IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I apologize for things being “quiet” around here. I took some time off, but I’m ready to get back into capturing some cabs. I still need to get one of my pre-Rolas repaired before I shoot that cab, but it’s definitely on my list. :)
Hey time off is good! No sorries necessary 😆
I’m looking forward to them when you get to it👍🏻

Is there any plans on putting different speakers on the VHT cabinet? I remember like a decade ago now on the sevenstring.org forum people were really into those cabs with V30’s, compared to their Mesa cabs.

I just got the VH+ yesterday, and it's blowing me away. Holy crap these are massive.
I’m so glad you’re digging that pack! That thing sounds huge!

Is there any plans on putting different speakers on the VHT cabinet? I remember like a decade ago now on the sevenstring.org forum people were really into those cabs with V30’s, compared to their Mesa cabs.
That’s definitely a possibility. The only front-loaded cabs I have are the VHT 4x12 and 2x12 as well as a Soldano 4x12, but I like the tone of the VHTs a little more than the Soldano.

I’m so glad you’re digging that pack! That thing sounds huge!

That’s definitely a possibility. The only front-loaded cabs I have are the VHT 4x12 and 2x12 as well as a Soldano 4x12, but I like the tone of the VHTs a little more than the Soldano.
How do front loaded cabs sound different than rear loaded?

How do front loaded cabs sound different than rear loaded?
Front-loaded cabs tend to project more and sound “forward” with more midrange and less low end. Rear-loaded cabs tend to have more low end and slightly less midrange. Rear-loaded cabs sound more pleasing in the room, where front-loaded cabs tend to shine when you’ve got a mic on the cab.

As crazy as it is the Mesa 2x12 V30 $1 pack is still my go-to and I have several of the other packs as well as a pretty decent collection in general.

Been listening to a lot of Eric Steckel clips lately. Looks like he has a signature amp/cab coming out, it would be killer to get something like the his signature mezzabarba cab. He told me it has 20w heritage greenbacks in it.

Yup, it's true. I just released the York Audio FTWN 212 D120 Cab Pack based on a 1971 Fender Twin Reverb combo loaded with the original JBL D120F speakers. This thing is absolutely glorious! The pack also contains FullRes length ROOM L and R captures if you want that AITR experience.

Here are a few clips I made to get the party started. :)

This is my Gretsch doing the ambient clean thing.

Here's my Tele on the bridge pickup with a little Tone of Kings for some grit.

And this is my go-to Strat on the neck pickup.

Yup, it's true. I just released the York Audio FTWN 212 D120 Cab Pack based on a 1971 Fender Twin Reverb combo loaded with the original JBL D120F speakers. This thing is absolutely glorious! The pack also contains FullRes length ROOM L and R captures if you want that AITR experience.

Gorgeous tones!

These D120's are absolutely awesome! The mixes (especially 05) work well w/my '66 Fender Twin patch...

I would love to see you give the same treatment/setup/cab w/two Electrovoice 12" EVM12Ls (I used the D120s and EVM12Ls back in the day)

Back
Top Bottom