(Yet another) MeloAudio Midi Commander with Axe FX III question

Joaquin Cuervo

I recently purchased the Midi Commander and all I want to do is switch presets and banks. I have connected midi to the Axe and USB to my PC. I rebooted the MC into AXEF mode and so far I have not been able to switch presets or banks. I also tried a factory reset on the MC and nothing changed.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

The Midi Commanders (MC) pre-configured FX switches is the FX II (older) not FX III. See my comment in this thread

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/midi-commander.159222/

You will have to use one of the two MC’s “Custom” modes and set desired switch's (maybe you use 1 and 2) to CC (not PC), then pick a number for Scene select up and down maybe 102 and 103 (just examples but that's the CC's I use ) - THEN go into actual Axe FX III Setup menu, pick "MIDI/Remote," tab then go to "Other" tab then set the Scene Increment and Decrement numbers to 102 and 103 respectively)

Repeat for MC's switches 3 and 4 (again just example use any switches you want) to change AF3's Preset up or down - but (obvious I know) pick two different CC numbers on the MC and make sure they match the numbers you set in the AF3's Setup menu for Preset inc. and dec.
That leaves the front row (Switches A, B, C, D,) for other and more frequent uses like Looper: Rec, Play, Stop, Undo) or Tuner, Tap, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom