Yet Another Hotel California Cover

That was awesome! Everytime I think I'm tired of that song, I play those first three notes of the solo and I'm hooked again. One of these days I'll actually learn how to properly play it [emoji1]

Yep, less FX, brighter, simply better. Which amp model & cab IR?

B.T.W. add a phaser to the guitar #2 parts (@ 36 sec. & @ 1 min. 8 sec.)

Very nice tone and playing. If I could offer one crit though - you're doing something I have a tendency to do (which is why I notice it probably!) - you're rushing ahead of the beat most of the way through. Listen to the original again and notice how it's more relaxed sounding as it's either on the beat, or even laying back a little. If you can focus on playing a bit more relaxed (easier said than done I know!) you'll get the feel of the phrasing a lot closer to the original.

Hope that helps!

Nice work man, made me finally pull out the tabs and start learning the solo. Been meaning to do it for ages!

Yep, less FX, brighter, simply better. Which amp model & cab IR?

B.T.W. add a phaser to the guitar #2 parts (@ 36 sec. & @ 1 min. 8 sec.)

Ah, totally forgot about the phaser. If I remember correctly, this was even the first song on which the Phaser as such was used, I think it was invented by Eventide at the time they recorded this song.

I've used the Div/13 FT37 Hi amp model with sag at 8.6 and variac at 87%. No Hi-Cut, drive at 9, BMT at 4,6,7.2. The cabs I used were F042 4x12 Hi-Power RW and F026 2x12 Boutique RW with delay on 0.031ms. All the effects were added in the DAW.

Very nice tone and playing. If I could offer one crit though - you're doing something I have a tendency to do (which is why I notice it probably!) - you're rushing ahead of the beat most of the way through. Listen to the original again and notice how it's more relaxed sounding as it's either on the beat, or even laying back a little. If you can focus on playing a bit more relaxed (easier said than done I know!) you'll get the feel of the phrasing a lot closer to the original.

Hope that helps!

Yes, I agree. Don Felder and Joe Walsh did a much more laid back recording of this song than I did, and it's really hard to get it to sound like that. I learned that solo as a 15 year old and I guess the little inconsistencies stuck with me for all this time, tough to play it any other way now.

Ah, totally forgot about the phaser. If I remember correctly, this was even the first song on which the Phaser as such was used, I think it was invented by Eventide at the time they recorded this song.

I've used the Div/13 FT37 Hi amp model with sag at 8.6 and variac at 87%. No Hi-Cut, drive at 9, BMT at 4,6,7.2. The cabs I used were F042 4x12 Hi-Power RW and F026 2x12 Boutique RW with delay on 0.031ms. All the effects were added in the DAW.

No drive? I think I need to revisit the Div/13 FT37 Hi amp model?

Sounds great ,glad to hear you learn it when you were 15, and not just started playing it with the record,I've been working on that solo for a month now trying to get all the nuance's:D

Back
Top Bottom