York Audio "AC-212 Blue & Gold" Cab Pack is out now!!!

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I posted this in the Axe-III Cabs section as well, but wanted my Axe-II and AX8 friends to know that this is fully compatible with your units.

I’m proud to present the York Audio AC-212 Blue & Gold Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems.
You can grab it here!
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/cab-packs/york-audio/

This Pack is based on a 1994 “Korg™ era” AC-30/6 TB amplifier loaded with the original Alnico Blue as well as a Celestion™ Alnico Gold. The Blue has all of the mid-forward focus and chime Class-A enthusiasts demand, while the Gold has deeper lows, even midrange, and an airy top end for more contemporary boutique Class-A tones.

Hear it here in the context of a full band. All guitars and analog synths were tracked through the Axe-Fx using AC-212 IR’s. The bass was also tracked with the Axe-Fx using the York Audio SV-210 bass Cab Pack. Listen to how the guitars retain their clarity and cut through a dense mix.

Here’s what the Cab Pack includes:

Min Phase .syx and Raw .ir files for mixing in Cab Lab
Quick Play folder with 8 hand-selected IR’s to get you playing and creating fast.
Producer Single Mic folder with some of my favorite single mic captures.
Tweak Geek folder with all captures of the amp for those who like to go deep with their total tweaking.

Included Mics:

Dynamic:
Shure™ SM57
Shure™ SM58
Vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
Sennheiser™ e906
Shure™ SM7B

Ribbon:
Royer™ R121
Beyerdynamic™ M160
Shure™ KSM313

Condenser:
Telefunken™ U47
Neumann TLM 49

Feel free to ask any questions!
-Justin

Sweet! I’m loving the Deluxe Reverb you did. Will have to try this one too.
If you dig the Vox vibe, you’ll be stoked. This thing slays with the Class-A 30W TB, Morgan AC-20, and the Matchless models. Thanks for your support!

Been using a mix of blue IRs from your bipolar pack for a while now, in comparison this pack feels a bit smoother and more full-bodied; less IR blending needed for my ears. I've got the BLU 57 CEB + 121 G2 on deck for the weekend, looking forward to hearing it in a live mix!

Been using a mix of blue IRs from your bipolar pack for a while now, in comparison this pack feels a bit smoother and more full-bodied; less IR blending needed for my ears. I've got the BLU 57 CEB + 121 G2 on deck for the weekend, looking forward to hearing it in a live mix!
Oh yeah, those two cabs are completely different animals. The 1x12 AC-15's newer Blue is much brighter than my 2x12 AC-30's 25 year old Blues that I toured with extensively. That, coupled with a different capture technique makes them practically apples and oranges at this point. I still think the AC-15 sounds cool, but every time I pull up this AC-30 I'm like "yeah...that's the sound." I'm glad you're digging it, and I hope it treats you well this weekend. Good luck on your gig!

Most vox IR's I try end up sounding really boxy but you usually put out stuff I really feel with so I'm definitely gonna try these this weekend. Excited to finally have some real vox tones for once haha

Most vox IR's I try end up sounding really boxy but you usually put out stuff I really feel with so I'm definitely gonna try these this weekend. Excited to finally have some real vox tones for once haha
I think most people capture a caricature of a Vox to play on the natural boxiness of the Blue speaker and cabinet structure, or they EQ it to sound like what they think a Vox should sound like. These are completely natural files with all of the character that you’d find in the real deal, so if you want REAL sounding Vox IR’s, you’re gonna be pumped. I can’t wait to hear what you do with these. I always love the music you create.

I’m overspent this month but will pick up next month! I struggle with vox impulses as they are usually overly boxy and bright. Having a bit fuller low end and especially having the gold speaker would be killer.

I’m overspent this month but will pick up next month! I struggle with vox impulses as they are usually overly boxy and bright. Having a bit fuller low end and especially having the gold speaker would be killer.
Let me know whenever you get it, and I'd be happy to help you dial in some tones. The Blue sounds killer, but I've been using the Blue/Gold blends and single Gold captures a lot. When I need something with attitude and urgency, I go for the Blue. When I need something pretty, I go for the Gold. The speaker blends bring the best of both worlds. I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

Ended being a lot busier than I thought I'd be this weekend but I went through and really dig that gold speaker a lot. The blue sounds gorgeous on cleans but the gold sounds gorgeous on ~everything~. Really looking forward to trying them in a mix context. I also really like the way the 7b sounds on these, I forget which capture it was but one of the 7b IRs was pretty beautifully balanced for my strats bridge pup

Ended being a lot busier than I thought I'd be this weekend but I went through and really dig that gold speaker a lot. The blue sounds gorgeous on cleans but the gold sounds gorgeous on ~everything~. Really looking forward to trying them in a mix context. I also really like the way the 7b sounds on these, I forget which capture it was but one of the 7b IRs was pretty beautifully balanced for my strats bridge pup
That’s awesome, man! You gotta let me know which SM7 shot you liked. And yup, that Gold is pretty special. I know you’re a 1987x fan, and I bet that’s an awesome combination.

Back
Top Bottom