Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Really great sounds Yek. I so liked your previous 002 patch as an alternative that I've disabled the mapping so I can do the same with this.

I'm using Tap Tempo for the delay, and made the Y into Ducking and turned up the delay gain a touch - mainly to play the Doors 'Hello I Love You'. I'm controlling the feedback using an expression pedal, plus a switch to 'freeze' the delay so I can play over it.

The only thing I can't seem to get is the delay feedback to start feeding back into itself. I managed this with earlier versions, and used it as a cool effect. Now the 200% isn't high enough to start an actual feedback. Any ideas?

But this is such a great live-sound setup - the sounds + the management on the MFC. Some of these guys who come on here saying they're going to sell their rigs, need only to load in your sysx and patches, and bingo, there's what you paid all that money for!!

Reactions: yek
The only thing I can't seem to get is the delay feedback to start feeding back into itself. I managed this with earlier versions, and used it as a cool effect. Now the 200% isn't high enough to start an actual feedback. Any ideas?

When I turn Feedback L and R all the way up to 100, or down to -100, I get oscillation. Don't you?

Weird thing happened at the gig last night...when moving from 001 through 005 with the MFC, the name stayed the same "CLN RHY RCK HVY" but with the new preset number in front of it? But when I moved through the presets on the Axe they cycled through as normal...any idea what's going on?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you use my I/O menu settings, you've mapped MIDI Program Changes 2, 3 and 4 to preset 1, scenes 2, 3 and 4.
So for example, pressing preset switch 3 on the foot controller, will load preset 1 "CLN RHY RCK HVY", scene 3, which is the "RCK" tone.

The real Axe-Fx presets 2, 3 and 4 are not accessible via a foot controller this way. Those are presets I normally don't need to recall live.
However, when you use the value wheel on the Axe-fx, you will dial through them.

I installed Bank A and the back up file and setup the MFC. Preset 1 works perfectly , I choosedifferent scenes and it does as you say but when I moved to preset 2 with the Suhr XTC settings the MFC said: 002 CON RHY RCK HVY, preset 3 would do the same with 003 at the front this time. I'll have a look again tonight at the next gig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work.

I explained it before. It's the Mapping in I/O.
If you don't like it, just change Mapping to None. Then you can use your preset switches to get to the Suhr XTC etc. preset.

Here's why I've set it up the way I do.

Keeping my main amp tones in a single preset (000) makes it easy and fast to apply changes.
And spillover is optimised.

There's a disadvantage. Suppose I'm in preset 35 and I want to recall my "heavy" tone in my main preset (scene 4). I'd first have to recall my main preset and then press the Scene 4 switch (HVY). Mapping solves this, because Preset 000- scene 4 is mapped directly to preset switch 4. One less switch to push.

Last edited:
When I turn Feedback L and R all the way up to 100, or down to -100, I get oscillation. Don't you?

Ah yes - on Feedback L&R. I only tweek that to 20 or something, and control that with Ext 2. I was talking about the Feedback knob on page 1. For some reason it wasn't doing much - then suddenly did.

I also use Ext 2 (an EP), then with a modified curve, increase feedback, some Fb L&R and increase the feedback gain slightly. This gives me a sort of "Strawberry Fields" type of effect which reverts back to normal one repeat delay, plus because its Ducking, goes away when there I play new notes... It needs adjustment for playing at volume obviously.

Yek, I didn't even know there was a version 13 and you've already updated. How do you do it all? I'm still feeling my way through the 12 version of your bank and I can't believe how much is there. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar, as they say around my part of the world. I can't thank you enough, you've inspired me and quite a few others, by the responses.

Yek's Presets (v13) and blog

The new Vafam panel, installed.

vafam3.jpg

That is a really sweet setup! Have really liked a lot of your presets too. What was it that didn't work for you regarding scenes? I'm still debating which works best for me as well. I use a lot of modifiers and find X/Y for certain blocks doesn't work well for me. The Axe Fest patch showed some clever work arounds, but still don't have my layout finalized. Thanks for all your input to forum, really a huge help!

EDIT: Saw later in thread that you are using scenes. Still be interested in any tricks you may have found to get them to be more seamless. Most Reverb and Delays are fine, Amp or gain changes sometimes pop or cause a problem for me. It's user error, lol, but getting there!

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Still using scenes, a lot!

I just changed the layout on my MFC, making it possible to recall scenes through a single click.

Still using scenes, a lot!

I just changed the layout on my MFC, making it possible to recall scenes through a single click.

Thanks! You and some of the other power users have given so much to this forum! I really appreciate the time and effort you put in to help us find better tone and control.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom