IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
My favourite higher gain amp right now is the Bogner Euro Blue with the York Audio Bogner IR cab pack, using Mix 10

Add chorus and lots of delay and it's instant 80's poodle rock.
I’ve been digging that pack lately too. Bogna Mix 1 (-4.75dB) + Mix 11, for me. Then throw on the 5150 Block or Skull Crusher and it’s a party.

Something seems to be up with your website, @York Audio. I was trying to buy something, and I keep getting stuck after pressing "Checkout" in the cart. I've tried this a few times with a few browsers, and on the off chance it does bring me to another page, that page just says "OK."

Edit: PayPal works though.

Last edited:
Something seems to be up with your website, @York Audio. I was trying to buy something, and I keep getting stuck after pressing "Checkout" in the cart. I've tried this a few times with a few browsers, and on the off chance it does bring me to another page, that page just says "OK."

Edit: PayPal works though.
Thanks for telling me. I got it to work by refreshing the page, but I'm going to contact support just in case. I'm glad it ended up working for you!

Thanks for telling me. I got it to work by refreshing the page, but I'm going to contact support just in case. I'm glad it ended up working for you!
Yeah, I did get an error warning that said something to the effect of "refresh the page," but then it just continued to spin after that.

Yeah, I did get an error warning that said something to the effect of "refresh the page," but then it just continued to spin after that.
I just got off the phone with support. They said several sites are having that issue, so they're working on it. If you get the gray screen, you have to refresh the page and then it will go through. I know you already got the MRSH T75 (and I can't wait to hear what you think about it), but thank you for letting me know. I'm just glad it ended up working for you! :)

I just got off the phone with support. They said several sites are having that issue, so they're working on it. If you get the gray screen, you have to refresh the page and then it will go through. I know you already got the MRSH T75 (and I can't wait to hear what you think about it), but thank you for letting me know. I'm just glad it ended up working for you! :)
Yeah, I got a blank page when I bought it yesterday, refreshed, no change. Checked my orders to make sure it hadn't gone through, then started over, and it worked the second time.

Just bought the 4x12 Marshall G12M25 pack. Sounds great a usual, I'll be trying the GT75 set next week
I’m so happy that you’re liking the MRSH M25 Pack! That’s easily in my top 3 favorite cab packs. I think you’ll like the T75 as well. It’s a completely different sound, but it really captures the character of that speaker and it’s nice to tonally change things up a bit from time to time. You’ll have to let me know what you think of that one too if you end up grabbing it. :)

I’m so happy that you’re liking the MRSH M25 Pack! That’s easily in my top 3 favorite cab packs. I think you’ll like the T75 as well. It’s a completely different sound, but it really captures the character of that speaker and it’s nice to tonally change things up a bit from time to time. You’ll have to let me know what you think of that one too if you end up grabbing it. :)
Will do. What year is the GT75? The modern ones are scooped I think, which I don't like

I have a Friedman 4x12 in the hot seat as we speak. :) It's gonna be killer! If you like the 414, try the E22. The 414 was a fizz machine on that cab and I didn't care for it at all. The E22 was more usable and felt more vibrant with less fizz, so I chose that one instead. Jim Adkins sent me that one and said they've used it on a bunch of Jimmy Eat World records, and I can see why. It has all of the good stuff you want from a condenser without the stuff you don't. There were several mics that didn't make the cut for the T75 cab, but trust me, there's a reason why they were omitted, so you're not missing out on anything.

I am going to try the E22 this weekend in some mixes. Thanks for the advice!

How's it going with the Friedman cab? Can't wait! 👍

Thanks,
Gary

I am going to try the E22 this weekend in some mixes. Thanks for the advice!

How's it going with the Friedman cab? Can't wait! 👍

Thanks,
Gary
It’s coming along great! Since it’s two cab packs in one, it’s just taking a little longer. I want it to be great rather than releasing it too soon. Mark Holcomb sent me a clip he made with one of the V30 mixes and it sounded massive! I’m excited about it and working on it with every spare moment I have. My daughter started virtual school, so it’s been challenging balancing that with my work, but we’re getting closer each day. :)

It’s coming along great! Since it’s two cab packs in one, it’s just taking a little longer. I want it to be great rather than releasing it too soon. Mark Holcomb sent me a clip he made with one of the V30 mixes and it sounded massive! I’m excited about it and working on it with every spare moment I have. My daughter started virtual school, so it’s been challenging balancing that with my work, but we’re getting closer each day. :)

Nice, looking forward to this! The Periphery guys know their modern tones really well. Would be awesome if you got these in the hands of some players outside that space as well.

After working on this cab for months, I'm so happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio FDMN 412 M25-V30 Cab Pack based on a Friedman Vintage 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12M Greenback and Vintage 30 speakers! It took a long time to loosen up the cab, but after three capture sessions it finally had that Friedman soul I was hoping to get out of it. Both the Greenback and the V30 got the full Cab Pack treatment with 12 mics, multi-mic mixes, and speaker blend mixes, so it was twice the work to essentially include two full Cab Packs for the price of one. The results are fantastic though with Friedman's signature midrange and a cab unlike anything I've done before.

One of the most famous tones requested for this cab is the fabled Phil X tone from his Tone Merchants video. This is the Axe-Fx III with the BE V2 model with Phil's amp settings he used for the video going through the YA FDMN 412 M25 Mix PX IR. I'm far from having Phil's skills, but I think the tone is right on the money. Enjoy!

You can check out www.yorkaudio.co to learn more about the mics used in this Cab Pack, file count, and other helpful information. As always, thank you for your support and playing a vital role in allowing me to continue making these tone tools.

-Justin

That’s amazing Justin
Gonna buy it now!!
Can you kindly share the updates preset or is it the same
Just loading a new IR?
Cheers
Here's the preset I used (FW 13.01). It's a stereo patch, so you'll hear the delay just on the right side like it is in the video.

Just throw in YA FDMN 412 M25 Mix PX for the User Cab and that's it. I hope you like it!

Attachments

• YA Phil X - FDMN 412 M25 Mix PX.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
Sometime after breakfast I will load these up, thanks Justin.
Any stand out mixes to try with any specific amps?

Sometime after breakfast I will load these up, thanks Justin.
Any stand out mixes to try with any specific amps?
Thanks for picking it up! I used about 14 amps (models and real amps) while making the mixes, so they’re designed to work with different tastes, styles, and settings, so there’s something for everyone. Most of the mixes are pretty balanced, but I also made some on the darker side for people who like to use boosted amps with brighter settings through darker IRs. Hopefully you’ll find a bunch of mixes that feel good to you.

I really liked the SLO, JCM 800, and 5153 Blue models through it. The Friedman models sound great, but you have to turn the depth down to around 2-3 or else it gets too muddy, but that’s kind of the vibe of Friedman amps anyway. Just make sure you set your impedance curve to 4x12 Friedman if you mess with different amp models. Enjoy your breakfast, and I hope you have fun with these.

Back
Top Bottom