Tick Tick Boom (The Hives)

Tick Tick Boom, by The Hives

Use Somebody, by Kings of Leon

Walk This Way, by Run DMC/Aerosmith

Warning, by Green Day

War Pigs, by Black Sabbath

Whole Lotta Love, by Led Zeppelin

Wonderwall, by Oasis
Would have been easier to post what isn't in your set list!!

You are the man! Thank you so much for this. It is quite appreciated.

I think it's awesome you have one for Blow @yek - that song rocks live and is super fun to play! Thanks for all the hard work and for letting us all download them. :)

Reactions: yek
To make these presets available, I have to go through 90 presets to unlink each one from global blocks and then export it.

So, it's once again time to lobby for automation of that process. The II could do it, so ....

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bulk-unlink-globals.175415/

@sprint @Admin M@ @Michael Pickens
+1 - synopsis of the wish in my long winded post noted above:

we want to: select multiple presets in preset manager > unlink all global blocks for selected presets.

Updated: 2022, June 17

Attached are my presets for cover songs, for live usage. There's a list in post #4.

Disclaimer: if you load these presets, you may find that the sound doesn’t resemble the guitar sound on the original recording. Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD...

I believe in a consistent guitar sound in a band setting, so I use just two amp models in these presets. Currently: Deluxe Verb and Euro (Bogner Ecstasy). I also prefer raw, unprocessed amp tones, and add effects to my liking, whether they can be heard in the original song or not.

I use a single set of presets, regardless of guitar or amplifying setup. Output 1 is for FOH, mono or stereo. Output 2 goes to a neutral power amp and traditional speaker cabinet.

Created on the Axe-Fx III, firmware 20.00. Some presets can be loaded “as is” into the FM3 and FM9, some will need some adjusting.

I use RJM’s Mastermind GT/22 foot controller, with additional external buttons (see post #7). The FC controllers are certainly the best choice for most users, but I use RJM because it fits my workflow and mindset.

I've downscaled to a single expression pedal (Ext. Controller 1) which switches between Wah, Feedback, Whammy and more. If you don't have pedals or switches, just switch the External parameter in the MIDI/Remote menu from 0% to 100% to hear what it does.

Below are the common elements of my grid layout. Most blocks are "Global" blocks in my Axe-Fx III, but I've unlinked them in the enclosed presets.
  • Input 1: set to Noise Reduction to handle pickup hum (make sure to set ACLineFrequency in Setup > Global correctly). I don’t need a gate block.
  • Volume 1: automatic volume swells.
  • I sometimes use the Multiplexer to switch the expression pedal between Wah, Feedback and Whammy, or to enable other less-used effects.
  • Compressor
  • Phaser, Rotary, Tremolo, Flanger, Chorus
  • Drive 1 + 2 : my favorite drives, 2 x 4 channels = 8 sounds. Drive 1: FET, Face Fuzz, Octavia, Heartpedal 11. Drive 2: Shimmer, Mid Boost, FAS Boost, DS-1.
  • Filter 1: neutral boost with some EQ, at around 8 dB or so. Avoids having to assign an external controller to the Input Boost parameter in the Amp block.
  • GEQ 1: bumps the level for soloing. Channel A is loud, B is softer.
  • Delay 1 (series): my regular delay block. Each channel provides a different delay.
  • Delay 4 (parallel): oscillating echo, engaged through External Controller 3. I add this to almost every preset.
  • Reverb: I don't always use reverb. Depending on the preset, I use it before (Spring) or after the Amp block. In Economy mode, to save CPU usage.
  • Plex Delay: ambient reverb and shimmer effects.
  • Out 1 is for FRFR, with cab modeling.
  • Out 2, without cab modeling, sends the signal to my power amp and traditional speaker cabinet.
  • Looper.
I have user cabs in my Cab block, but to facilitate sharing, I've replaced them with similar factory cabs in this set.
Very nice... very much thanks for posting this, great to use and learn from as well
Thank you!

Well, I'm about to reveal my n00bness, so please go easy on me folks.

First, thanks Yek for these presets, and for your amp breakdowns. Very selfless offerings I sure appreciate!

My issue is, I've downloaded this set of presets (so much goodness in there!), and using AxeEdit III they appear to import, but then after the save, the slots I tried to load to are just blank.

As a comparison, I have purchased a number of Moke's presets, and after much failure on this set, I went to load one of those presets and it loaded and saved just fine, as previous ones have, so it appears to be the presets themselves that are at the root of my issue, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it quite yet beyond the basics:

My process is: Axe-Edit III > Presets > Browser/Open Directory (let it scan, hit OK) > Drag and Drop a preset onto an empty preset space > Hit Save (hit OK on warning) > "Writing Preset" happens in bottom progress bar (at this point it shows it written into the preset in the manager) > Hit OK/presets management window closes > Axe-Edit Presets refreshes for a moment, and the presets it just "wrote" are empty. Doing this same process with other presets (well, Moke's presets anyhow) as stated works as it should. I believe he's crafted those (or at least ended on) optimizing those I bought for v19.xx as he'd indicated he may tweak them for v20.xx when he's got some time. So for me, those work as expected.

I have an Axe-Fx III running 19.07 and using Axe-Edit III latest 1.12.04.

Is it because Yek's presets here are built on/optimized for v20.xx that perhaps they won't save? I'm just at a loss, I've tried all I know to try. (pre-answer: I haven't upgraded to v20.xx yet because I'm s00pern00b, so I don't want to add any additional variables to learning how to use this amazing device. I'll upgrade at some point, but I just need to buckle down and learn, learn, learn)

Anyhow, I'd love to give these a shot, lots of sounds in there I'd love to have a starting point with at least. I'd gladly accept any info, suggestions and/or solutions that'd get me where I'm going. Please assume I know only the basics, and even that feels tenuous to be honest. Explain it like I'm a child. :)

Thanks all,

hfam

Not much more experienced than thou, but I have learned that it’s usually a Good Thing to update to all release versions (I’m not a beta kind of guy), especially if you intend to use presets from others. I’m not saying that’s what your current is, but I’m sure someone else will steer you straight.

I’d suggest you update your firmware, USB and AxeEdit as needed. While it can be dangerous on other platforms, I have yet to hit a problem keeping up-to-date with Fractal.

Well, I'm about to reveal my n00bness, so please go easy on me folks.

First, thanks Yek for these presets, and for your amp breakdowns. Very selfless offerings I sure appreciate!

My issue is, I've downloaded this set of presets (so much goodness in there!), and using AxeEdit III they appear to import, but then after the save, the slots I tried to load to are just blank.

As a comparison, I have purchased a number of Moke's presets, and after much failure on this set, I went to load one of those presets and it loaded and saved just fine, as previous ones have, so it appears to be the presets themselves that are at the root of my issue, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it quite yet beyond the basics:

My process is: Axe-Edit III > Presets > Browser/Open Directory (let it scan, hit OK) > Drag and Drop a preset onto an empty preset space > Hit Save (hit OK on warning) > "Writing Preset" happens in bottom progress bar (at this point it shows it written into the preset in the manager) > Hit OK/presets management window closes > Axe-Edit Presets refreshes for a moment, and the presets it just "wrote" are empty. Doing this same process with other presets (well, Moke's presets anyhow) as stated works as it should. I believe he's crafted those (or at least ended on) optimizing those I bought for v19.xx as he'd indicated he may tweak them for v20.xx when he's got some time. So for me, those work as expected.

I have an Axe-Fx III running 19.07 and using Axe-Edit III latest 1.12.04.

Is it because Yek's presets here are built on/optimized for v20.xx that perhaps they won't save? I'm just at a loss, I've tried all I know to try. (pre-answer: I haven't upgraded to v20.xx yet because I'm s00pern00b, so I don't want to add any additional variables to learning how to use this amazing device. I'll upgrade at some point, but I just need to buckle down and learn, learn, learn)

Anyhow, I'd love to give these a shot, lots of sounds in there I'd love to have a starting point with at least. I'd gladly accept any info, suggestions and/or solutions that'd get me where I'm going. Please assume I know only the basics, and even that feels tenuous to be honest. Explain it like I'm a child. :)

Thanks all,

hfam
IF you load presets made on a newer firmware, they will come up blank. Update your firmware and you'll be good to go.

Outstanding!! Thanks to the both of you, I had a feeling! Appreciate the quick replies and advice, guess its time to plunge into 20.xx!

Be well and thanks again!

hfam

I believe in a consistent guitar sound in a band setting, so I use just two amp models in these presets. Currently: Deluxe Verb and Euro (Bogner Ecstasy). I also prefer raw, unprocessed amp tones, and add effects to my liking, whether they can be heard in the original song or not.

I have user cabs in my Cab block, but to facilitate sharing, I've replaced them with similar factory cabs in this set.

Great presets all around @yek ! I have really thought a lot about what you've said about "I believe in a consistent guitar sound in a band setting" and it makes a lot of sense... it helps other band members more easily hear you and manage volume levels more predictably.

May I ask which cabinet IRs you normally use with these presets (even if paid)? I like the 4x12 Rumble 12L you paired it with but would be curious what your favorite IR for these presets is if it didn't have to be factory. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom