Yngwie's not looking for an endorsement

funny thing is we can get his sound from a 19" 2U box, he's got two stacks and over 10 pedals. :lol
either way he's a arpeggio master
pic_SetupDiagram.gif

Thanks for the link to the interview. I enjoyed reading it 8)

The picture of Yngwies rig is a bit old. This is newer.

Well.. He uses 1 sound, more or less. Why change what works? The YJM head sounds really cool, and he do not carry anything or pay anything for the amps, so he just use whatever he want.
His image works best with BIG stacks on stage :D

While I love his playing and have since a teen, I still think he's still somewhat, "mentally aloof" with the comment regarding the Axe... and other things of course. He should of kept his mouth shut or changed his tone about the comment made somewhat 'cause his ignorance of such things doesn't help him. It only encourages me to laugh even more at the jokes about him. I guess he's not too buddy-buddy with Via anymore for him not to check the Axe out for at least the effects aspect.

Thanks for the link to the interview. I enjoyed reading it 8)

The picture of Yngwies rig is a bit old. This is newer.

This is the first video I've seen where Yngwie is not being a giant asshole. Just a bit of a douchebag, but that's it.

You know, I met the guy years ago at namm, and he was just hanging out at the fender show. He was totally nice and had none of that ego thing going on at all. Maybe it's just cuz I said "hi, thanks for all the great work you do." But he shook my hand and said, "thanks man."

Some guys want to experiment some don't,
If your rig works for you why change it, unless you like to play around.
Being a gear guy I would hate to see everyone just using the black box.
I like to dee the gear, I still have all my amp and effects, the Axe is just part of my tool box.
Some band keep cool gear on stage and I love it, Neil Young, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, David Gilmour, lots of newer bands also do this, I do it.
What ever works for you is the right thing.
I bet he tried some modeler years ago and said, not for me and has never thought about it again.
I love my Axe II that is a fact but there is something primal about plugging into a favorite amp and just playing, I will never completely give that up.

Love him, one of my biggest influences... that being said, just listened to his new cd "came out in december" and man I couldnt get through it... just skipped through it. More of the same, he lost me about 10 cd's back. He has what works for him, no need to change it. I've yet to hear his tone nailed on anything.

Same thing with Alex Lifeson.. he said in the gp interview, that he tried the Jubilee and decided to use it instead of trying to make his HK amps sound like what he already has.. why try to make something else sound like what you have right now and works.

i think yngwie is a legend, whether i like him or not. like they said so many CLONES its not funny and if marshall was giving me big dollars i would say all other products are garbage aswell

Back
Top Bottom