IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hey all! I am loving the FDMN pack. I mainly am gravitating toward the V30s. The V30 Mix 5 is one I seem to like right off the bat. I play music in the vein of A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Tesseract, Starset, etc. Heavy rock mixed with ambient cleans.

What other packs would be good to check out and try? I was looking at the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual, MES 412 TRAD, Bogna 412, and the MRSH 412 M25.

Any thoughts or opinions?
Of those the Marshall mv30 and the Mesa Trad would be my first choices maybe the M25 for a different GB flavor

Hey all! I am loving the FDMN pack. I mainly am gravitating toward the V30s. The V30 Mix 5 is one I seem to like right off the bat. I play music in the vein of A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Tesseract, Starset, etc. Heavy rock mixed with ambient cleans.

What other packs would be good to check out and try? I was looking at the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual, MES 412 TRAD, Bogna 412, and the MRSH 412 M25.

Meaning to try out the MRSH 412 MV30 myself. However, speaking of Tesseract, their tone is extremely unique and it's a bit difficult to say which cab would be the best fit.
Acle Kahney from Tesseract has patches available for purchase. Someone who owned it showed me the layout and the patch has like 3 or 4 EQ blocks and comes with a custom IR. Another aspect of their tone is that they use the split coil of their neck humbucker as opposed to the bridge pickup, which also helps in getting that scooped tone. Maybe the MES 412 OS-V2 be a good fit for their sound specifically.

I have the MV30, the Mesa OS 412, and the Mesa 212. The OS 412 is the least fizzy, but it's very boomy — just like the real deal. If you ever play fast, you might have a hard time with low-end clarity. The Mesa 212 is an amazing amp: tight, focussed. Even the $1 pack for it is great. It's a steal. The MV30 is beyond incredible and is basically my default now anytime I start working on a preset. The hype for that was legit, and after having it for just a week, it's become my go-to. It's even replaced the Mesa 212 in some places where I want even more aggression in the mids.

Others beat me to it, but I would check out the MES 412 OS-V2, MRSH 412 MV30-Dual, and the MES 212 V30 (try the $1 Limited version to see if you like it) packs for the bands you mentioned.

The Creambacks have a low-mid thump to me that makes them sound like a more modern M25 Greenback. I pair the 160-2 M65 IR with the stock Rumble 4x12 57A (thanks Cooper Carter) and get a fantastic sound that works with every amp sim I play live (Band-Commander, AC20, Deluxe Reverb, Atomica High). It is absolutely a Swiss Army knife cab that would be a great place to start.
I just wanted to re-up this. Finally got a chance to play with this cab pairing for a while today and it almost immediately earned a space as a saved block in my library. Really incredible sound: breakup and clarity in one.

Guys, which IR do you find works the best with the Trainwrecks? I already tried the M25 but it has something in it with those Amps that I dont really like.

This question is for @York Audio what is the proper way to use the Fred captures in your packs that offer them?

Pair it with a single raw 57 or MPT 57? Should ot pretty much be a 50/50 blend? Etc…

This question is for @York Audio what is the proper way to use the Fred captures in your packs that offer them?

Pair it with a single raw 57 or MPT 57? Should ot pretty much be a 50/50 blend? Etc…
I guess the proper way (if you don’t use Mix Fred) is to use the natural phase versions of 57m-FOA and 57m-FCN. Just blend them to taste and that’s about it.

In other news, having Covid sucks and I’m ready to stop feeling like garbage.

I guess the proper way (if you don’t use Mix Fred) is to use the natural phase versions of 57m-FOA and 57m-FCN. Just blend them to taste and that’s about it.

Bleh, no fun for sure, Wishing you well.

Not to touch on sensitive topics, but it would appear it's not exactly "gone", even if we wish it was.

Rest up dude. My last run in November knocked me on my @ss for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom