• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

YET another Q about power conditioners :eyeroll:

tysonlt

Inspired
Ok, so yeah, I know most 'budget' rack power conditioners are little more than an expensive power strip.

I am not interested in protecting against lightning bolts etc, and we have very stable power in Australia so I don't need a voltage regulator.

My question is simple: is there a breed of power 'conditioner' that simply reduced interference from the washing machine or air conditioner being on? Even if only very slightly. I fully understand the snake-oil thing. I would be happy even with a tiny bit of smoothy-ness, even if it's mostly placebo!

Or is the consensus, don't bother, get a power strip?

iaresee

Administrator
Something like a Furman M8DX does some AC filtering in addition to surge protection. You can go very crazy here and spend $600+ on something that does a ton of filtering and isolation for each outlet. That's probably unnecessary.

tysonlt

Inspired
Thanks folks. Looking in the medium budget range, nothing too fancy but not snake-oil crap either. I just run the axe and 2 powered speakers so I don't think isolation is necessary.

Top Bottom