IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
hey dude, i wasn't able to use this code. i tried a few times tonight (it's still 11/26/22 - does that mean that the code expired midnight when it turned the 26th?)
I’m sorry you missed the sale. :( I don’t know what time zone my webstore used as the cutoff point, but it lasted until midnight before the 27th (I had coupon users place orders past 11:30pm US Central time zone). I sent out the email blast to York Audio website subscribers and posted about it on a couple forums to give people ample time to make purchases, but the site is still at a 25% off for now. I’m not sure when I’m going to make price adjustments and lift that discount, but that one is still in effect.

Personally what I'm waiting for is the diezel cab pack. I have tried IRs others made of diezel cabs, but considering Friedman York pack is on most of my recordings, curious to see what he comes up with. So far wasn't that impressed with diezel cab IRs I've tested. It's likely the York version fits me better while providing something distinct from the Friedman pack.
For the Diezel, are you wanting the rear mounted V30 or the front mounted K100 cab?

This is me as well! Friedman's the go-to metal cab for me rn, occasionally switching it up to the 5153. I love the unique character of both of these cabs. Hard to go wrong with the Mesa OS with V30s, but I'm another that's just kinda bored of that combo lol.

The Diezel is what I'm most eagerly awaiting as well 👌 the Engl as a close second. I think they'd both complement the Friedman very well. I'll be a happy man when either pops up on the store.

In the meantime, I'm still digging into MRSH Dual to experiment with more cleans and leads, it's an incredible pack! It's making me break out of my typical mic selection rut - I'm finding some surprising combinations. And it's a great addition to help me break me away from the Matchless 2x12 once in a while lol
Same question for you. Rear mounted V30 or front mounted K100 Diezel 4x12?

The ENGL XXL 4x12 is going to be cool too. It’s oversized and sounds big, while the front mount keeps the low end tighter and more focused. It definitely doesn’t sound like any other V30 cab I have.

I bought the last two YA packs that I did not own yet in the sale. The first impression of the M20 pack is good, I think I like it better than the 5153. The second pack, the Ampeg pack, was rather bought to support YA than that I needed it - I don't even own a bass anymore :)
Thank you for your support! I’m glad you’re liking the MRSH M20 pack. That one has a good amount of air/sizzle to it that some players really love in their tone… especially with Plexi amps.

Now you gotta borrow a bass and experience the AMPG pack. It sounds incredible on bass.

I missed the sale too, logged in on Sunday to pick up the new Marsh V30 and the Blackback Marsh packs but the sale had expired. Oh well, I’ll eventually get them.

As the Herbert is my go to amp in my FM9 for my main original recordings I would love to see which ever Diezel cab that’s best suited to the Diezel and Killswitch Holy Diver type tones (I know they used a modified SLO on that but I like to dial my Herb tones in that direction while still enjoying the “Herbie-ness”.

I also would love to see a Marshall Mode 4 cab to show up eventually

Now you gotta borrow a bass and experience the AMPG pack. It sounds incredible on bass.
can confirm!! i use rnr-1 and 313-1 panned 50% left and 50% right respectively at church and my tone has never sounded so satisfying and consistently on the mark

actually a decent time to ask since i don't like to add to the pile apropos of nothing: any plans for future bass cabs? would love to have more options with the holy trinity of ribbons (rnr1, ksm313, n22) in my library

I've only had a little bit of time with the Hiwatt mix IRs, but they are freakin' killer! If it wasn't for Burgs using Fane IRs in some of his patches, I probably wouldn't have ever given them a chance. I'm now pissed at myself for passing on a vintage Hiwatt w/ Fanes at giveaway price 15 or so years ago...if I only knew then how cool fanes are!

can confirm!! i use rnr-1 and 313-1 panned 50% left and 50% right respectively at church and my tone has never sounded so satisfying and consistently on the mark

actually a decent time to ask since i don't like to add to the pile apropos of nothing: any plans for future bass cabs? would love to have more options with the holy trinity of ribbons (rnr1, ksm313, n22) in my library
I just checked the AMPG sales for the year and it’s actually done a lot better than I thought. What bass cabs would you want?

What York Audio pack would you recommend for metal tones?
The YORK 212 DV77 and MES 212 V30 are also pretty awesome for metal.

I've only had a little bit of time with the Hiwatt mix IRs, but they are freakin' killer! If it wasn't for Burgs using Fane IRs in some of his patches, I probably wouldn't have ever given them a chance. I'm now pissed at myself for passing on a vintage Hiwatt w/ Fanes at giveaway price 15 or so years ago...if I only knew then how cool fanes are!
What do you like about them and what context are you using them in?

I just checked the AMPG sales for the year and it’s actually done a lot better than I thought. What bass cabs would you want?

The YORK 212 DV77 and MES 212 V30 are also pretty awesome for metal.
I have this Bergantino cab with 2 10in speakers, a 12in, and a tweeter. It sounds really balanced. Low b notes ring very clear.
The Aguilar cabs with 12 inch speakers (2x12 and 4x12) unique cool.
Mesa subway cabs. I have a 1x15. It has a really solid low end.

What do you like about them and what context are you using them in?
I play in a cover band that does everything from Melissa Etheridge to Hailstorm. I dial in my patches at around 90 dB through Atomic CLR speakers. They are thick sounding, yet still punch through. I have always gravitated towards "darker" Celestions, G12K-85, G12-65...none of these are Muddy, just not the "spiky" highs like many V30's, etc. Was this what you were asking?

If you still have an itch after the Mesa cabs, definitely snag the DV77. Easily my favorite cab pack for metal tones (more modern than old school)
What is it you like about that cab? I know the 77's get a lot of love these days, but I am afraid they would be too papery which is one of the ways modern tones are sounding to me these days, like weird mids or something.
I play in a cover band that does everything from Melissa Etheridge to Hailstorm. I dial in my patches at around 90 dB through Atomic CLR speakers. They are thick sounding, yet still punch through. I have always gravitated towards "darker" Celestions, G12K-85, G12-65...none of these are Muddy, just not the "spiky" highs like many V30's, etc. Was this what you were asking?
Yea that is what I am asking, I think. I am into Modern Hard Rock music but I am not into Djent or "Klanky" tones.

What is it you like about that cab? I know the 77's get a lot of love these days, but I am afraid they would be too papery which is one of the ways modern tones are sounding to me these days, like weird mids or something.

Yea that is what I am asking, I think. I am into Modern Hard Rock music but I am not into Djent or "Klanky" tones.

It definitely does more than djent, I don't find it papery at all, but it is perfect for scooped metal tones. I think the lack of the papery aspect is what makes it so good for that. Sounds great on all kinds of amps though, I've got it on mid-gain Marshalls and Bogners just as well!

Back
Top Bottom