York Audio Greenback or Blackback?

stm113

Power User
For anyone who is well versed with both the York Audio packs mentioned above, what’s your fave and why?

York Packs I currently have:
Mesa OS 4x12
Mesa Traditional 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Orange 4x12 -kinda wish I didn’t get
5153 4x12
Friedman V30/Greenback 4x12- same as orange
Marshall 4x12 t75

I was thinking of picking up:
Marshal V30 4x12
Hiwatt 4x12
Marshall - either greenback or blackback

I usually go for 4x12 cabs, when I wanna be Voxy or Fendery I usually go with stock cabs.

I absolutely love the York Blackback pack. It has become my go to for most things. Even though it's an older (V1?) pack, it just sounds great with pretty much everything. I would so love a V2 version of this pack (Please!!). I grew up playing a late 70's marshall cab with Blackbacks in it so that is my home base.
All that being said, the York GB 25, Friedman 25/30, Mars GB 20 are all good packs as well. Truth be told, all of the York packs i've purchased have all been money well spent including the MV30.
I don't think you can go wrong with either the GB or BB pack.

I did end up with the Blackback and I have to say it’s quite the cab! Thanks for the recommendation.

I’m actually using it now on a project I’m working on that’s kinds “pre-thrash” heavy metal. It pairs nicely with the Engl Powerball model for this purpose. I went Engl because I didn’t want the upper mids of Marshall’s and didn’t want to go with boogie or 5150 style amps.

Back
Top Bottom