Yek's presets for cover songs [updated: Oct 11 2023]

I made some changes to the presets to make provide better support for FM3 and FM9.
If you want use the presets on those devices, download them again from the OP.

When imported into the FM3 or FM9, a couple presets will still cause a CPU overload, and some blocks will not be imported. The omitted blocks include Delay 3 (oscillating echo), Pitch 2 (mostly detune or organ simulation), Plex Delay 2, Reverb 2, Synth 2. In general, delete empty parallel rows.

And don't forget to check the Preset Translation log under the Help menu in the editor after each import.

Ask away if you have questions about a preset.

Last edited:
"Preset Translation log" ? I wasn't aware this even existed. I'll have to check that out. Thanks Yek!

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
I made some changes to the presets to make provide better support for FM3 and FM9.
If you want use the presets on those devices, download them again from the OP.

When imported into the FM3 or FM9, a couple presets will still cause a CPU overload, and some blocks will not be imported. The omitted blocks include Delay 3 (oscillating echo), Pitch 2 (mostly detune or organ simulation), Plex Delay 2, Reverb 2, Synth 2. In general, delete empty parallel rows.

And don't forget to check the Preset Translation log under the Help menu in the editor after each import.

Ask away if you have questions about a preset.
@yek After a tough workweek I fired up some of your presets and I really enjoyed the pure-ness and straight forward sounds that resonated well with both my state of mind as well as my ears… thank you for that🙏🏽

Updated.

Plexis and Deluxe Reverb are popular for a reason. After a lot of exploring over the years, I think I've never been more satisfied with my tones as I'm now. Simple and effective.
As always thanks for sharing these amazing presets. It sounds like today was an update but I noticed the file download name is "Yeks_cover_presets (old 2).zip" and the file create/modify times looks the same as the previous batch. Maybe the link needs updating?

Tomorrow I'm playing the last 4 gigs in a short time. It'll be my last one for quite a while, because of work and travelling.
I have fine-tuned the presets. Switched to the Plexi 100w High model, because it's more open and into-your-face than a 50W. Also switched to the Marshall TV dynacab, just had to find the sweet spot for the virtual condenser mic. Further streamlined the presets and got rid of superfluous stuff. I'll post the updated versions later this week.

Thanks for sharing these Yek, some great ideas in there and as someone else who plays in a covers band, your thinking with regards to a simple amp and cab selection makes a lot of sense.

I've been trying to hone a kitchen sink preset that covers most of our set, but playing through your presets has convinced me to go back to a preset per song approach

Can I ask what the filter block at the front of your presets is for? Is it just lo and high cut? Although the level is at 5db it doesn't seem to have a huge effect on volume?

Back
Top Bottom