AFIII Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising force

Nice. Yngwie's tone is among the best IMO. That boosted strat / marshall combo really cuts and his vibrato is perfect as well. The speed is impressive too, but I suspect it would have been overlooked if it weren't for is superb tone.

Just like Yngwie the guitar is drowning out the vocals. That's authenticity!!!! :)

That was badass, Mr. Mud. 🤘🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

I saw Yngwie open for Maiden in 1987 and is still the loudest act I have ever
heard in a live setting. It was painful, obnoxious, and pure Yngwie.

same with me but it wasn’t opening for Maiden. It was also in 1987 in Colorado Springs and was TOO much.

it’s the only concert I’ve left while it was still happening.

that was great!

just saw Yngwie a few days ago in Harrisburg PA.
I never saw him live. I don’t know if I will like the show. I have watched quickly a 2021 gig in Texas (?) in YouTube and was a little bit disappointed. Like ever, he is completely “punk”, doesn’t matter of the others musicians on stage. Seems he don’t hear them or … must be very challenging to stay on the song with him, he does a lot of free stuff. He don’t sing bad, but when you listen back to the records and see an actual Show 😬. I ve listen the last one one time . The drum programming is out of time 🤦 . I m 50/50 with him. Globally I am not part of this scene, I don’t listen to 80 heavy metal except him. That’s an exception

How was the show ? Is it … Boring? I love guitar but … non stop solos for 1,5 hour ! 😅. I have seen dream theater many times and the last 2 shows where soooo long (image and words and metropolis part 2 anniversary show were both awful because of labrie, completely out of tune🤦).

In guitar stuff I have seen satriani and it’s was cool . Not boring . But yes I ve never seen vai or malmsteen . i m afraid that it’s “too much”

Here is the show I was talking about

Don’t know what to say .

I have a huge respect for his playing in the records and all of them to fire and ice , but … yeah . But. There is a “but” in my mind. I prefer to stay in the albums with my guitar and tabs 😅

same with me but it wasn’t opening for Maiden. It was also in 1987 in Colorado Springs and was TOO much.

it’s the only concert I’ve left while it was still happening.

Iron Maiden was UH-Mazing!! :)

I wonder who he was opening for when you saw him.

It was clear that Yngwie was so not into making the songs sound good. Amazing talent,
but I am pretty sure all the comments about him being an insufferable narcissist and
ego-maniac are spot on.

Yes this is the problem . I love alternative music, I never liked “posers” and guys that take it too seriously in music . The guy himself as a person is the total opposite of what I like . When I upload something from him there is a part of me who say “seriously? You do commercials about this guy?” What will sonic youth think about it ? 🤣

But I like his sound and playing . Whatever he is . Open minded hm? 🤣

Iron Maiden was UH-Mazing!! :)

I wonder who he was opening for when you saw him.

It was clear that Yngwie was so not into making the songs sound good. Amazing talent,
but I am pretty sure all the comments about him being an insufferable narcissist and
ego-maniac are spot on.
If I remember correctly he wasn’t the opener. I think it was “Black and Blue” and someone else.

He was the headliner. WAY too ice picky loud.

Back
Top Bottom