IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I will say this, though: either my ears are still hurting from this morning's test, or there really IS a lot less variance between these samples and other ones. E.g. between a '57 mic and the 121, I'd expect to hear much more difference than I do. It almost feels like different IRs of the mics were applied to one baseline IR of the speaker.

Is the Fane just that much less susceptible to different mics and placements?
Do you happen to have two IRs active in your cab block while you’re auditioning files? That would create less variance if you have a constant second mic active. With the Fane having less top end than a Celestion, the character change between sweet spot captures (1-5) is apparent, but not as drastic as drastic as it is on a V30 or Greenback. For the Hiwatt, try comparing 57-CE 2 (cap edge), 57-1 (sweet spot), 57-CN (cone), and 57-CNE (cone edge). You should have a MASSIVE tonal variance between all of those files. If you don’t hear a huge difference, then you may have an odd setting somewhere in your unit that’s skewing your results.

Keep me posted. :)

Justin, you did it again...another great IR pack.

Although I know you spend a ton of time creating amazing individual IR captures, I find I can get amazing tones with your mixes and I'm ready to go. I just load up the mixes into my Axe Fx III's memory these days. It's nice to have some great mixes that I can quickly pull up instead of trying to create my own. Keep up the great work!

Okay I officially have a problem...
I can't stop buying your IRs!

Had some fun with the Hi Watt model today never tried it before (cause I've never had good irs) might be one of my new favorites.
As always your IRs are amazing, this pack is no execption and hardly "lite" it has everything I need!

Justin, your IR's are fantastic... it would be so cool to have your old 1976 Marshall Checkeboard 4x12 with V30's... and also with EVH Celestions ;-)

I'm the loaner, patiently waiting for a capture of an old Peavey 5150 w/Sheffield 1200s. Probably the last man on the planet that actually liked the speakers and still has one of the original cabinets. Would be a great new Lite pack! I'll buy it twice if that helps? lol 👍

Thanks guys for taking the time to express how much you like these. It’s more encouraging to me than you know!

Justin, your IR's are fantastic... it would be so cool to have your old 1976 Marshall Checkeboard 4x12 with V30's... and also with EVH Celestions ;-)
I’m responding to your first request below. As for the Marshall Checkerboard with EVH Celestions, that’s what my MRSH M20 cab is. The Heritage G12M 20 watt speakers are the same speakers as the EVH Signature speakers. They just have a green cap on the back and cost more, but you can compare the graphs on Celestion’s site to see that they’re the same speaker.

It kind of hurts my soul to see more requests for Vintage 30s. Don‘t we have enough? :mask:
For the Marshall with V30’s, I’m not using modern Chinese V30’s. I picked up a quad of ‘87 “Marshall Vintage” speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee that I have loaded in one of Steve Stevens’ old Marshall cabs. These are original spec V30’s that sound unlike any V30 I have (and I have 27 of them). I sent some initial test shots to Leon Todd and he loved them.

For the Marshall with V30’s, I’m not using modern Chinese V30’s. I picked up a quad of ‘87 “Marshall Vintage” speakers pulled from a Silver Jubilee that I have loaded in one of Steve Stevens’ old Marshall cabs. These are original spec V30’s that sound unlike any V30 I have (and I have 27 of them). I sent some initial test shots to Leon Todd and he loved them.

I can’t wait for this cab pack!!!!

It’s coming along great! Since it’s two cab packs in one, it’s just taking a little longer. I want it to be great rather than releasing it too soon. Mark Holcomb sent me a clip he made with one of the V30 mixes and it sounded massive! I’m excited about it and working on it with every spare moment I have. My daughter started virtual school, so it’s been challenging balancing that with my work, but we’re getting closer each day. :)

Did you ever mention which mix it was that Holcomb liked?

He liked quite a few of the Friedman V30 Mixes, but I’m not sure which one he landed on. He’s not an IR geek, so he just picked one he liked and went with it. I want to say it was Mix 08. I remember him saying he was surprised by the mics in that mix (906-160).
Hu Justin ;
Amazing pack...once more , in particular in these new times of confinment ...stay at home in France ,
can you post a preset for comfortably numb, for the gilmour lovers with this particular mix dedicated to him.
thanks !!!!!
keep on .....

Hu Justin ;
Amazing pack...once more , in particular in these new times of confinment ...stay at home in France ,
can you post a preset for comfortably numb, for the gilmour lovers with this particular mix dedicated to him.
thanks !!!!!
keep on .....
Sure thing, here it is! For the clip, I used the chorus block for the width, but I just played it again and used the Enhancer block which I like more. I still have the Chorus block in there, but it's bypassed, so you can try the Chorus or the Enhancer to see which one you like better. This is a stereo patch, so make sure you're set up for stereo for the full effect. If you're going mono, just bypass the Enhancer and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• YA HWAT GILMOUR.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Sure thing, here it is! For the clip, I used the chorus block for the width, but I just played it again and used the Enhancer block which I like more. I still have the Chorus block in there, but it's bypassed, so you can try the Chorus or the Enhancer to see which one you like better. This is a stereo patch, so make sure you're set up for stereo for the full effect. If you're going mono, just bypass the Enhancer and you should be good to go.
Hi Justin ;
so cool and nice as usual .....
thnks very much .
fafa

A quick test of the YA HWAT 412 FN50 Mix01

Preset attached.
Cabs
User 1 #885: YA HWAT 412 FN50 Mix01
User 1 #920: YA HWAT 412 FN50 58-CNE

Manuel ,
If it s a Quick test , i don t know whet it would be if you ll take time ,
Sounds awsome ... gilmouresque tone ....
I ll try your preset with Justin Ir s
Tanks

Back
Top Bottom