Yet another (very simple) Erueka!!! moment for me

I have owned my Standard for quite a while now and, on a regular basis, still have moments where I just sit back and say WOW, here is another neat thing I can do that I didn't think of before.

The most recent just happened.

Backstory:

I am VERY happy with my current set up of: Axe Standard ----Mesa Simul Satellite----Avatar 4x12 with Celestian G12K-100's ( So happy that I have 2 identical setups :lol: ).

Recently, I made the decision to give monitors another try (I had 2 QSC's and liked them a lot, but there was just "something" missing for high gain stuff....this was several firmeware versions ago).

With that said, I always think to myself that I am leaving so much on the table by not fully utulizing the power amp section of the Axe without coloring it with my tube power amp...and not using the cabs.

I just bought a Dynaudio BM5A monitor (will buy a second if I really dig it).

So...what was my Eureka moment?

I can now run multiple cabs with different speakers at the same time inside my Axe :cool:

I know that may be simple, but it is just one of the MANY :idea: :idea: that go off as I am messing with this thing.

Awesome piece of gear.

mctallica1 said:
I have owned my Standard for quite a while now and, on a regular basis, still have moments where I just sit back and say WOW, here is another neat thing I can do that I didn't think of before.

The most recent just happened.

Backstory:

I am VERY happy with my current set up of: Axe Standard ----Mesa Simul Satellite----Avatar 4x12 with Celestian G12K-100's ( So happy that I have 2 identical setups :lol: ).

Recently, I made the decision to give monitors another try (I had 2 QSC's and liked them a lot, but there was just "something" missing for high gain stuff....this was several firmeware versions ago).

With that said, I always think to myself that I am leaving so much on the table by not fully utulizing the power amp section of the Axe without coloring it with my tube power amp...and not using the cabs.

I just bought a Dynaudio BM5A monitor (will buy a second if I really dig it).

So...what was my Eureka moment?

I can now run multiple cabs with different speakers at the same time inside my Axe :cool:

I know that may be simple, but it is just one of the MANY :idea: :idea: that go off as I am messing with this thing.

Awesome piece of gear.
Ok, please forgive me but maybe I can't read English (or Engrish ;)), but I'm still missing the "Erueka" moment... are you saying that you realize by running the monitor that you can use cab sims and essentially have multiple cab "types" with the Axe-fx?

Uhm, yes... I think that's it. Or isn't it? You tried using cab sims with the QSC's, didn't you? And now with the dynaudio it's better?

I guess I don't quite follow either...
Dynaudios are very nice.

Depending on when mctallica last tried the QSCs, it might have been before Axe-Fx release 6.0 and the 1024-bit cab sims.

Sorry if I wasn't clear...I was a bit excited over something very simple.

The thing that got me jazzed is that I can use 2 DIFFERENT cabs at the same time. I know, I know.....very basic, but I hadn't thought of it before :oops:

I did use the cab sims with my QSC's...nice, but no cigar. It was probably around Firmware version 5.xx or so.

Probably should have just kept this to myself, as it is so basic, but it got me excited :lol: :lol:

Hey, I get it entirely - I found that using two different cabs "evens out" the individual personalities of each, and often creates a new response that is (sometimes) better or smoother than either by itself. I also found that the two together are louder than just one, have to work on this - I would prefer identical levels for comparison purposes.

Back
Top Bottom