Oh that will be awesome Igor!:grinning:

I'm an intermediate level guitarist with a non-music related full time job, who's been trying to learn Neoclassical style so I can form my own songs based on the style at will.
Looking through youtube, amazon books, lick library videos:
- On youtube there are stellar players, some tutorials in bits and pieces which cover mostly playing short licks or Yngwie's songs
- There are books and videos which teach playing some yngwie songs note for note

I try to learn the short licks, or portions of Yngwie's songs at whatever speed I can play, now what, where does this whole thing tie in? Where do we go from here?
Covering the neoclassical style in a structured manner I didn't come across a book, video or tutorial which would help one get a grasp on this style, maybe there's something I havent yet discovered...
Sorry if I sound immature...maybe it's something I'm expecting to be spoon fed, which is a wrong expectation?:veryconfused:

Hey Igor, could you share a few words about your approach to those one note per string arpeggios when alternate picked, do you pay attention to pick slants or do you use crosspicking etc?

I'm curious about that as well. Also how high is your action? I used to think it had to be super low to play like that, but it seems some shredders have higher action than I would have thought.
Hey Igor, could you share a few words about your approach to those one note per string arpeggios when alternate picked, do you pay attention to pick slants or do you use crosspicking etc?

I'm curious about that as well. Also how high is your action? I used to think it had to be super low to play like that, but it seems some shredders have higher action than I would have thought.

It's mostly crosspicking, I don't pay much attention to pick slants, at least not consciously. As far as action concerns, yes it's pretty low, but not super low. On this Fender it's around 1.6mm on first string on 17th fret. I also like to keep my neck straight as possible, with less relief possible without fretting out, and string chokes.

Actually, I am thinking of making some video tutorials on my youtube channel, for free of course, just to boost channel a bit. I have lot of free time lately since I only do music - recording, and gigs for a living, so maybe that can help? I mean there are plenty of things available already - some good, some not that good, but I'll try to give my humble contribution to community as well :)
I would subscribe in an instant! :D

Back
Top Bottom