Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Also new this week. :)

J-45 Standard.

Plays great, sounds great.

j45.jpg

Very nice and mellow.
Sounds great through FR too, using the built-in under-saddle pickup and a simple preset (Studio Comp, Studio Reverb).
Very happy with it!

Now working on 12.04 presets.

BTW, Hugo, the "one-preset w/multiple-scenes" approach for my main tones isn't quite working out for me, regarding switching on-the-fly. I'm sticking to a single preset for the main tones, but I've returned to using Mapping in I/O. Mapping preset switches in MFC Bank 1 to the corresponding scenes in preset 000.

That's really interesting Yek. I do like your second "alternative' preset 001 for an across the board change. For example when I switch to play slide (on the Danelectro), 001's got a nice bit of extra bite.

Particularly looking forward to what you come up with for playing your J-45. I've been using your acoustic patches for mine.

Trying to post some pics of mine from Photobucket, but getting 'invalid file'.... :mad:

Random question Yek. I see you don't have a power conditioner in your rack. Do you use one? Or just a power strip on the back?

I don't use one. My front panel has two power connectors at the rear, which power the Axe-Fx and a power amp. And one at the front for external gear. This suffices. I also don't see any benefit in using a power conditioner, here in The Netherlands.
I did use a power strip on the back in the past, when I needed more outlets.

Last edited:
Preset Bank + System Bank, and zipped individual presets, in OP updated for firmware 13.

REQUIRES FIRMWARE 13!!

Change log:

• Compressor: changed settings, type Pedal-2 instead of Studio (less CPU).
  • Delay: feedback settings corrected for fw 12.03/12.04/13.
  • Wah: changed settings, state Y no longer used.
  • Global Amps: changed settings.
  • Global Cabs: now using two blocks, to be able to use UltraRes IRs in stereo, input Left/Right, balanced Left/Right.
  • Main IR: OH_212_Bog_SH_H-PR-55_Studio-Modern, UltraRes version.
  • Low cut in Cab: 80 (to control bass when not using the PEQ, see below).
  • Main preset: using scene controllers to control amp gain in scenes 2-3-4.
  • Detune: changed settings.
  • Removed Delay2 from presets to save CPU.
  • "FR" PEQ: blocking 150 Hz and 5501 Hz.
  • Mapping Mode: Custom. Lets me use preset switches 2-3-4 to access scenes 2-3-4 of my main preset. If I need presets 2-3-4 on my Axe-Fx, I use the wheel.
  • New presets for J-45 acoustic etc. Reshuffled other presets.
  • Using UltraRes version of acoustic guitar body IR.
  • MFC layout: removed Delay2 switch, changed Main Preset switch position, added Scene 1 switch.

Also using Display Offset on Axe-Fx and MFC now to start presets at 1 instead of 0.

Last edited:
* "Using UltraRes version of acoustic guitar body IR."

How did you convert this, if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom