thanks.
Hoping for that ENGL cab too.

@York Audio Any chance the Demons or Lynchbacks will make the next pack? If so, what cab is planned for them? Or do you got something else in mind? Already looking forward to the next release. 👍
Probably not the next pack, but thank you for reminding me about those speakers. :)

Thanks.
I’ve got an ENGL XXL 4x12 here in the studio. I always wonder if people are tired of V30s or if they still want different cab options with those speakers. The front loaded construction definitely turns it into a different animal.

Díezel would be good too!!!
Rear loaded with V30s or front loaded with K100s?

I’ve got an ENGL XXL 4x12 here in the studio. I always wonder if people are tired of V30s or if they still want different cab options with those speakers. The front loaded construction definitely turns it into a different animal.

@York Audio
From my experience using your IR’s and some others... yes, the V30’s (and other speakers to) have there own ‘color’ regarding the speaker(s) cabinet, and mics used plus the position of course. As of now, I use a Recto with usually mix 1 for the ENGL.. it sounds very good. Curious how a actual ENGL cab would sound paired with the amp model.
Just a wish. I really like your IR’s. They bring out the best tones IMO.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
I would love the fane F70 speakers in the vht/fryette fat bottom. Thats what they've been recommending lately. Although I don't expect it, because I'm sure you have a ton of speakers, cabs, and other work lined up already. Just a wish.

I would love the fane F70 speakers in the vht/fryette fat bottom. Thats what they've been recommending lately. Although I don't expect it, because I'm sure you have a ton of speakers, cabs, and other work lined up already. Just a wish.
seconding this, including the no expectations sentiment

I’ve got one arriving today. Hopefully it won’t take long to break in. :)
Congratulations!!!
May I ask, is that a german made one? With african Okume? I lost track if Diezel still have their cabs also produced in the States...
Anyway, happy to hear that cab is on the way! For heavy stuff I love to blend the diezel with k100s with the vht p50 (i own both cabs for a looong time) in real life, I am stoked of the possibility that York Audio may offer both of them in their roster!

Happy breaking!

Congratulations!!!
May I ask, is that a german made one? With african Okume? I lost track if Diezel still have their cabs also produced in the States...
Anyway, happy to hear that cab is on the way! For heavy stuff I love to blend the diezel with k100s with the vht p50 (i own both cabs for a looong time) in real life, I am stoked of the possibility that York Audio may offer both of them in their roster!

Happy breaking!
Yeah, it’s the German one with African Okume, which will be cool to hear how different it sounds compared to birch.

I’m excited to take some shots fresh out of the box and compare them to shots after the cab has been broken in and settled a bit. I’ve never played through K100s before, so this should be a lot of fun.

Yeah, it’s the German one with African Okume, which will be cool to hear how different it sounds compared to birch.

I’m excited to take some shots fresh out of the box and compare them to shots after the cab has been broken in and settled a bit. I’ve never played through K100s before, so this should be a lot of fun.
Oh that's great news. I am really curious what you think about wood and speakers with all that experience you gathered over the years.

Happy ir hunting! And I wish you to not fall asleep with sine sweep sounds in your head :)

I’ve never played through K100s before, so this should be a lot of fun.
I never played one in person, but after all the soundclips and IRs I´ve tried
I don't really like the k100s alone, but they are truly AWESOME blended with a V30 (at least in the IR realm)
SM57 on v30 and 421 on K100s is the magic recipe.

Back
Top Bottom