Again, thank You all!

For those who asked for it, here's info about the preset:

I am using Ownhammer cabinet - OH_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_studio modern.
Can't upload preset right now, because I have to find some alternative cab, and don't have time right now, will do it later. Anyway, preset is very simple - Treble boost with drive around 3.47
Amp is Plexi 50w Hi 2 - input drive 7, master at 10
and concert hall reverb. That's pretty much it, can't remember if I tweaked some advanced settings.

Would love to get the preset when you can - I really wanted the delay settings. I've been trying to mimic the echo etude and slapback delay and you nailed it. Just send it without a cab if you would. :) Again - awesome playing.

Would love to get the preset when you can - I really wanted the delay settings. I've been trying to mimic the echo etude and slapback delay and you nailed it. Just send it without a cab if you would. :) Again - awesome playing.

Thanks man, here it is. I quickly went trough some factory cabs, couldn't really find one really close for these amp settings I've made with this own hammer cab, so I just put some 4x12, doesn't sound bad...anyway, scene 1 just solo preset, scene 2 echo etude, and scene 3 slap back delay.

Attachments

• Yngwie vintage.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 267
Um....
Wow.

That was humbling. If I ever meet you remind me not to bring my guitar.

Unfreaking believable playing dude.

All the practice in the world won't get me playing like that. Amazing.

Patches were fine. But the playing...

Just wow.

Really awesome playing!
I kind of forget how great Yngwie played and sounded back then. When I hear you play this I wanna go listen to all that old stuff again.
Yngwie gets some rough critique for his attitude and "always play fast is boring" view.
But man, he really was a big part in the evolution of guitar technique? There's simply noone like him....

Well, now there's one... :)

Awesome playing! Did you have to modify your volume taper to do the part in the slapback delay?

I saw Yngwie play that slapback delay live a few years ago and it was just incredible, of course you nailed the sound.

Really awesome playing!
I kind of forget how great Yngwie played and sounded back then. When I hear you play this I wanna go listen to all that old stuff again.
Yngwie gets some rough critique for his attitude and "always play fast is boring" view.
But man, he really was a big part in the evolution of guitar technique? There's simply noone like him....

Well, now there's one... :)

Thanks man! Yes, he used to get some rough critique, but IMHO, he's still one of the most influential guitar players of all times. He's one of those guys when You hear 2 seconds of guitar - unmistakably you know that's him, and that's not easy thing to achieve, no matter if you are slow, fast, or whatever type of player. I admit, I am not listening to him that much lately, I am more in Guthrie's, Eric Johnson, etc..but boy, I still get a huge smile on my face whenever I play or hear some of his songs :) Lots of fun, for sure!

Awesome playing! Did you have to modify your volume taper to do the part in the slapback delay?

I saw Yngwie play that slapback delay live a few years ago and it was just incredible, of course you nailed the sound.
s

Thanks! No, haven't modified anything. This is actually pre-wired DiMarzio pickguard loaded with FastTrack Pro pickups.
Trick is in way of playing - you should increase volume for every note as much as you can, but then you have to kill it completely with the pot before next note. Otherwise, they'll overlap each other and it can sound sloppy, without that nice ''rolling'' feel.

Of course, it helps if the volume pot is really smooth, and very close to the first string like on Strats. I find this very hard to do on my Ibanez for example.

Back
Top Bottom