YES! (SpaceX)

and NOOOOOOOO!!

Looks like there was an unscheduled ignition and "re-launch" several minutes after landing upright on the pad. No RUD, but it hurled the entire vehicle and flattened it on impact. Mission accomplished on data and control however.

Maybe they all looked at each other and said, "it didn't blow up...it didn't fall over...what do we do with it now?"

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 4.37.49 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 4.41.17 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 4.39.39 PM.JPGScreen Shot 2021-03-03 at 4.40.00 PM.JPG

Last edited:
Well that's a very interesting lesson..! I was oblivious to the fact that this was happening today. Off to Youtube I go!

Bummer it blew up, but hopefully the updates they are rolling into SN15 fix the whole landing gear and blowing up issue. But it did land for a few minutes first, before the boom

Bummer it blew up, but hopefully the updates they are rolling into SN15 fix the whole landing gear and blowing up issue. But it did land for a few minutes first, before the boom

I think at this point, it looks like they're strapping rockets to a tin can, one that looks like it belongs in the Bride of Chaotica episode of Star Trek Voyager and they are only interested in testing all the rocket control hardware and software. They'll get it! :)

I think at this point, it looks like they're strapping rockets to a tin can, one that looks like it belongs in the Bride of Chaotica episode of Star Trek Voyager and they are only interested in testing all the rocket control hardware and software. They'll get it! :)
Honestly I think the tin can look is cool. It looks like the old sci-fi imaginings of rockets! They stated the tests were for descent control data, so landing is the icing on the cake for the test. But the more data the better in these things. At the rate it looks like, the first they hit the ground hard and RUD, the second they over rotated and RUD, the third landed awkward and caught fire and then a slower RUD, maybe the fourth will land awkward and just catch fire. Moving closer to a successful landing each time, but the data is their stated goal.

There going to go broke before he gets to Mars
They keep getting contracts, and are making a profit with Falcon 9’s and are about to fully roll out Starlink, which will revolutionize the internet industry, and make SpaceX money as well. So I think they have awhile, I think they’ll make it to Mars

They keep getting contracts, and are making a profit with Falcon 9’s and are about to fully roll out Starlink, which will revolutionize the internet industry, and make SpaceX money as well. So I think they have awhile, I think they’ll make it to Mars
He is good at making money.

He is a humanitarian and probably will offer Starlink at a extremely inexpensive price. It's to spread education around the world in increase people's IQ and help them catch up to modern society.

Would take 500 years to build a base on Mars?

SpaceX rocketry is built on a foundation of solutions from several of the people in this list of video interviews.
It ranges from a clerk typist to big brains talking about HUGE difficult problems they solved, some working daily with Wernher Von Braun.

He is good at making money.

He is a humanitarian and probably will offer Starlink at a extremely inexpensive price. It's to spread education around the world in increase people's IQ and help them catch up to modern society.

Would take 500 years to build a base on Mars?
I think you misunderstood who he is. He’s John Galt (or Hank Rearden) from Atlas Shrugged, basically, and as such he will charge as much as the market will bear. As he should. And then he will plow his profits right back into the company. Last time I checked Teslas still have pretty inhumane sticker prices. 😂 Starlink is currently $100/mo if you can get it, or twice the price for less than one quarter the speed of fiber. Now if I was in the boonies somewhere I’d gladly pay, but I have plenty of choice. Heck even unlimited LTE is less than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you misunderstood who he is. He’s John Galt (or Hank Rearden) from Atlas Shrugged, basically, and as such he will charge as much as the market will bear. As he should. And then he will plow his profits right back into the company. Last time I checked Teslas still have pretty inhumane sticker prices. 😂 Starlink is currently $100/mo if you can get it, or twice the price for less than one quarter the speed of fiber. Now if I was in the boonies somewhere I’d gladly pay, but I have plenty of choice. Heck even unlimited LTE is less than that.
Starlink is a bit expensive, but in so many small places, there’s little cell service, and only one ISP that can charge whatever they want. Add in that where I grew up most internet companies either don’t give the speed you pay for or they have frequent drop outs that leave you without service for a few hours on an almost weekly basis, and then they blame you for the issue, when clearly the entire town has no internet from that company. A good number of my family members live where they have only one choice in internet. So I think Starlink will be great to add some competition in those markets. I know a few people already planning to get the Starlink service once it rolls out fully.

SpaceX has dramatically cut the cost to launch satellites into orbit as well, and has made it more profitable by reusing rockets.

For Tesla, while some of the cars are expensive, some are not that bad compared to their gas fueled counterparts. The Roadster is super car performance, and priced accordingly. While the Cybertruck is priced equal to, or actually less expensive than most pickup trucks.

They have such good cameras and camera automation, I almost thought the landing sequence was a CGI representation of the landing. But goddamn it is real! It's so good that my brain can't register that this is real!

This is such a distraction from the work that needs to be done on Earth.

Radiation will cook humans on the journey, they still haven't figured that part out.

A dream to terraform Mars because we are screwing up our planet is so backwards. Get those "smart" people working on the real dangers.

This fosters a careless attitude about Earth.

Back
Top Bottom