IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Thank you for these tips.
I am currently using Out 2 without cab block into an open 2x12 with Celestion G12 H30 in the practice room and set up the amps of the FM3 with it. This works very well from jazz, funk to down tuned metal.
At the same time I use Out 1 to go into the mixer and use a mix of Legacy 34 and Legacy 16 cab. With a lot of fine tuning of the high and low cuts, the signal sounds almost identical from our oversized PA with four 12´ mid drivers and massive subs. Bass, punch and bite are there.
The only thing missing is the cleanliness and transparency that the york audio ir's give me.
For this I would like to find a suitable package with a little more bass and punch.

Last edited:
Hi Justin! Loving your EVH 5153, Matchless, and VHT cabs! Any plans on doing a Diezel cab with the signature K100s? I get the feeling it's not a popular request, I'd love one of these to pair with the Herbert though! And of course, after trying your stuff, Ownhammer's is a bit lacking. Thanks!

Hi Justin! Loving your EVH 5153, Matchless, and VHT cabs! Any plans on doing a Diezel cab with the signature K100s? I get the feeling it's not a popular request, I'd love one of these to pair with the Herbert though! And of course, after trying your stuff, Ownhammer's is a bit lacking. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words, and I’m so glad you’re digging those packs! I’d love to find a front-loaded Diezel with K100s, but they don’t pop up very often. I just picked up a rear-loaded Diezel as well as a front-loaded ENGL XXL Oversized 4x12, but I’ll keep an eye out for some K100s that I could pop into one of those bad boys.

Thanks for the kind words, and I’m so glad you’re digging those packs! I’d love to find a front-loaded Diezel with K100s, but they don’t pop up very often. I just picked up a rear-loaded Diezel as well as a front-loaded ENGL XXL Oversized 4x12, but I’ll keep an eye out for some K100s that I could pop into one of those bad boys.
Awesome to hear! Not surprised that they're a bit harder to find haha, bummer since that'd be the dream cab for me. Super excited to have the rear-loaded and the ENGL XXL in the queue though! Definitely got my wallet open for those, especially if you can snag some K100s for them!

hi Justin! just wanted to ask if there are any plans on the horizon to include a bass cab using the newer technique. i've been looking at the 410 HS pack and was thinking i might get it just for the RNR1 captures, but also wanted to check in. hope you and your family have been well 💝

hi Justin! just wanted to ask if there are any plans on the horizon to include a bass cab using the newer technique. i've been looking at the 410 HS pack and was thinking i might get it just for the RNR1 captures, but also wanted to check in. hope you and your family have been well 💝
That ampeg 4x10 pack is great. I haven't tried it yet, but the 4x10 bassman pack might do well too. I wonder if anyone has tried running their bass through that one.

Hey @York Audio, dying to try that V30 loaded Marshall cab. Any goodies lined up for us by chance? :D

I have a Jubilee re-issue vertical 2x12 loaded with Marshall’s version of the Vintage 30. I’ve made a couple impulse responses of this cabinet, and the cabinet sounds quite similar to the York Audio Bogna pack. So if you’re looking for something similar to a Vintage 30 loaded Marshall 4x12, check out the Bogna pack.

I just picked up the newest FTWN 212 D120 pack. I'm loving the sounds I'm able to get with the blackface twin amp model in my FM9 for clean and crunch but having a little trouble dialing in heavier tones. I mostly play at church and set up my amps like I would my old tube rigs. Clean/Light Break up pedal platforms with multiple drive pedals for gain staging. It seems like I can dial them in where they're too bright on the higher lead parts past the 12 fret or too flubby in the low end even for power chords. I've been having some success with a multiband compressor in front of the amp but I'd love to hear some additional thoughts or suggestions.

Edit: More info... I've been using mostly mix 1 sometimes adding in mix 10 as well. With mix 10 I really like the low/mid range but have been using a high cut to tame some harness I'm hearing on the higher frequencies. When I was micing a tube amp I used to love the 57 + 421 combo.

Last edited:
I've been using YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix 11 with my Friedman BE Preset and it's great. I mix in the 4x12 Legacy Greenback Room IRs at around -16dB panned hard left/right and the Rec studio C reverb with early reflections turned all the way down and it gives a great 'roomy' sound. I've found this Mix IR combined with the Room IR's and reverb works with pretty much anything "Marshally" and don't use it with only Friedman models.

Low cut is at 82Hz
1650924809413.png

Cab pre settings
1650924873158.png

Hey @York Audio, dying to try that V30 loaded Marshall cab. Any goodies lined up for us by chance? :D
I’m finishing up Mixes on the Marshall as we speak. It’s really meaty and sounds more like a vintage Marshall cab than the super fizzy newer ones. Beta team feedback has been great, so I’m excited for you guys to check this one out!

I just picked up the newest FTWN 212 D120 pack. I'm loving the sounds I'm able to get with the blackface twin amp model in my FM9 for clean and crunch but having a little trouble dialing in heavier tones. I mostly play at church and set up my amps like I would my old tube rigs. Clean/Light Break up pedal platforms with multiple drive pedals for gain staging. It seems like I can dial them in where they're too bright on the higher lead parts past the 12 fret or too flubby in the low end even for power chords. I've been having some success with a multiband compressor in front of the amp but I'd love to hear some additional thoughts or suggestions.

Edit: More info... I've been using mostly mix 1 sometimes adding in mix 10 as well. With mix 10 I really like the low/mid range but have been using a high cut to tame some harness I'm hearing on the higher frequencies. When I was micing a tube amp I used to love the 57 + 421 combo.
The D120F speakers are famous for their top end sizzle, so players who like ultra clean and clear tones as well as pedal steel players really connect with the Twin loaded with those speakers along with EVH who used a 4x12 loaded with two D120F and two pre-Rola Greenbacks for his famous tone (you can really hear the sizzle in early VH recordings).

When I play the actual amp and use overdrive pedals, I like it with the bright switch turned OFF and adding in a little more treble, so try turning the bright switch off on the model, tweak your treble with your clean and EoB tones, and then turn on your overdrive and dial in the tone knob for the brightness/warmth you’re wanting.

I hope this helps.

I’m finishing up Mixes on the Marshall as we speak. It’s really meaty and sounds more like a vintage Marshall cab than the super fizzy newer ones. Beta team feedback has been great, so I’m excited for you guys to check this one out!
I’m so excited about this IR pack!!!!

I just got the FTWN 212 D120. This is absolutely astounding. I had a JBL Equipped Silverface Twin back in 1969. My dad got it for me after I won a bet. Ordered it from a great but now defunct music store near me. This IR sounds exactly like mine. Great Job!

The D120F speakers are famous for their top end sizzle, so players who like ultra clean and clear tones as well as pedal steel players really connect with the Twin loaded with those speakers along with EVH who used a 4x12 loaded with two D120F and two pre-Rola Greenbacks for his famous tone (you can really hear the sizzle in early VH recordings).

When I play the actual amp and use overdrive pedals, I like it with the bright switch turned OFF and adding in a little more treble, so try turning the bright switch off on the model, tweak your treble with your clean and EoB tones, and then turn on your overdrive and dial in the tone knob for the brightness/warmth you’re wanting.

I hope this helps.
I was going to ask you about that D120F. Isn't the sound drastically different in the 4x12 when Ed used to blend it with the GBs? Or do you think you can get a close tone with the D120F in the Fender cab while mixing with a GB from say the M20 or EVH pack? Any chance for a sound byte with a FAS Plexi amp model?

I was going to ask you about that D120F. Isn't the sound drastically different in the 4x12 when Ed used to blend it with the GBs? Or do you think you can get a close tone with the D120F in the Fender cab while mixing with a GB from say the M20 or EVH pack? Any chance for a sound byte with a FAS Plexi amp model?
I haven’t tried that combo yet, but can look at it after I finish this Marshall cab. I have some pre-Rola Greenbacks as well, so eventually I’ll try those and the D120F in a Marshall cab to see how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom