Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun

Igor Paspalj

Inspired
Hi guys,

Here's one short take on this YJM classic. I used Axe Fx II, Quantum 2.0 firmware, with new modeled Marshall 50w HI, it's really great amp, which I think it can amazingly recreate YJM early sound (which sounds much better to me then new one, btw).
Anyway, recorded a whole song a while ago on my Youtube channel, but now I am thinking to record all his covers again, since my sound on previous wasn't what I was looking for. Now, this is much much closer :)

All feedbacks appreciated, thanks, and sorry for few minor mistakes while playing.

I remember years ago buying Rising Force on vinyl and being blown away by the guitar.... seems like you have got both the YJM tone and the technique nailed there so nicely done dude :)

Thank You all, I appreciate it! It sounds even better on my studio monitors, but when I export it from Cubase and listen on laptop, phone, stereo...it sounds little bit off, obviously monitors are giving me some ''false'' perception, but can't be bothered going too much into production stuff, I'm not really into sound enginering :)

And btw @Shenks I felt the same when I heard Rising Force for the first time, my mind was totally blown away! :)

I felt the same when I heard Rising Force for the first time, my mind was totally blown away!

All in all it was revolutionary stuff at the time and even though my liking for YJM waned over the years, I never forgot what an impression music could make on a person when it just hit you where it counts. The fact that you managed to bring back those memories in great clarity shows you hit the nail on the head with your rendition.

Hearing your clips really brings me back (like others have said) to that feeling I got hearing the first 3 Yngwie albums.
Before I picked up a real guitar and I would air guitar to them with a badminton racket until my arm would literally seize.

Thanks Yngwie for making me wanna play guitar, and YOU Igor for your fantastic clips and taking me back in time!

Back
Top Bottom