IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
The only ones that are officially V2 are the MTCH 212 and the MES 412 OS, because those two officially replaced older cab packs with a Version 2. But as Justin was saying, it's really more of an iterative process where each pack is a learning experience and his process gets slightly more refined than the last. "The V2 Process" is really just "the updated process as it's shaped up around the v2 packs compared to the years old process the original versions used". For that reason, his more recent packs will be the ones using the more recent approach. This 5153, the ORNG, The FDMN, the T75 are all newer packs if my memory serves, plus the 2 V2 packs obviously.
You said it better than I did. Thank you. :)

The only ones that are officially V2 are the MTCH 212 and the MES 412 OS, because those two officially replaced older cab packs with a Version 2. But as Justin was saying, it's really more of an iterative process where each pack is a learning experience and his process gets slightly more refined than the last. "The V2 Process" is really just "the updated process as it's shaped up around the v2 packs compared to the years old process the original versions used". For that reason, his more recent packs will be the ones using the more recent approach. This 5153, the ORNG, The FDMN, the T75 are all newer packs if my memory serves, plus the 2 V2 packs obviously.
Perfect, thank you for the detailed explanation @IronSean . That’s helpful. Btw, your name here makes me think Iron John one of my favorite of the Grimms tales. 😁👍🏻

So the Friedman, orange and t75 were done with the V2 capture process? Thanks
It's not that simple. There was no magic line where a new process was invented and started. But those cabinet packs are newer so they'll be using more of the newer processes than the older packs.

Every pack made the process gets a little better than the last. Over the years it improved enough that a V2 version of a couple packs was released, but the process has been a gradual improvement. So those packs, being newer, are closer in process to the packs that were labelled as V2. But the process isn't V2, just those packs because they had an old version.

@York Audio going back to your amazing VOX pack and the BMAY mix, Brian uses nowadays a different flavor combining a GH12 and a blue
Is there any chance you e can recreate with your packs that combination, maybe combining the BMAY mix with any of your GH12 of your packs?
If you have a minute could you tweak the BMAY preset you did when released the Vox pack with a combination like the pic I am attaching to achieve the modern Brian tone?

Thanks so much as always bro

Rafa

Attachments

• 096677AD-2C09-4D32-B6FF-0627924D0F0C.jpeg
    096677AD-2C09-4D32-B6FF-0627924D0F0C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
@York Audio going back to your amazing VOX pack and the BMAY mix, Brian uses nowadays a different flavor combining a GH12 and a blue
Is there any chance you e can recreate with your packs that combination, maybe combining the BMAY mix with any of your GH12 of your packs?
If you have a minute could you tweak the BMAY preset you did when released the Vox pack with a combination like the pic I am attaching to achieve the modern Brian tone?

Thanks so much as always bro

Rafa
The Mix BMAY was made referencing his older recordings. I don’t have any references for this new setup, but maybe try blending in some MTCH V2 H30 421v-OA 3 and see if that gets you in the ballpark. :)

Did not work out @York Audio sounded quite out of the ballpack...
Here is a clip of Brian with gnat setup of combining green and blue

Algo a guy from the UK with 3 of these amps adding a TB

And here another one

Any chance to get closer?
Thanks

Did not work out @York Audio sounded quite out of the ballpack...
Here is a clip of Brian with gnat setup of combining green and blue

Algo a guy from the UK with 3 of these amps adding a TB

And here another one

Any chance to get closer?
Thanks

I would try to look up a picture of his mic’ed rig. See what mics he uses on which speakers and try those single mics in the VX30 and MTCH V2 packs. The Matchless cab has diffusion bars over the center of the speaker, which gives it that “Matchless” sound, so even the H30 from that pack will sound different than an AC30 with H30s that doesn’t have diffusion bars.

Listening to the 30 second clip on my phone sounds like his mic placement is more on-axis or brighter off-axis (OA 1 and 2). It’s hard to tell though since you can only really hear the tone in the last few seconds. I would set your amp the way he does and try some MTCH H30 shots and see if any of them have a similar character to what you’re looking for. Since you have a Brian May guitar, you’ll find the solution a lot faster than I would since I don’t have anything close to that guitar.

Or... use the Mix BMAY and try blending in some H30 single mic shots and see if that gets you a little closer to what you’re wanting. :)

Since about 1 week I'm using the AXE-FX 3 Mk2 (after years with the standard) and I never used IRs in the wave-format so that's new for me, no clue.
On the radar are the Ampeg 4x10, Marshall 4x12 Blackbacks - I love this speaker and have a Scumback Blackback in a Suhr 1x12 Enclosure (Badger 30) and maybe Bogna. The "weird" question for me is what to do loading them in the AXE User Cab slots because they are using the .syx format?
Please help me out

Since about 1 week I'm using the AXE-FX 3 Mk2 (after years with the standard) and I never used IRs in the wave-format so that's new for me, no clue.
On the radar are the Ampeg 4x10, Marshall 4x12 Blackbacks - I love this speaker and have a Scumback Blackback in a Suhr 1x12 Enclosure (Badger 30) and maybe Bogna. The "weird" question for me is what to do loading them in the AXE User Cab slots because they are using the .syx format?
Please help me out
Awe man, I hope you’re loving your new Axe III. That thing is amazing! You mentioned some really cool packs, and I have step by step instructions in the Cab Pack manuals that show you how to load .wav files into your unit with Axe-Edit. It’s really fast and easy. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Please help me out
If you open the manage cabs pane in AxeEdit you can open tbe panel on the left and drag the files in, and it will convert them.

Awe man, I hope you’re loving your new Axe III. That thing is amazing! You mentioned some really cool packs, and I have step by step instructions in the Cab Pack manuals that show you how to load .wav files into your unit with Axe-Edit. It’s really fast and easy. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thank you, oh yes after switching the fan which was very loud I love the Axe III especially with FM 16 beta4 (Cygnus :) ) it's a joy to use, it was pretty good before but with Cygnus the sounds are not so polished (hope this is the right word) they are more raw, more real amp which I like, there is some flair to it, at least for me. Not to forget Jaques from G66, he is a very nice man.

I just released the York Audio 5153 412 VH20 Cab Pack based on a 2006 EVH 5150 III 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Celestion G12EVH speakers. This thing is AWESOME!!! It has a big low end, woody midrange, and surprisingly smooth top end. It's actually great for both vintage Plexi tones and modern high gain chunky stuff. This cab has been requested a lot, and now I'm seeing why. I also got lucky and found an older one that had been played a lot. This cab is definitely staying in the room with me now.

Here's a little clip I made using the new Cygnus beta firmware with the PVH 6160 Block model and Mix 01 from the pack.

I hope you guys like it!

Is there a recommended factory impedance curve for these IRs?

I used a Friedman HBE stock settings with mix one of the 5153 cab and mix 1 of the black back pack this weekend. It was the ballsiest in your face Marshall type tone I’ve ever had in my Axe.

Back
Top Bottom