IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Curious Justin, are you leaving your cab packs at 14.99?
I don’t know how much longer I’ll keep them at $14.99. They’re definitely not going to stay that cheap forever, but I’ve been so busy working on these that I’ve forgotten to take off the Covid sale pricing. It’s ok though. I’m glad people are snagging them for cheap while they can.

After working on this cab for months, I'm so happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio FDMN 412 M25-V30 Cab Pack based on a Friedman Vintage 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12M Greenback and Vintage 30 speakers! It took a long time to loosen up the cab, but after three capture sessions it finally had that Friedman soul I was hoping to get out of it. Both the Greenback and the V30 got the full Cab Pack treatment with 12 mics, multi-mic mixes, and speaker blend mixes, so it was twice the work to essentially include two full Cab Packs for the price of one. The results are fantastic though with Friedman's signature midrange and a cab unlike anything I've done before.

One of the most famous tones requested for this cab is the fabled Phil X tone from his Tone Merchants video. This is the Axe-Fx III with the BE V2 model with Phil's amp settings he used for the video going through the YA FDMN 412 M25 Mix PX IR. I'm far from having Phil's skills, but I think the tone is right on the money. Enjoy!

You can check out www.yorkaudio.co to learn more about the mics used in this Cab Pack, file count, and other helpful information. As always, thank you for your support and playing a vital role in allowing me to continue making these tone tools.

-Justin

Yes, YEs, YES! What a way to end my Tuesday! Been waiting for this for a while and Justin, you came through in a big way man! Just bought it and sat down for 5 quick min after my kids went to sleep and Whoah! This is my new favorite pack that represents a blend I have been manually achieving with the Bogna and M20/M25 York packs - now this FDMN pack appears to have even more punch! I went right to the BLND mix folder and starting jamming - honestly could not find anything that I didn't jive with. It's like the whole bowl of Halloween candy that you already sorted out the same night and only kept the good stuff!

I think is going to be one of your best sellers.

Again, what a way to end my Tue and run into Wed - my Fractal FM3 will be arriving tomorrow! On wait list for over a year. Got some great new stuff for some weekend inspiration! lol At least some good news to dampen the gloom in 2020.

Thanks for all the hard work put into this one...and taking some input from everyone on some new cab selections...👍

Gary

Yes, YEs, YES! What a way to end my Tuesday! Been waiting for this for a while and Justin, you came through in a big way man! Just bought it and sat down for 5 quick min after my kids went to sleep and Whoah! This is my new favorite pack that represents a blend I have been manually achieving with the Bogna and M20/M25 York packs - now this FDMN pack appears to have even more punch! I went right to the BLND mix folder and starting jamming - honestly could not find anything that I didn't jive with. It's like the whole bowl of Halloween candy that you already sorted out the same night and only kept the good stuff!

I think is going to be one of your best sellers.

Again, what a way to end my Tue and run into Wed - my Fractal FM3 will be arriving tomorrow! On wait list for over a year. Got some great new stuff for some weekend inspiration! lol At least some good news to dampen the gloom in 2020.

Thanks for all the hard work put into this one...and taking some input from everyone on some new cab selections...👍

Gary
I'm so glad you're liking it! Man, that thing took me forever to make, so I really appreciate your kind words and taking the time to share your experience on here. You made my day!

Hey Justin @York Audio, this new pack has a lot more single mic captures than I'm used to.
How do the 1, 2, 3 differ to CapEdge, Cone Edge etc.

View attachment 71581

Thanks,
Hi Callan, you can check out the manual for more information on them, but the basic gist is that numbers 1-5 are different sweet spots I found on the speaker, so they aren't necessarily brighter or darker... they just have a different tonality to them. The Cap Edge (CE) shots are the brightest captures with normal mic'ing techniques, and the Center (CNT) is right in the middle of the dust cap if you want to blend in more top end cut into a mix. Some users have requested some darker captures as well, so Cone (CN) captures will give a more balanced darker tone and Cone Edge (CNE) will give you the darkest capture of that mic. I also started making Fredman mixes and included the shots (FCN is Fredman Center and FOA is Fredman Off-Axis) used for those mixes in case anyone liked the single mic versions or wanted to play with a little more or less of one of the mics for their own mixes.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything else for you.

Sounds awesome. Well done @York Audio. I've just downloaded your preset and loaded the PX (love the name) IR and haven't stopped playing :)
That's what I like to hear!

Justin - I picked up the new pack last night. Have only tried one IR so far, but that's all I probably need ;). Pulled up the PX IR and played for an hour. It really has some low- and mid- punch that sounds great!

FDMN pack sounds great! Really digging on the 57v shots. for some reason the 57v CE shots are really doing it for me.

Last edited:
FDMN pack sounds great! Really digging on the 57v shots. for some reason the 57v CE shots are really doing it for me.
I’m a big fan of the 57v. That was my dad’s 57 he had before I was even born, so it’s cool to carry on that mic’s history. I’m so glad you’re liking it too.

Here’s what I’m running of the FDMN pack:
M25 160-2 + V30 R121-04 @ -1.6 + V30 Room @ -18.05

I dig it.
Whoa! A two ribbon mic mix! I wouldn’t have thought of that, but the 160 plays like a dynamic, so I bet that’s a great combination. I’m gonna check that one out tomorrow. What amp model are you using with it?

I’m a big fan of the 57v. That was my dad’s 57 he had before I was even born, so it’s cool to carry on that mic’s history. I’m so glad you’re liking it too.

Whoa! A two ribbon mic mix! I wouldn’t have thought of that, but the 160 plays like a dynamic, so I bet that’s a great combination. I’m gonna check that one out tomorrow. What amp model are you using with it?

It’s a good mix, for what I’m doing (ie just jamming through headphone). I’m using 6160 Block, HBE 2018 C45, and USA Lead (with all the fixings) in rotation.

Back
Top Bottom