York Audio Checkmate M25 Cab Pack is out now!!!

Love the clips of this one great IR pack

One question is the ZIlla far behind?

Thank you! I’ve been getting some great messages about the Marshall pack and I’m really proud of it. Regarding the Zilla, it’s on my short list of things to do. I’ve been swamped with writing lately, but I’m going to dive back into IR production soon.

I just bought this pack and tried them out on my Axe FX 3. Wow! The most real sounding IR’s I’ve used to date. By that I mean what I normally hear from a cab. Not so brittle on the highs and musical. Easy to mix too.

I know all the IR vendors say theirs are the “most real”, and throw various reasons why, but to me these really sound like the real deal.
Very impressed. I hope York Audio do many more packs with other cabs. Bogners?

Quick little showcase of some of the tones you can pull with these IR's. All sounds are my JStrat with SSL 1's through the M25-1 57 2B and M25-2 57 2A IR's, Minimal EQ, the bass is 1 track of my SVT patch using the Ampeg 2x10 IR's from York Audio as well. Enjoy!

what amp are you using?sound pretty good.

I just bought this pack and tried them out on my Axe FX 3. Wow! The most real sounding IR’s I’ve used to date. By that I mean what I normally hear from a cab. Not so brittle on the highs and musical. Easy to mix too.

I know all the IR vendors say theirs are the “most real”, and throw various reasons why, but to me these really sound like the real deal.
Very impressed. I hope York Audio do many more packs with other cabs. Bogners?

Thank you so much for this review and sharing your thoughts here. It’s huge!

I’ve got a whole room in my house filled with amps and cabs, so there will definitely be more cab packs coming. However, I don’t have a Bogner (yet). I’ll keep my eye out for a good one.

I posted this in the Axe III FW 4.00 thread, and it got such a great response, I thought I'd share it here as well. It's the Plexi 2204 with a cab mix of M25-2 57 2B and M25-2 121 A2 mixed at -5 dB. There's no post EQ. Just a Marshall sounding like it should.

I posted this in the Axe III FW 4.00 thread, and it got such a great response, I thought I'd share it here as well. It's the Plexi 2204 with a cab mix of M25-2 57 2B and M25-2 121 A2 mixed at -5 dB. There's no post EQ. Just a Marshall sounding like it should.

sound pretty good!!plexi-2204?what amp is that in the axefx?

Love that sound. It’s got the “blaaat!” of a properly pissed-off Marshall, lovingly shaped by well-chosen IRs.

1987x jumped for most of it, the chuggy parts also had the ACB drive set to LED up front.

Oh yea the 1987x Jumpered is my favorite Marshall in the box; your clip sounds great and these IR's pair nicely with it...awesome.

Wow how did I miss this announcement of the IR pack??? I love the tones I'm hearing from the clips here. I grew up with Marshalls and Greenbacks and love how these IR sound "just like a Marshall should"....a killer snarl and a rude, cranky bark without a strident/screetchy high end....love it.

I'm definitely more of a Greenback guy vs a V30 and I'll be getting this IR pack shortly.

Great stuff...!!

Love that sound. It’s got the “blaaat!” of a properly pissed-off Marshall, lovingly shaped by well-chosen IRs.

Yes!!!! Indeed the combination works great...

Just bought the M25 cab pack and I'm blown away. I've paried them to my JCM800 and Plexi 2204 presets so far and I'm really struggling to find a bad IR! With pretty much all of my cab packs (and I have a lot) it seems to be crap, crap, ok, crap, crap, good, ok. With yours I'm totally experiencing good, good, good and good. The challenge is finding the ones that sound the best out of the good. A great problem to have. Keep up the good work with these and I will be looking to grab your other packs soon. FWIW, Leon Todd put me onto your IR's with his demo vids. He rarely leads us astray.

Just bought the M25 cab pack and I'm blown away. I've paried them to my JCM800 and Plexi 2204 presets so far and I'm really struggling to find a bad IR! With pretty much all of my cab packs (and I have a lot) it seems to be crap, crap, ok, crap, crap, good, ok. With yours I'm totally experiencing good, good, good and good. The challenge is finding the ones that sound the best out of the good. A great problem to have. Keep up the good work with these and I will be looking to grab your other packs soon. FWIW, Leon Todd put me onto your IR's with his demo vids. He rarely leads us astray.
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! It’s words like those that are my driving force to keep making these. And yeah, @2112 is the tone king and just an all around great human being. I love the sounds he gets with these things.

I caved and bought these. Excited to try them out. Still waiting on the order to complete though.

Jimmy Eat World was my favorite band for about a 10+ year stretch. Very cool to have that connection!

Greenbacks are my favorite speakers. I really like the Ownhammer GNR pack and the ML Legends, so interested to see how these compare. For Vox, the York pack is probably the most natural sounding of all I have (about a dozen different versions). Hoping the M25 is the same for 4x12's as that's what I use in patches probably 85% of the time.

Another short clip of the amazing Fremen 5 Scenes Presets. This is the 1987x Treble 5Sc preset. I tweaked a littel to my needs. I used scene 5 but lowered the gain about 10%. What a graet tone in the mix. I also swaped the IR and used from Justin York: YA 412 MRSH M25-2 57 1C + 160 G2. Is an ready mixed Producer Mix. Sounded perfect out of the box.

Except for acoustic, I've never bought an IR pack before, but after realizing I had over 50 Plexi and Marshall inspired presets on my FM3, I decided to get these, and I'm glad I did. I especially like pairing the R121 A1-2-3's with my favorite IR of all time, the Mad Oak Basketweave Fractal posted on Axe Change. I think there were only 2 out of the 50+ presets I mentioned that I left the same as they were.

Back
Top Bottom