IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Yup, it's true. I just released the York Audio FTWN 212 D120 Cab Pack based on a 1971 Fender Twin Reverb combo loaded with the original JBL D120F speakers. This thing is absolutely glorious! The pack also contains FullRes length ROOM L and R captures if you want that AITR experience.

Here are a few clips I made to get the party started. :)

This is my Gretsch doing the ambient clean thing.

Here's my Tele on the bridge pickup with a little Tone of Kings for some grit.

And this is my go-to Strat on the neck pickup.

Holy Moly Justin,
absolutely awsome, I just bought the pack.
Would you like to share the Preset please?
Thank you

These new Fender twin irs are great - they dont sound much different but when you get things rocking they all sound very nice

Just tried mixes folder IR' s - whats the difference in the other folders - Minimum Phase Singles - Natural Phase Singles ? thanks

whats the difference in the other folders - Minimum Phase Singles - Natural Phase Singles ?
the short answer would be that minimum phase single IRs mix with other MPT (minimum phase transform) IRs in ways that are more predictable (i.e., the qualities you like from each blend together in a way that may feel more intuitive to your ears). natural phase IRs are unprocessed from the original so they maintain the phase response present in the original capture. they mix together with other natural phase IRs in ways that may surprise you, but also may be more representative of how those mics would blend in a real time workflow.

further reading https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/non-minimum-phase-irs.146046

Could you please suggest which IR 's you offer will work well for Gilmour / Pink Floyd to purchase - noticing paid presets are pretty good but lacking on the IR side of things - I have single coil Ibanez guitars - thanks much
Try the the Mix NUMB from the HWAT pack. You’ll probably need to tweak your amp settings, but that’s the one I’d start with.

Holy Moly Justin,
absolutely awsome, I just bought the pack.
Would you like to share the Preset please?
Thank you
Thanks! And sure, I just need to organize the preset next time I’m in front of my Axe before sharing it.

Yup, it's true. I just released the York Audio FTWN 212 D120 Cab Pack based on a 1971 Fender Twin Reverb combo loaded with the original JBL D120F speakers. This thing is absolutely glorious! The pack also contains FullRes length ROOM L and R captures if you want that AITR experience.

Here are a few clips I made to get the party started. :)

Is your May - U2 Vox ir's as good as these fender ir's ? because these latest Fender ir's are great thanks

Is your May - U2 Vox ir's as good as these fender ir's ? because these latest Fender ir's are great thanks
The VX30 pack is pretty awesome. A friend of mine is using the Mix BMAY for the We Will Rock You musical and told me that Brian really loved his tone, so that one is working well for the Queen thing. The Mix EDGY nails the early U2 sound, and I’ve had a lot of messages about Edge fans loving that one.

I’m glad you’re liking the Twin! Thanks so much for the kind words!

The VX30 pack is pretty awesome. A friend of mine is using the Mix BMAY for the We Will Rock You musical and told me that Brian really loved his tone, so that one is working well for the Queen thing. The Mix EDGY nails the early U2 sound, and I’ve had a lot of messages about Edge fans loving that one.

Thanks so much have to buy it :)

Please advise: I bought the Mesa 2x12 V30, MRSH 412 M25 and MES 412 OS-V2 and love their clarity and HIFI quality. Recording is fast and easy.
However, in the practice room I miss the punch to the chest. To my surprise, the small 2x12 works slightly better than the big cab IRs. All three are not really gripping and emotionally arousing. The real cab can still does that better.
Which pack do I need to order to get more the feel of playing a massive big cab?

Please advise: I bought the Mesa 2x12 V30, MRSH 412 M25 and MES 412 OS-V2 and love their clarity and HIFI quality. Recording is fast and easy.
However, in the practice room I miss the punch to the chest. To my surprise, the small 2x12 works slightly better than the big cab IRs. All three are not really gripping and emotionally arousing. The real cab can still does that better.
Which pack do I need to order to get more the feel of playing a massive big cab?

This sounds to me like you haven't found the right Speaker Impedance Curve yet. I'd mess with all of them, then make your own if you don't find one that hits you in the chest.

The upper frequencies can be difficult to get right, so it may be easier to find a curve that already has the right feel in the upper frequencies, then just adjust the three low frequency parameters to taste until you have it shaking the room in just the right way! To me, this is one of the many secret weapons of Fractal. @mixermang seems to have figured this out in the best way, using bias excursion and other parameters too, but he could add to this in a more helpful way.

I’m glad you’re liking the sound of those packs and they’re making recording really easy for you.

For the practice room, your listening source is EVERYTHING when it comes to sound and feel. A 1x12” PA cab pointed at your face won’t hit you like a cranked 4x12 aimed at your legs no matter what IR you’re using.

What’s your practice room monitoring situation?

For live stuff, I like sending IRs to FOH and monitors and using a real cabinet with a power amp for the “live cab” punch in the chest feeling you mentioned (just don’t send the IR to the real cab or it’ll sound terrible). It gives you great sound for the audience and your band mates and lets you dial in the live cab volume for what you want to feel and interact with.

Love the packs I have from York. Been getting a lot of miles out if the 4x10 Bassman lately. Found the P10R Vibrolux 2x10 works nicely with the Super 4x10 impedance curve for the Brown Concert 6G12. Still wish for more Webers. Would love you to shoot their Blue Dog and AlNiCo 10V. The X-Cab I have with 10Vs is incredible....

Just picked up Vox

Yup just picked it up luv it, great work :) when you hit the sweet spot wow just like being there - exclusively using headphones - thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom