Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Hmm, there shouldn't be an acoustic IR in the HEA preset. Sure about that?

I'm a few days without my Axe-Fx (man, I'm relaxed...), so I can't test it right now.

Hehe, not that relaxed - you are still here on the forum ;)

I got no sound from the HEA-preset, and when I checked the Cab block it was set to User 55 on both L and R cabs, which is empty in my Axe FX. So I just assumed that it was the first IR on your list, which was the acoustic... Now I see that the HEA-preset doesn't have "ir" in it's name, so does it use a factory preset perhaps?

IIRC, user cab slot 55 is my main IR, which I use in most of my presets. The mixed IR contains of a commercial IR so I can't share it.
I switch my presets to a factory cab, before exporting all presets.
So the HEA preset (as standalone preset or as part of Bank A) should point to a factory IR.
If it doesn't I messed up. Just set it to Santiago EJ250, which is stock #96.

It's in the OP. :)

Currently: a mix of the Santiago EJ250 + EV 12L (2 mics: 57 and 121) from Fractal's Producer Pack.
Mixed with Cab-Lab.

The Santiago is [edited:] the IR of an Eminence speaker (made for Eric Johnson by Eminence), sounding similar to my ASW KTS-70. I like this IR because it cuts through the mix very well, IMO.
And the EV 12L is, well, the EV 12L.

I do switch often. Also a fan of the Ownhammers.

Last edited:
Oops - I missed that, sorry! Thanks again :) I got the Ownhammers, lots of great IRs there for sure!

So much to try, so little time...

Reactions: yek
It's in the OP. :)

Currently: a mix of the Santiago EJ250 + EV 12L (2 mics: 57 and 121) from Fractal's Producer Pack.
Mixed with Cab-Lab.

The Santiago is a greenback (made for Eric Johnson by Eminence), so similar to my ASW KTS-70. I like this IR because it cuts through the mix very well, IMO.
And the EV 12L is, well, the EV 12L.

I do switch often. Also a fan of the Ownhammers.
I thought that Eminence EJ250 is alnico speaker not a greenback.

Yes, you're right, it's an Alnico, but it also has that vintage sound which I associate with greenbacks.

PS. I wrote EJ250, but it's the EJ1250.

Yek, so if we wanted to make a user cab of the EJ1250 MIX from Santiagos IR collection do you know what specific IRs make this ?

A couple of gear upgrades.

and I sold my Adam studio monitors, because I got two of these:
CLRs.jpg

How do they compare to the ADAM?
(A5X?)

Roland

Yek, so if we wanted to make a user cab of the EJ1250 MIX from Santiagos IR collection do you know what specific IRs make this ?

I believe it was:
50%: EJ1250 Paper U357 Ava L
50%: FAS Mad Oak: Rumble EV12L 121 + 57

How do they compare to the ADAM?
(A5X?)

Roland

I owned the A7Xs. Awesome monitors but I don't miss them one bit. I think the high end on the CLRs even seems (slightly) more pleasant. Also, the floor monitors fit better in my room. The stereo spread of course is less optimal with the CLRS next to each other but still okay.

I owned the A7Xs. Awesome monitors but I don't miss them one bit. I think the high end on the CLRs even seems (slightly) more pleasant. Also, the floor monitors fit better in my room. The stereo spread of course is less optimal with the CLRS next to each other but still okay.

Thanks Alexander

And Stereo is anyway only for at home

Roland

Reactions: yek
Thanks for these Yek. I'm going to try this setup at a gig on Friday. I've not been happy with my live sound from day 1 so hopefully this will sort it out ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you've balanced the levels of your main 5 patches for how you like it. Do you use your guitars volume control at all or is mainly opened up for the majority of the gig?

Great thanks. I'm finding it's a new way of thinking with the AFII, I come from a blues background where you roll volume down for rhythm and full up for lead so it's taking a bit of getting used too.

I'm finding it's a new way of thinking with the AFII, I come from a blues background where you roll volume down for rhythm and full up for lead so it's taking a bit of getting used too.
You can still do it that way.

Thank you for the kind presents. I am glad there are people like you in the world. May you have the happiest of holidays.

Great thanks. I'm finding it's a new way of thinking with the AFII, I come from a blues background where you roll volume down for rhythm and full up for lead so it's taking a bit of getting used too.

I agree with Rex. The Axe amps respond exactly as real ones to guitar input gain changes. With my Les Paul, I keep it around 4-6, and turn it up for overdrive leads etc.

I also have a couple of Strats, which are much cleaner so I don't keep their gain quite so low. My black trem one (original 1970's pu's etc) is particularly bright, so I usually back off the treble on the bridge pu (which Strat users don't usually do...).

But it's very controllable, and Yek's patches and levels make complete sense when playing live at volume.

Back
Top Bottom