Yngwie blues album

Yngwie always said he didn't like blues. And now he's proved that.

From what I remember back in the 80's, the last time I actually followed what the Y was doing, he seemed quite fond of the blues and had rather nice things to say about BB King.

Sounds like one of those indulgent jams at the end of a G3 concert where everyone throws taste out the window and mindlessly shreds over a 12 bar for 10 minutes. Much more fun for them than the audience.

I dunno, tickets always seem to do well to those G3 shows, a format based around having shredders play on stage, so I reckon that mindless shredding is part of the attraction. It's not like the Edge or Jonny Greenwood was ever part of those shows,

I actually don't think the playing or the music is that bad. The issues I have with this are: ridiculous lyrics, bad singing, opulent / self-indulgent video, and horrible production. As @Robboman pointed out, there's basically no dynamics in this sound at all. Everything is going at 110% all the time, which is probably what Yngwie was going for but it basically removes any semblance of feel at all.

^^^^This 100%

It’s too bad a shirtless Adam Levine wasn’t riding shotgun the whole time.... would of really rounded things out nicely.

Maybe a Steven Segall cameo too at some point

I had another listen and I still like the music, but that video! It was made by someone that was truly in love with Yngwie or someone that really hates his guts :p

I for one am glad there exists someone like the Y. He's the William Shatner of metal, playing such an insanely over the top caricature of himself, methings the world would be a little poorer without him. Be it a little more sustainable, as all those Ferraris and his Great Wall o'Marshalls can hardly be called eco friendly. Not to mention his constant littering of his guitar picks. :D

I for one am glad there exists someone like the Y. He's the William Shatner of metal, playing such an insanely over the top caricature of himself, methings the world would be a little poorer without him. Be it a little more sustainable, as all those Ferraris and his Great Wall o'Marshalls can hardly be called eco friendly. Not to mention his constant littering of his guitar picks. :D
Except I don't think he is playing a character... I think what you see is pretty much what you get ;)

I had the unfortunate displeasure of seeing him live at Generation Axe last Dec. and it was god awful. He left his guitar laying on the stage feeding back for 10 minutes at 5000 dBs and his more recognizable tunes like Far Beyond the Sun were almost unrecognizable from the mindless shredding during the melodic sections that I’m guessing he thinks was impressing everybody. I mean the audience were all guitar players and I’m sure they could all see through his shtick. I breathed a sigh of relief after his set while thinking WTF.

Except I don't think he is playing a character... I think what you see is pretty much what you get ;)

Methinks when you play a character for long enough you become that character. Where does Shatner end and Kirk begin? Same with the Y. Fake until you make it, they say. The implied meaning of course that if you fake it for long enough it becomes real.

Yngwie Malmsteen does the blues?

A more obtuse oxymoron I can't imagine.

He obviously knows absolutely NOTHING about the BLUES.

Saw this over on thegearpage. A lot of negative comments but I actually like it.

yeah, it was said here the top was up, that was funny. :)
he reminds me of a rapper...showing off his cars, watch, guitars...
I just have no idea what he is trying to say...what a character! :)
So, in conclusion I heard him playing the same tired uninteresting cliche blues riffs but REALLY FAST!

Back
Top Bottom