Yngwie @ The Observatory SoCal

Genghis

Power User
Just got home from seeing Yngwie a the Observatory down here in Southern Cal, kind of a kick off show for NAMM weekend. Any other Fractal Friends make this show? Or seen him lately? He still puts on quite a show. Definitely over the top, but quite entertaining and he has certainly mastered what he does on the instrument.

I saw him a few years ago with Vai and Satriani doing a G3 show, but this time around I was damn close to the stage. Couldn't believe how many Marshall's he had onstage, especially for the size of the venue. I don't recall exactly, but I think there were well over a dozen cabs and heads. Serious arena setup, but who knows how many he was actually using?

1 or 2 heads and cabs at the most. last time i saw him i counted like 10-15 heads and twice that many 412s....but only one of the amps power light was on, the one that had the cable going to it....the rest are just looks...

Maybe one of these rigs?

WallofDoom.jpg

I know there was only one cab with a couple mics on it. But yes, he had power going to ALL of them. When they finished the show, his roadie came out and started powering them down. It looked like a couple of different versions of Marshall heads too.

Anyway, he was quite the showman and I had a great time at the show, so that's all that really counts anyway..

Back
Top Bottom