IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I'm out of town at the moment, but I might be able to try once I get back. It sounds like a fairly basic Plexi to me. I would try the MRSH M25 and see if one of the U47 captures get you close. This is a total shot in the dark, but I'd start with a Jumped Plexi, with the Treble Volume around 3-4, Normal volume around 1.5-2. See how U47-1 feels with the EQ knobs at noon and tweak from there. With Marshalls, I tend to tweak Presence first, Middle second, Treble third, and Bass last. Or just try the Jimmy Page Plexi settings from the preset I made for you and see if you like any U47 captures with it. Maybe add in a touch of M25 Room 2 and see where that takes you.

Thanks Justin, I gave it a go yesterday and attempted with the shoots you recommended. I did not get quite there but to be honest I am terrible with parameters so I would wait for you to have time - there is no rush at all!!
Cheers and well done again for making these amazing IRs

This sounds fantastic! Would you mind sharing the preset? And thank you for your support and seeing the value of my work. I put a lot of effort and care into making these, so it means a lot when the hard work is noticed and appreciated. Sincerely though, excellent tone!
Thank you! I went ahead and exported my favorite presets using your cabs so far. Hope the attachment works! These are definitely sounds that you have to tweak to fit the guitar you're using. That's one of the things I've noticed since I switched over to YA cabs exclusively--it's way, way closer to actually dialing in an amp in real life where it's not 'one size fits all'. There's an EQ at the very start of most, if not all of my presets to help the guitar hit the front end of the chain a little friendlier

So curious to see what everyone else comes up with using these cabs since I tend to lean towards the lower/mid-gain side of things

Attachments

• YA Presets.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 46
Oh it’s fine no matter what speaker comes in it. I don’t use the “head” portion of combo amps anyway for shooting IRs, so the amp’s ohm rating doesn’t matter. As long as the cab itself sounds good, the IRs will translate. :)

Hey Justin ..... did you ever happen to find anyone with a Morgan 1x12 local to you? Not sure if you know Rhett Shull or not(and I know he's over in Atlanta most of the time) but he has one already loaded with a Gold if you happen to ever work with him at all?

I'm excited to announce the newest Cab Pack from York Audio... the MRSH 412 T75 based on a vintage Marshall 1960A 4x12 loaded with the original Celestion G12T-75 speakers from 1990. This thing is fantastic for 80's metal, 90's grunge, shred, and well... anything rock that demands the classic T75 tone.

Here's a clip of Leon shredding some Yngwie using the "Mix YJM" IR.

And here's my clip with an 80's metal vibe and showcasing my need to practice faster downstrokes more often and using the "Mix 16" IR.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more information, and feel free to ask questions here or comment on my terrible playing. :)

hey @York Audio may I ask you for your honest opinion/review of the fredman technique after testing/using the mic clip?
Do you feel it adds something "new" to the sonic palette at all that you couldnt get thru other "normal" mic techniques?
Do you think its useful for non rock/metal guitar tones?

(I hope one day you add it to the Mesa V30 cabs you have done in the past for us metal people xD)

This is amazing...while I was looking at the G12-T75 pack- which is my favorite Celestion I noticed the new P10Q Pack- my favorite 10" speaker!!! P10Qs were in some Matchless cabs and also found in some (much more affordable) Mesa cabs. I can't wait to get these loaded up!

hey @York Audio may I ask you for your honest opinion/review of the fredman technique after testing/using the mic clip?
Do you feel it adds something "new" to the sonic palette at all that you couldnt get thru other "normal" mic techniques?
Do you think its useful for non rock/metal guitar tones?

(I hope one day you add it to the Mesa V30 cabs you have done in the past for us metal people xD)
I do think the Fredman clip is unique, and it’s great to try new things. Every 57 sounds different, so I’ve been trying different combinations of my 57s to find the best pairing, which I think will vary from cab to cab. There are a few more things I want to experiment with and hone in on, but I think the Fredman clip is going to be a great new addition. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone would like the preset I used in the Yngwish clip, pop the YJM mix in here.
Seriously man, that clip was awesome and thanks for sharing the preset! You’re a legend! So is it cheating to add a ton of delays and reverb to make it seem like I could actually play that fast?

This is amazing...while I was looking at the G12-T75 pack- which is my favorite Celestion I noticed the new P10Q Pack- my favorite 10" speaker!!! P10Qs were in some Matchless cabs and also found in some (much more affordable) Mesa cabs. I can't wait to get these loaded up!
Well that’s awesome! I hope you like them! Both of those cabs have a lot of character, so it’s great when you want something a little outside of the norm. I’m liking the T75 more and more as I play it. Your ears have to get used to the fact that it’s COMPLETELY different from a V30 or a Greenback, but once you settle into it, it’s extremely satisfying. That cab was a big surprise to me.

YA, can’t wait for the Friedman cab pack ....can you drop it into your AWESOME PHILX PATCH ;)
or tell is the best ir to load to get to the clip we saw of Phil X at ToneMerchants.
Sure thing. I just have to see which Greenback is closer to the sound of the one he used in that video and then get the mic placement right. It’ll be fun. He’s done all of the hard work by showing his amp settings.

A no brainer purchase! Done! What a surprise. Been waiting for a loaded T75 from ya and you've come through! Much thanks, sounds fantastic! Blends well with the Bogna pack for a V30+T75 combo.

Captures sonically sound great. 👍

Gary

Last edited:
This is spot on! I have to say I have the feeling that (in the nicest way), the IR makers are kind of at war at the moment - each one is producing such amazing product and pushing all the others on.

I ran a T75 based rig back in the day, this is spot on - thank you

I'm excited to announce the newest Cab Pack from York Audio... the MRSH 412 T75 based on a vintage Marshall 1960A 4x12 loaded with the original Celestion G12T-75 speakers from 1990. This thing is fantastic for 80's metal, 90's grunge, shred, and well... anything rock that demands the classic T75 tone.

Here's a clip of Leon shredding some Yngwie using the "Mix YJM" IR.

And here's my clip with an 80's metal vibe and showcasing my need to practice faster downstrokes more often and using the "Mix 16" IR.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more information, and feel free to ask questions here or comment on my terrible playing. :)

Any chance you'll do this same cab loaded with V30's?
Would love to have the T75 and V30 shot from the same cab to combine.

Last edited:
A no brainer purchase! Done! What a surprise. Been waiting for a loaded T75 from ya and you've come through! Much thanks, sounds fantastic! Blends well with the Bogna pack for a V30+T75 combo.

Captures sonically sound great. 👍

Gary
Thank you so much! The T75 ended up being a really fun speaker to shoot. It’s drastically different from anything else I’ve shot, so it was great getting to know it better and I’m thrilled with how it turned out! Also, I couldn’t agree with you more on blending it with the Bogna pack. That’s a great V30/T75 combination!

This is spot on! I have to say I have the feeling that (in the nicest way), the IR makers are kind of at war at the moment - each one is producing such amazing product and pushing all the others on.

I ran a T75 based rig back in the day, this is spot on - thank you
The fact that the MRSH T75 felt familiar to you is the best thing you could have said to me. I feel like guys who love that cab/speaker definitely have things they want to hear from it, so thank you for the kind words!

Any chance you'll do this same cab loaded with V30's?
Would love to have the T75 and V30 shot from the same cab to combine.
After doing this pack, I’m fully open to doing a V30/T75 Pack. I just have to see which cab would be the right fit. At the moment, it’s a toss up between the Marshall 1960A and the Bogner Standard 4x12. I think either of those would make a great blended pack.

After doing this pack, I’m fully open to doing a V30/T75 Pack. I just have to see which cab would be the right fit. At the moment, it’s a toss up between the Marshall 1960A and the Bogner Standard 4x12. I think either of those would make a great blended pack.

Just take my money! I'd love a true V30/T75 Bogner capture in a Bogner STD 4x12. That's a done deal. I am blending it now with the Bogna pack but a true mix from the same cabinet is just icing on the cake. 👍

My other item on the York wishlist is a Friedman GB+V30 pair. Doing blends with the M20/M25 and the Bogna for that at the moment

I am just having so much fun right now with the T75 pack. I haven't found a mix (or blend) I haven't liked yet...miss the AKG 414 mic but that's ok...

Gary

Just take my money! I'd love a true V30/T75 Bogner capture in a Bogner STD 4x12. That's a done deal. I am blending it now with the Bogna pack but a true mix from the same cabinet is just icing on the cake. 👍

My other item on the York wishlist is a Friedman GB+V30 pair. Doing blends with the M20/M25 and the Bogna for that at the moment

I am just having so much fun right now with the T75 pack. I haven't found a mix (or blend) I haven't liked yet...miss the AKG 414 mic but that's ok...

Gary
I have a Friedman 4x12 in the hot seat as we speak. :) It's gonna be killer! If you like the 414, try the E22. The 414 was a fizz machine on that cab and I didn't care for it at all. The E22 was more usable and felt more vibrant with less fizz, so I chose that one instead. Jim Adkins sent me that one and said they've used it on a bunch of Jimmy Eat World records, and I can see why. It has all of the good stuff you want from a condenser without the stuff you don't. There were several mics that didn't make the cut for the T75 cab, but trust me, there's a reason why they were omitted, so you're not missing out on anything.

I have a Friedman 4x12 in the hot seat as we speak. :) It's gonna be killer! If you like the 414, try the E22. The 414 was a fizz machine on that cab and I didn't care for it at all. The E22 was more usable and felt more vibrant with less fizz, so I chose that one instead. Jim Adkins sent me that one and said they've used it on a bunch of Jimmy Eat World records, and I can see why. It has all of the good stuff you want from a condenser without the stuff you don't. There were several mics that didn't make the cut for the T75 cab, but trust me, there's a reason why they were omitted, so you're not missing out on anything.
Been really digging the H75 in your ZIlla pack - stick a 57 and a 160 on it, run the 160 up from off until the low end is there, but not obnoxious, and you're done. Might have to grab this T75 cab and see what all the buzz is about....

Haven't seen Jimmy Eat World since they opened for my old band at the Sail Inn in Tempe back in the '90s, just before they went big-time....

My favourite higher gain amp right now is the Bogner Euro Blue with the York Audio Bogner IR cab pack, using Mix 10

Add chorus and lots of delay and it's instant 80's poodle rock.

Back
Top Bottom