IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
When I am using two different cabs for example the Vox and M65 and want to blend them, which phase do I need to use?
If they're all from a single vendor, you shouldn't have to worry about it, they'll blend fine, without phasing issues.

If you're mixing vendors you'll have to try and see what works best for you in that case.

CAVEAT: I'm less sure about this part:
In general I think MPT files are intended to mix well with others, but some people don't like the sound of them. This is fairly subtle stuff, so of you don't hear problems, don't worry about it.

When I am using two different cabs for example the Vox and M65 and want to blend them, which phase do I need to use?
I’d go with Minimum Phase just to be safe. Some cabs will blend fine in Natural Phase, but some don’t. Plus, all of the Mixes are finalized in Minimum Phase so you can blend Mixes without any phase issues.

It's finally here! (Whew!!!) The York Audio KW 412 M25-SH cab pack is officially live! I can't begin to tell you guys how excited I am about this one and all of the work that went into creating it. It's based on Scott Henderson's personal Kerry Wright 4x12 cabinet loaded with UK Celestion M25 Greenbacks. The pack has my normal feature set along with a "Scott Henderson" folder that includes his personal mic placements.

Here are a few clips to get an idea of what it sounds like. The first section is my Les Paul through a JCM 800 model. The second section is the same preset, but using one of the new Stereo Mixes so you can hear the room ambience. The third section is my Tele through a JTM 45 model. And the fourth section is my Les Paul through an SLO model into a large room Stereo Mix.

Another cool last minute addition were three Mixes made for Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World that he's currently programming into his live rig as I type this. I still need to make more clips, but wanted to get this out for you guys to enjoy. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

This sounds awesome! As soon as I'm done convincing myself I need another greenback sound, I'm in. This sounds even better than the last M25.
I agree. I wasn’t going to do a Greenback cab as my first pack of 2023 until I heard it and compared it to my other M25 packs. It’s night day, and I’m really happy with how this one turned out.

That one does sound nice, and hard to believe only one pack so far in 2023, but it sounds like a pretty cool one.
Yeah, this pack has taken 5 months to make. I don’t use EQ and it had to sound identical to what Scott recorded in his studio. You wouldn’t believe the layers of details that went into getting a perfect match naturally.

I upgraded a lot of critical components in my studio as well, and they’ve made an audible difference in how things turned out.

The Stereo Mixes are a lot of fun too and give you more realism with headphones and has that “amp in the room” type of feeling. Getting that dialed in and figuring out how to make realistic stereo mixes was a challenge, but definitely worth the time, effort, and money it took to make it happen. :)

Yeah, this pack has taken 5 months to make. I don’t use EQ and it had to sound identical to what Scott recorded in his studio. You wouldn’t believe the layers of details that went into getting a perfect match naturally.

I upgraded a lot of critical components in my studio as well, and they’ve made an audible difference in how things turned out.

The Stereo Mixes are a lot of fun too and give you more realism with headphones and has that “amp in the room” type of feeling. Getting that dialed in and figuring out how to make realistic stereo mixes was a challenge, but definitely worth the time, effort, and money it took to make it happen. :)
Is Scott Henderson doing modeling now?

I love his tones on Vibe Station and People Mover

Is Scott Henderson doing modeling now?

I love his tones on Vibe Station and People Mover
He’s still using real amps, but he’s recording his new album with his heads, a Suhr Reactive load box (non-IR), and these IRs. I got a call from him after finally nailing his sweet spot range and I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone so excited about IRs before. It was a really encouraging day.

These sound great, Man! What’s the best Speaker Impedance Curve to use with this pack?
I use the 4x12 Basketweave with the low frequency at 115Hz. I’m glad you’re already liking it!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone so excited about IRs before. It was a really encouraging day.
For whatever it’s worth, your IRs made me that excited as well. When I got the Fractal, I thought “this is cool. Super handy. I still dig my amps though.” When I got your IRs, I thought “my amps will never sound this good.”

Dyncacab is basically meaningless for me. Couldn’t care less. Until you release some, of course.

For whatever it’s worth, your IRs made me that excited as well. When I got the Fractal, I thought “this is cool. Super handy. I still dig my amps though.” When I got your IRs, I thought “my amps will never sound this good.”

Dyncacab is basically meaningless for me. Couldn’t care less. Until you release some, of course.
I’m looking forward to making some DynaCabs. I compared these to the DynaCab Greenback options and they don’t sound anything like the TV 4x12 or the Friedman 4x12 M25.

Bought it... Congrats !
Thanks for picking it up! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I’m looking forward to making some DynaCabs. I compared these to the DynaCab Greenback options and they don’t sound anything like the TV 4x12 or the Friedman 4x12 M25.

Thanks for picking it up! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
You making Dynacabs is awesome. Apart from my credit card which will be used to buy them all!

It's finally here! (Whew!!!) The York Audio KW 412 M25-SH cab pack is officially live! I can't begin to tell you guys how excited I am about this one and all of the work that went into creating it. It's based on Scott Henderson's personal Kerry Wright 4x12 cabinet loaded with UK Celestion M25 Greenbacks. The pack has my normal feature set along with a "Scott Henderson" folder that includes his personal mic placements.

Here are a few clips to get an idea of what it sounds like. The first section is my Les Paul through a JCM 800 model. The second section is the same preset, but using one of the new Stereo Mixes so you can hear the room ambience. The third section is my Tele through a JTM 45 model. And the fourth section is my Les Paul through an SLO model into a large room Stereo Mix.

Another cool last minute addition were three Mixes made for Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World that he's currently programming into his live rig as I type this. I still need to make more clips, but wanted to get this out for you guys to enjoy. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Very nice! Seems like quite a ballsy sounding cab.

But again, that LP of yours... Such a GAS inducing piece of equipment

Back
Top Bottom