Yet another U2 preset medley..

edo

Power User
Vendor

I've been trying to record this clip for a long time, mostly to check the levels between presets without playing, as when I do it I always end up tweaking everything but the levels! lol

Anyways, feedback is welcome!

Edit: here's a quick file description and tracklist:

Here's a clip I made with some of my axe fx 2 patches I use with my U2 tribute bands Achtung Babies (www.achtungbabies.it) and Poptarts (u2poptarts.com).
First block is Strat (the edge signature), second block is Les Paul (music rising), third block is Tele (hot rod 52), last block is Explorer (2016 proprietary series with bareknuckles ttops).
Most sounds are based on U2's recent I+E Tour. Some patches might sound a little off as I made them with different guitars I normally use, but for this clip I tried to keep it down to 4 guitars *only* :D

Guitar > axe fx 2 > logic X

Here's the tracklist:

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
Gloria
Iris
Mysterious Ways
All I Want Is You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Zooropa
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride (In the Name of Love)
With or Without You
Bad
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking for
The Fly (ZOO TV)
Please
An Cat Dubh

The Electric Co.
Raised by Wolves
Until the End of the World
Even Better Than the Real Thing (IE)
Even Better Than the Real Thing (ZOO TV)
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
One
New Year’s Day
Love Is Blindness
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Do You Feel Loved
Walk On
Kite
The Fly (Elevation Tour)
Mofo
Numb
Lemon
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Vertigo
Cedarwood Road
California
Get on Your Boots
The Unforgettable Fire
I’ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (REMIX)

Out of Control
I Will Follow
Cedar wood Road
Song for Someone
Elevation
Beautiful Day

Last edited:
Just had a quick listen @edo, I really like the Paris Streets intro. and the UTEOTW outro! I need to try and figure out that Streets intro., it sounds great live. Unfortunately Edge missed his cue on the Paris DVD.

I see you cracked MW. I tried a while ago, but couldn't get the 'swoosh'.

Reactions: edo
lol I was there, he did miss it, but i think it still sounded better than the way they edited / "fixed" it for the dvd!

They did? I'm pretty sure when I watched the HBO special, the mistake was still in there.

Unbelieveable.......sounds absolut real like The Edge to me....

What Cab do use now for your Vox-Sounds? Still the free Blue Bulldog from this forum?

Unbelieveable.......sounds absolut real like The Edge to me....

What Cab do use now for your Vox-Sounds? Still the free Blue Bulldog from this forum?

No, a few months ago I shot a few ir's from 2 of my vox's with a shure beta 58 in a couple different positions. I only use those for the IE / 360 / vertigo tour based presets. For older stuff I mostly use the oh vx30 I think

Have you tried placing a volume block in front of it and assign the volume to an exp pedal?? ;)

I do use a volume pedal to bring it in and control the overall mix, but it's still a little choppy at the start; I used maximum discussion and rolled off the highs, but you can still hear it, especially the scratch from the Herdim pick. :(

I do use a volume pedal to bring it in and control the overall mix, but it's still a little choppy at the start; I used maximum discussion and rolled off the highs, but you can still hear it, especially the scratch from the Herdim pick. :(

Like I said, try with a volume block before the multidelay / reverb (or whatever you're using for shimmer) and assign *that* to the expression pedal. You want to be able to control the input going into the shimmer, so that when you turn it down you still hear its trail

I've been trying to record this clip for a long time, mostly to check the levels between presets without playing, as when I do it I always end up tweaking everything but the levels! lol

Anyways, feedback is welcome!

Edit: here's a quick file description and tracklist:

Here's a clip I made with some of my axe fx 2 patches I use with my U2 tribute bands Achtung Babies (www.achtungbabies.it) and Poptarts (u2poptarts.com).
First block is Strat (the edge signature), second block is Les Paul (music rising), third block is Tele (hot rod 52), last block is Explorer (2016 proprietary series with bareknuckles ttops).
Most sounds are based on U2's recent I+E Tour. Some patches might sound a little off as I made them with different guitars I normally use, but for this clip I tried to keep it down to 4 guitars *only* :D

Guitar > axe fx 2 > logic X

You do a really nice job with your tones Edo! ;)

Awesome work as always @edo! You must put in a super human amount of time working all those tones out and then programming them in! You should apply to be a second guitarist/guitar tech for U2....!

@edo, so how do you play that little Zooropa part before Streets? That just sounds so good. Almost as good, but not quite, as Running to Stand Still into Streets in Sydney! That 1-2 combo still makes the hair on my neck stand up.

@edo, so how do you play that little Zooropa part before Streets? That just sounds so good. Almost as good, but not quite, as Running to Stand Still into Streets in Sydney! That 1-2 combo still makes the hair on my neck stand up.

we do alternate them, although i must admit that when i first heard the zooropa > streets transition in turin last year i think i pissed my pants!! :D
Here's a bit from one of our gigs

Fantastic!!!! You even hit your mark! ;) Damn, even your Bono, sounds like Bono!

Last edited:
Hello ! Before you apply with U2 and disappear forever in a never ending world tour, would it be possible to give us a look or some setting details on the autowah or 'what be it' settings at about 11:13 ?
Great sounds

Really loved the Until the End of the World tones. All of them were excellent, but that one really jumped out at me. Probably helps that's my favourite U2 song...

Back
Top Bottom