IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I'm curious how the new Boogie cabs sound. Do these work with an AX8. I dig my floor unit. Here's a solo I did with the Boogie sound from my old AX8.

I love that guitar, and great playing! To answer your question, the new Boogie cabs sound excellent and will work with your AX8. You’ll have to let me know what you think of them if you decide to pick up any of those packs!

I'm excited about mixing things up a little bit. Just released is the York Audio HWAT 412 FN50 Lite Cab Pack based on a vintage Hiwatt SE4122 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Fane "Purple Label" 50 watt speakers from 1977. This is the first pack in my new "Lite" series, which gives you the same quality you've come to expect from York Audio, but at a lower price point. I chose my top 7 most popular microphones for this shoot and wanted to test the waters to see what you all think about certain Cab Packs in this format.

This Cab Pack is just $9.99 and includes 78 single mic captures and 16 multi-mic Mixes for a total of 94 IRs.

Here's a clip starting with a Gilmour-ish tone using the Mix NUMB IR followed by a gritty rhythm tone using a JCM 800 model through Mix 03. I hope you like it!

Please visit www.yorkaudio.co for more information!

Love the LITE idea!! and I see no problem with certain cabs being more refined in mic quantity ;)

One question...Will the cabs featured in the LITE series eventually become "complete/pro/extended/full/whatever"?
Just asking in case I buy this one and then have to buy the exact same cab months from now but released with more mics/mixes xD

Didnt care much for the gilmour tone but the second part of the clip sounds really great to my ears

Last edited:
Love the LITE idea!! and I see no problem with certain cabs being more refined in mic quantity ;)

One question...Will the cabs featured in the LITE series eventually become "complete/pro/extended/full/whatever"?
Just asking in case I buy this one and then have to buy the exact same cab months from now but released with more mics/mixes xD

Didnt care much for the gilmour tone but the second part of the clip sounds really great to my ears
Excellent question, and the answer is that these “Lite” packs will be their own thing and the cabs will not see any kind of “full version.” Now, if I get an absurd amount of requests for a full version, I would do a completely new capture session without doing any copy/pasting from the Lite version and probably do it on a different speaker so there isn’t any overlap, but I have a ton of cabs I still need to capture, so anything like that would be waaaaaaay down the line.

As far as the Gilmour tone goes, it’s not for everyone, but I can’t think the word “Fane” without getting requests for his sound so I wanted to make sure those players knew that the tone was in this pack. I’m with you though on the rhythm tone. This cab is so much fun to play with Marshalls and it’s cool to have a cab with a completely new personality that doesn’t sound like any Celestion. My fingers hurt because I haven’t played this much in a long time.

Thanks for the answer!! Stuff like this is what makes me always recommend your products whenever someone asks for quality IRs

You dont know how much I appreciate (and I´m sure many others do the same) how active you are on forums and how willing you are to answer questions, recommend stuff, share presets, etc.
That without even mentioning that you have actually spent money buying stuff (fredman clip and hesu demon) just because I dared mention them to you on a whim XD

I'm excited about mixing things up a little bit. Just released is the York Audio HWAT 412 FN50 Lite Cab Pack based on a vintage Hiwatt SE4122 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Fane "Purple Label" 50 watt speakers from 1977. This is the first pack in my new "Lite" series, which gives you the same quality you've come to expect from York Audio, but at a lower price point. I chose my top 7 most popular microphones for this shoot and wanted to test the waters to see what you all think about certain Cab Packs in this format.

This Cab Pack is just $9.99 and includes 78 single mic captures and 16 multi-mic Mixes for a total of 94 IRs.

Here's a clip starting with a Gilmour-ish tone using the Mix NUMB IR followed by a gritty rhythm tone using a JCM 800 model through Mix 03. I hope you like it!

I love how a Lite pack still includes a generous amount of mixes.

Thank you for listening to our crazy requests! We've been waiting for something like this for a long time :)

" Voiced on the darker side" ... and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Last edited:

I love the concept! Even more reason to purchase. High Quality, wide variety Lite IRs at amazing prices. Sold. This will further distinguish York Audio from the competition. You have my continued support!

Any hints of some "coming soon" Lite packs to look out for?

Thanks,
Gary

Thanks for the answer!! Stuff like this is what makes me always recommend your products whenever someone asks for quality IRs

You dont know how much I appreciate (and I´m sure many others do the same) how active you are on forums and how willing you are to answer questions, recommend stuff, share presets, etc.
That without even mentioning that you have actually spent money buying stuff (fredman clip and hesu demon) just because I dared mention them to you on a whim XD
Thanks for the kind words. One thing we all have in common is our love for cool gear. It’s fun to hang out here and talk about the things we’re curious and excited about, and you all constantly give me cool recommendations and ideas to play with. I’m just thankful for your support because it means I’m able to acquire the gear you guys are wanting. Hopefully you’re digging the Fredman mixes. :)

As someone who requested Fanes, I thank you. Purchased.
Thank you for grabbing the pack. I’m curious to hear what you think about it.

I love how a Lite pack still includes a generous amount of mixes.
I’m definitely packing these with a healthy amount of mixes. A lot can be achieved with those seven mics, and I still wanted to give you guys a ton of value and tonal options. These packs may have a lower file count, but they’re filled with the good stuff.

I love the concept! Even more reason to purchase. High Quality, wide variety Lite IRs at amazing prices. Sold. This will further distinguish York Audio from the competition. You have my continued support!

Any hints of some "coming soon" Lite packs to look out for?

Thanks,
Gary
Thanks Gary. A couple packs that come to mind would be a VHT Pitbull 4x12 with Eminence P-50-E speakers and a Supro Black Magick 1x12 with their own custom speaker. But also I’d like to do some cabs with unique speaker options like a Mesa 4x12 with their custom made Eminence Fillmore speakers or a 2x12 with WGS options. The idea is to represent some of the lesser known/lesser requested options at a very affordable price while still producing full production cabs with a broader appeal.

Staple cabs like a Marshall with 1980 G12-65 or 1987 original spec V30s would get the full treatment since I get a lot of requests for those cabs, but something like a Supro wouldn’t need 14 mics to get a great experience out of that cab.

I'm struggling a bit: I bought the Hiwatt pack, downloaded them, and used the "Manage Cabs" tool to add all of the mixes and some of the minimum phase captures to my User1 bank.

Going through them, they all sound identical. Something's gone wrong, but I'm not sure what. I restarted the AxeFX, and did the "refresh after update" item in AxeEdit. Still the same effect: 40+ cab slots that sound identical to one another. If I just change the cabinet bank to Factory 1 or 2 but keep the slot #, there is DEFINITELY a change in tone, just as you'd expect.

I'm struggling a bit: I bought the Hiwatt pack, downloaded them, and used the "Manage Cabs" tool to add all of the mixes and some of the minimum phase captures to my User1 bank.

Going through them, they all sound identical. Something's gone wrong, but I'm not sure what. I restarted the AxeFX, and did the "refresh after update" item in AxeEdit. Still the same effect: 40+ cab slots that sound identical to one another. If I just change the cabinet bank to Factory 1 or 2 but keep the slot #, there is DEFINITELY a change in tone, just as you'd expect.
Very interesting. I just used Manage Cabs to freshly import the Mixes and MPT Singles into my Axe-Fx III and they're definitely not identical (and the Cab Lab IR window also confirms this), so I'm wondering if you had an issue importing them. Maybe try deleting them from your unit and load them again to see if that fixes it for you. This cab has a lot of low end, so the lows will be pretty consistent between Mix files, but you'll hear the biggest change in the midrange and top end. Be sure to set your cab block's high cut off at 20k.

I just used a looper and scrolled through all of the Mixes with the same amp settings. Does this sound different than what you're experiencing?

OK, I downloaded the file again, deleted all the slots, put the same ones back again, and all seems to be in order now. Not sure what happened before.

Great IR's! They aren't TOO dark, but dark in a good way to tame some amps that have a lot of high end. Eager to start trying these with some plexis!

OK, I downloaded the file again, deleted all the slots, put the same ones back again, and all seems to be in order now. Not sure what happened before.

Great IR's! They aren't TOO dark, but dark in a good way to tame some amps that have a lot of high end. Eager to start trying these with some plexis!
I’m so glad to hear you’re up and running again. And yeah, the Fanes are darker speakers, but I really like their character. I always play real amps through my cabs when I first get them and immediately noticed that I needed to raise the treble/presence and lower the bass compared to Celestion loaded cabs. Celestions typically have a lot of top end bite to them (which is great), and it makes you set your amps a certain way. The Fanes are way smoother in the top end (which is also great), and that makes you set your amp in a completely different way.

The cab is great with Marshalls, but I also liked it with the ‘65 Bassman and AC30 models.

I will say this, though: either my ears are still hurting from this morning's test, or there really IS a lot less variance between these samples and other ones. E.g. between a '57 mic and the 121, I'd expect to hear much more difference than I do. It almost feels like different IRs of the mics were applied to one baseline IR of the speaker.

Is the Fane just that much less susceptible to different mics and placements?

Back
Top Bottom