IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I need to try it in a 2x12. I only got to listen to it for a short bit through a Mesa Recto 1x12 and like you mentioned, it’s a tight speaker. I have a few speakers I want to try pairing with it and think it could be really cool.

My next pack doesn’t have Celestions, and it’s been fun playing something unique. I just wish there were more hours in a day because I’ve been on a cab and speaker buying rampage lately and have a ton of stuff I want to shoot.
Any hints on what not-Celestions you’re shooting? WGS? Eminence? Electrovoice?

I need to try it in a 2x12. I only got to listen to it for a short bit through a Mesa Recto 1x12 and like you mentioned, it’s a tight speaker. I have a few speakers I want to try pairing with it and think it could be really cool.

Awesome!! I trust your ears and know that you will deliver something that sounds amazing :)

Like I mentioned before the best sound I heard of that speaker was in a MESA OS 4x12 cab that helped "fill/enhance" the low end to make it more balanced

I have a Weber on the way, but I don’t know if it’ll make it’s way into this pack.

Other speaker companies exist?
Crazy, right? I’ve been waiting a long time to find one of these cabs. It’s cool to experience something completely different than anything else I have.

Awesome!! I trust your ears and know that you will deliver something that sounds amazing :)

Like I mentioned before the best sound I heard of that speaker was in a MESA OS 4x12 cab that helped "fill/enhance" the low end to make it more balanced
Thanks man, I think it’ll be a really cool speaker with the right pairing and cab. I’m thinking the Orange 2x12, Zilla Fatboy, or Mesa 2x12 will be a nice home for it. I want to try it with a Redback, WGS Retro 30, or a Creamback M65.

I have a Weber on the way, but I don’t know if it’ll make it’s way into this pack.
Which one? They make a bunch of good ones. I need to shoot my custom 2x10 Weber X-Cab with AlNiCo 10V speakers. Fantastic sounding cab! Their California is a good take on the old Fender/JBL speakers. Their Blue Dog is, IMHO, better than the Celestion Blue. I have a P12NT that kills for the Tweed Twin thing with a bit more bite.

Crazy, right? I’ve been waiting a long time to find one of these cabs. It’s cool to experience something completely different than anything else I have.

Thanks man, I think it’ll be a really cool speaker with the right pairing and cab. I’m thinking the Orange 2x12, Zilla Fatboy, or Mesa 2x12 will be a nice home for it. I want to try it with a Redback, WGS Retro 30, or a Creamback M65.

A Redback would be an interesting pairing!

I can't pick 3. I love every pack I have from York as they are all different. The magic of Justin's work! 👍

But since you like metal/rock, you can't go wrong with the Bogna, FDMN or MES packs. I think you can spread the tone variety around with either of those. You get a bonus in the FDMN pack since you get a blend or individual option of the V30 and M25 (still crossing my fingers for a V30/T75 blend option on an updated Bogna pack!)
Which ir pack would work really well with the 6160/5150?

Which ir pack would work really well with the 6160/5150?

The M20 and M25 packs (similar speakers to that in the actual cab - G12-M20) work well with a 5150 or high gain amp. I have an original PVY 5150 amp and those packs are great. But to be honest, the Bogna and FDMN cabs also work extremely well too. I love the bite in the Bogna especially the 57+160 mix. Think of the packs as different EQ curves. The mic position/type & cabinet play just as much a role as the speaker itself. Justin has great descriptions on the site for each pack as well to help. Enjoy!

The M20 and M25 packs (similar speakers to that in the actual cab - G12-M20) work well with a 5150 or high gain amp. I have an original PVY 5150 amp and those packs are great. But to be honest, the Bogna and FDMN cabs also work extremely well too. I love the bite in the Bogna especially the 57+160 mix. Think of the packs as different EQ curves. The mic position/type & cabinet play just as much a role as the speaker itself. Justin has great descriptions on the site for each pack as well to help. Enjoy!
I just got the fdmn pack and it sounds a mazing with 6160..which ir in that pack do u like. Hows bogna

York audio users, bogner, mesa 412, mesa trad, zilla and fman .. which pack and which ir would yield the best clean/blues sound and best for progressive metal .. keep in mind i am using a 6160/5150 amps. Thanks

York audio users, bogner, mesa 412, mesa trad, zilla and fman .. which pack and which ir would yield the best clean/blues sound and best for progressive metal .. keep in mind i am using a 6160/5150 amps. Thanks
Do you already have these packs ? Load up mix 01 of each and see what you like.
Your guitar, your hands, your monitoring, your context (live band vs solo vs recording) will all make a difference.

They are all good, but I think this is going to come to personal preference.

If you don't have the packs, zila + fman + mesa 212 ($1!) Will get you started with 7 different 'mix 01' files for not much coin.

Once you've picked a cab+speaker, try they other mixes.

I'm curious how the new Boogie cabs sound. Do these work with an AX8. I dig my floor unit. Here's a solo I did with the Boogie sound from my old AX8.

The 5150 progressive/modern metal sound is definitely not a G12M-25/20 speaker, I'd steer you heavily towards a Mesa 4x12 Oversized cab for that sound. The 5150 + Mesa Oversized combo is a tried and tested classic that's behind some of the genre's most iconic tones. The Friedman 4x12 would be a second option, which would also crossover into bluesy territory since it also has the G12M-25s in there.

Back
Top Bottom