IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
@sluice You definitely need to try out the Bogna 412 with the SLO 100. That was one of the models I used for testing, and it sounds insane with 11.01.

Definitely checking this out tonight!
When I had my real SLO 100, I was a huge fan of Greenbacks, but not digging Greenies as much with the Axe-FX III.

Out of curiosity, which IRs did you personally prefer, may I ask?

When I had my real SLO 100, I was a huge fan of Greenbacks, but not digging Greenies as much with the Axe-FX III.

Try the Bogna 412 mixes with the SLO model and see what you like. I think Mix 01 is a great starting point with that model. If I remember correctly, I think I ran the SLO pretty much at default settings, but took the master volume down to 4.6 and set the gain enhancer to 1 and was really happy with my Les Paul. I’ll pull up the model and try it with my Greenback IR’s as well and give you some options.

Just gave the MRSH M20 a spin with the SLO and think you’ll dig the mixes. They all give the amp a different flavor, so choose the one with the voice you like. I also tried blending the MRSH M20 57-2 with the Bogna 57’s and got some really cool tones! Try the M20 57-2 with the Bogna 57-3. And when you use a Bogna IR, set the impedance curve to the 4x12 Euro. Since that curve was taken from the actual cab I used for the pack, it feels like a perfect fit.

Just gave the MRSH M20 a spin with the SLO and think you’ll dig the mixes. They all give the amp a different flavor, so choose the one with the voice you like. I also tried blending the MRSH M20 57-2 with the Bogna 57’s and got some really cool tones! Try the M20 57-2 with the Bogna 57-3. And when you use a Bogna IR, set the impedance curve to the 4x12 Euro. Since that curve was taken from the actual cab I used for the pack, it feels like a perfect fit.

Many thanks, now I have the get the MRSH M20 pack! Haha!

For the M20, you recommend the impedance curve to Basketweave or ...?

Many thanks, now I have the get the MRSH M20 pack! Haha!

For the M20, you recommend the impedance curve to Basketweave or ...?
No problem! Matt took the curve of my Marshall with 20w Greenbacks, but I don’t think it’s in the firmware as of now. So for that cab pack, I tend to use with the 4x12 Greenback curve or the 5153. I THINK the 5153 cab has the EVH signature speakers in it which are 20w Greenbacks, so try those options and see which one suits your amp better. The Greenbacks have a lot of natural sizzle to them, so you may like the high cut wide open or taking it down to around 12k.

Thats so cool man
And that the godzilla is the actual cab too
Imo its just the icing on the cake for the feel
One question ,you mentioned the new steeper filters in the cab block
What settings do you use on the heavier stuff

Thats so cool man
And that the godzilla is the actual cab too
Imo its just the icing on the cake for the feel
One question ,you mentioned the new steeper filters in the cab block
What settings do you use on the heavier stuff
I think it depends on your guitar, guitar tuning, amp choice, and IR... but I liked using the 18 and 24 dB/oct and cutting around 80 Hz. Play a chunky riff with the looper and dial the cut and slope where you like it. You may want the frequency higher or lower than 80 Hz, but that feels like a good starting point that still gives you some hefty lows while cutting the stuff you might not want.

@E-Sound I have a lot of plans for cool Marshall stuff in the works. Now it’s a matter of choosing which one to start with. A PR 25w Greenback cab could be the ticket for the first one. Just depends if I can find some good sounding PR greenies. I haven’t liked most of the ones I’ve heard so far, and just because something is old, doesn’t mean it’s great. When I find a great sounding option, I’m gonna nail that sucker.

@sluice You definitely need to try out the Bogna 412 with the SLO 100. That was one of the models I used for testing, and it sounds insane with 11.01.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I’ve heard some amazing sounding modern M25 Greenbacks, and some horrible sounding vintage ones. The actual sound is what matters most.

Looking forward to whatever comes! In the meantime, I’m gonna check out a couple of your other new cab packs. As a little holiday treat for myself;)

@York Audio, wow the combination of the M20 57-2 with the Bogna 57-3 is sublime!
Really Really digging it.. Instantantly one of my favorite combos.
I've set the Bogna level @ -12 dB.

Will play with it more, but very very happy already! :D

Update: Bognr V30Mix 01 might be even better for my Soldano need!
Again Wow Justin, you've nailed it!

Last edited:
@York Audio I would love to hear your recommendations on your other packs.
The mix you have suggest of the Bogner 412 is one my all time favorite IR file now with my Soldano preset.

Would love to hear any suggestions on the :
-Zila 212
-Mtch 212
-Mes 412

In regards to suggested amps models to use with, any tips (filter), which mixes were your favorite, anything you can shine on!

Simply put, help me spend on another 3 packs! hahaha

@York Audio I would love to hear your recommendations on your other packs.
The mix you have suggest of the Bogner 412 is one my all time favorite IR file now with my Soldano preset.

Would love to hear any suggestions on the :
-Zila 212
-Mtch 212
-Mes 412

In regards to suggested amps models to use with, any tips (filter), which mixes were your favorite, anything you can shine on!

Simply put, help me spend on another 3 packs! hahaha
So glad you're digging that Bogner Mix with the Soldano! I'm away from my unit for the next few days, but I'll see if I can remember some cool combinations off the top of my head. As a general rule of thumb, I always set the master high cut all the way up to 20k to get the full response of the actual mic. If I like the tone where my treble and presence knobs are but feel like it has too much air, I may take it down a little, but never below 12k. When playing for fun, I like the low cut off, but if I'm recording, I'll start around 80 and tweak from there to make sure it sits where it needs to.

-Zilla:
I really liked the PVH Block with this cab. If you're tuned reaaaally low, try setting the gain around 2.5 and put a Tube Screamer drive in front of the amp. Drive at 0, tone 5-6.5, and level at 5-6.5. The Friedman HBE 2018 normal and C45 modes are both really cool too. Use the C45 mode if you want a little more top end articulation, and the normal mode if you like it a tad darker. I always like using the Gain Enhancer around 1-1.5 depending on the amp. It's a great cab that works with pretty much any amp you throw at it. One of my djent friends really liked the BLND Mix 04 with the PVH Block for that aggressive attack. Use the 2x12 Godzilla impedance curve for this cab. The mixes are really diverse, so I'd scroll through those first and see what you like. Start with the BLND Mixes for the full-Zilla experience, and then check out the Creamback and V30 individual mixes. Lots of cool options there to suit different amps, guitars, and tunings.

-Matchless:
This one is a no-brainer. The D-30 models are fantastic with this one using the 2x12 Match Chief impedance curve. The BLND Mix 01 has been a very popular mix for that cab as well at BLND Mix 07. The M25 and H30 speakers are very different sounding, so those mixes are great if you want something brighter to use with humbuckers (H30) or something darker to work with single coils (M25). I also like this cab with the AC-20 and AC30 models.

-Mesa:
This one is a beast that loves high gain, but also cleans up nicely. The demo clip I made used the USA Mid Gain Bright model, but it's killer with any Mark Series model, Friedman, Recto, 5150 style,....basically anything. I like it with Plexi models too. I'd start with the Mixes in that one too. Mix 08 has been a favorite for the aggressive Petrucci vibe, Mix 02 is a favorite of Leon's, but try them all to see what fits with your guitar. For the djent vibe, let's just say a very heavy hitting player in that world told me he liked 57-3, 58-1, and the off-axis 1 & 2 versions of those mics for his personal use. He gave me a long list of his favorite mics in the pack for various reasons and said he loved how the different IR's "shape the riffing." It's true. the tone tends to change the way you play your guitar, so it's fun being inspired by new textures within the same cab.

There's no YA-Everything bundle, is there? Would be cool...

Indeed as all the packs I've tried so far are simply top notch and can't recommend them enough.
Justin really has an amazing ear for capturing IRs.

They are very worth it at single price.

I haven't dig super deep in all of them, but I've managed to find amazing tone from his Bogner, Mesa, G20M, Zila and Matchless Cab.
The Match mix 07 is now my go to IR for clean sounds. For dirty sounds it's much more complicated, currently fighting between a few of them.
Lol, it's a great struggle to have, though! 🤘

There's no YA-Everything bundle, is there? Would be cool...
Not at the moment. I'm still building my product offerings and have lots of new stuff in the works. I have some ideas for people who want to "buy in bulk," but for now, everything is still 25% off....at least it is for the next day or two, then the site launch/Christmas sale ends and packs go back to their regular pricing.

Indeed as all the packs I've tried so far are simply top notch and can't recommend them enough.
Justin really has an amazing ear for capturing IRs.

They are very worth it at single price.

I haven't dig super deep in all of them, but I've managed to find amazing tone from his Bogner, Mesa, G20M, Zila and Matchless Cab.
The Match mix 07 is now my go to IR for clean sounds. For dirty sounds it's much more complicated, currently fighting between a few of them.
Lol, it's a great struggle to have, though! 🤘
Thanks for the kind words, man. I'm itching to get back to my space to play some guitar now.

These have all been killer Justin - like alot of guys (by the sounds of it anyway) I started with just one or 2 of these and now I've got the full set. Looking forward to what drops next - and potential bulk buys / frequent buyers program!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom