Yellow and Black

wtfoley3

Hey, Axe-ters. Anyone ever take a swing at the Stryper guitar sound? Some good YouTube videos out there about their gear (historically Mesa-Boogie and, later, Orange believe it or not) and the “secret” parametric eq setting but I’m surprised not to have found any Stryper presets on Axe-Change. Rock on!

Always been a fan of their music...I think they're very underrated players/writers, they also have such a unique tone. It's funny, I follow Michael Sweet on social media and he was trying gear one day and I commented that he should use Fractal, he immediately let me know how much he did not like the one that was in his rack, lol. I didn't argue. Probably never took the time to learn it....but for their types of tones it's probably not the right tool anyway.

Hello, Here's one of the many I made. I use different Mesa amps and cabs. I love the "To Hell With The Devil" tone. I use the PEQ before the amp. I'm cutting the lows and boosting the mids. I think Micheal cuts 200Hz and boost the 800Hz. I read where OZ use to cut 80 to 90 Hz and boost 1500 Hz and 2000Hz back in the day. You might play around with the PEQ and try other settings. I also have the pitch on using the virtual capo for 1/2 step tuning. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Stryper To Hell With The Devil.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
Hey, Axe-ters. Anyone ever take a swing at the Stryper guitar sound? Some good YouTube videos out there about their gear (historically Mesa-Boogie and, later, Orange believe it or not) and the “secret” parametric eq setting but I’m surprised not to have found any Stryper presets on Axe-Change. Rock on!

Cliff covers the secret PEQ in his Cliff notes. I've used it in every Marshall preset since, but instead of the PEQ for the AxeFxIII, I use the method that @stink posted. To my ears, it's night and day. One sounds lively, the other a little duller. But I usually only do it on Marshall presets which I'm partial to. There's a video of the lead singer/guitarist explaining his secret somewhere out there on You Tube.

Back
Top Bottom