YES ARW

Lee Pomperoy is using a couple of toasters for his bass 🍞 🍞

And Trevor Ravin is using "Mr. Picone's creation" :cool:

MM : Your guitar sound for the shows were great as well. Your set up seemed to be pretty simple. Can you tell us about your gear? What guitars, amps, pedals did you use for the tour?
TR : I’ve gone away from using regular amps and I’m using the Fractal unit which I love. Matt Picone who created the unit is quite brilliant. I tried many other units, but the Fractal fit me like a glove. I am able to create all my sounds in the unit. I’m still using my fender strat that I’ve had for decades, and I’m also using my alvarez signature guitars. SO I really use 3 guitars and an acoustic for a short time.

http://www.museonmuse.jp/?p=8820

Last edited:
@Admin M@, did you do the presets he used in that semi recent live DVD? Honestly I don't remember if he was using something Fractal, but he sounded great in any case.

Awesome performance of one of my favorite songs of all time. I've been listening to and loving that song since I was in high school. Pomeroy and Rabin are filling huge shoes, and both are killing it! And the Fractal (and Kemper) rigs sound spot on. 👍

Well, I created his presets but we all know (AND I TELL THESE GUYS) that Cliff Chase is the creator.

Working with Trevor was one of the highlights of my career.

Do you ever pinch yourself just to make sure the charmed life you're living is real? :D

I really enjoyed that.

Heat of the Sunrise was the last song I played for my senior recital at Berklee College of Music.

I remember Pat Pattinson and Jon Aldrich crashing our rehearsal for that song. They were both excited that we were playing music like that instead of the billionth rendition of Donna Lee or Giant Steps.

Well, I created his presets but we all know (AND I TELL THESE GUYS) that Cliff Chase is the creator.

Working with Trevor was one of the highlights of my career.

Loved that band in all its iterations. Trevors playing is sublime. And as you know, Wakeman is a huge fave of mine

Thanks for sharing that @Piing

Love this.

To me, Rick Wakeman is the ultimate showman on his instrument. The sublime organ, pad, or piano technique whether using a keytar or army of keyboards while wearing a cape.

Rabin is awesome and Anderson is a genetic freak to hit those notes at his age.

Anderson is also a human-metronome. He does not only set the tempo at the start, but accurately marks the beat with the maraca and tambourine.

I normally dislike when singers make percussive noises, but this is beautifully integrated with the song.

saw the names and immediately focused on Wakeman, so I hit play. Heard the first 2 seconds of vocals and went "oh man, THAT Anderson?!!"

This is so killer

Back
Top Bottom