Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed the "baron" thing. :)

Well.... you're going to have to change your avatar as well - AGAIN!

Here's a suggestion:

paramount-pictures_sacha-baron-cohen-1.jpg

For information, a Baron is at the top of the list of aristocracy and gentry, but the bottom of the list of titles. So we can expect Yek to be promoted soon to Viscount and then Marquis. I've got Cliff as an Archduke....

This is the kind of thing we take very seriously here over in Europe. It's great to see how well FAS understand this.
I need a Forum Viscount title then :p 'coz I'm in fact supposed to be one, and I'm not joking, lol... My family was ennobled by Louis XIV ;)

There I go again yek....(I think)
Uploaded patch 0-4 of you which is a good start, but the whammy won't work.
Only thing I changed is deleting the FX block.

First question is, do you use the "old style" for your whammy (with balance set to L and R between Wah and Whammy?
Or the "new one" I have read in a thread "Whammy w/o auto engage"

The wah works always in every patch.
I assigned an IA for the pitch1 block and when I press it, the pitchblock will kick in, but it's still Wah sound.
Can you point me in the right direction, can't recall what the solution was last time.

i tried out the main presets. thank you Yek for the awesome TONEZ!
the only issue i ran into so far was the guitar's signal dropping when selecting between scenes. what pilot errors should i check?

There I go again yek....(I think)
Uploaded patch 0-4 of you which is a good start, but the whammy won't work.
Only thing I changed is deleting the FX block.

First question is, do you use the "old style" for your whammy (with balance set to L and R between Wah and Whammy?
Or the "new one" I have read in a thread "Whammy w/o auto engage"

The wah works always in every patch.
I assigned an IA for the pitch1 block and when I press it, the pitchblock will kick in, but it's still Wah sound.
Can you point me in the right direction, can't recall what the solution was last time.

For the Wah/Whammy switch Amp and Drive blocks no longer have to be set to Left. It's done using the Mixer.
External 9 (CC24) is used to change the Gain of the two rows.

'm using the new trick you've mentioned. For this to work, Pitch1 has to be engaged at all time. You'll only hear it when moving the pedal.
So there's no need for an Pitch IA. just for an ext 9 switch.

I'm combining ext 9 and ext 2 (used for tremolo/rotary speed) in a single IA switch.

For the Wah/Whammy switch Amp and Drive blocks no longer have to be set to Left. It's done using the Mixer.
External 9 (CC24) is used to change the Gain of the two rows.

'm using the new trick you've mentioned. For this to work, Pitch1 has to be engaged at all time. You'll only hear it when moving the pedal.
So there's no need for an Pitch IA. just for an ext 9 switch.

I'm combining ext 9 and ext 2 (used for tremolo/rotary speed) in a single IA switch.

Works like a charm! :)

Thanks Yek!

If i want to use global blocks but only want to use a few of your presets and actually put them in bank B or C on the axe fx
would the easiest way be to upload system banks into the axe and than pick and choose which presets from the Your Bank A file
using axe edit? Not sure of the easiest way since axe manage is gone which is how i did it last time?

You can use AE. Load the bank fire (Import) and pick the preset.

Updated the presets for v11.03, incl. accompanying info. See first post.

Change log:

• Tweaked things because of v11.03.
  • Spent time at the rehearsal room to optimize amp tones and effect settings at the right volume, and to match preset levels.
  • Switched to a single, mixed IR in the Cab block. Enables to set the Cab to LoRes, which saves considerable CPU%.
  • Reordered some presets / scenes.
  • Corrected a couple of wrong X/Y states.
  • Switched TS808 to AC Booster.
  • Switched Reverb type.
  • Tweaked Delay settings.
  • Adjusted Noise Gate settings.
  • Adjusted Whammy and Formant modifier settings.
  • Defaulted LoCut / HiCut settings in Cab block. Using Global EQ now to adjust stuff for the room.
  • MFC: switched DLY XY and Delay 2 switches.

Last edited:
Updated the presets for v11.03, incl. accompanying info. See first post.

Change log:

• Tweaked things because of v11.03.
  • Spent time at the rehearsal room to optimize amp tones and effect settings at the right volume, and to match preset levels.
  • Switched to a single, mixed IR in the Cab block. Enables to set the Cab to LoRes, which saves considerable CPU%.
  • Reordered some presets / scenes.
  • Corrected a couple of wrong X/Y states.
  • Switched TS808 to AC Booster.
  • Switched Reverb type.
  • Tweaked Delay settings.
  • Adjusted Noise Gate settings.
  • Adjusted Whammy and Formant modifier settings.
  • Defaulted LoCut / HiCut settings in Cab block. Using Global EQ now to adjust stuff for the room.
  • MFC: switched DLY XY and Delay 2 switches.
Loaded 0-4 and tweaked to my style.
They were definitely different between 11.01 and 11.03. Now they sound great again.
Apparently you left the dumble in preset 0??

Yeah, I needed to correct some stuff.

I prefer to have a "heavy" preset in the main row, instead of 2 clean-ish tones.

Yek, do you have a starting point for your global EQ for live usage?

I used to use your lo-high cut cab blocks in previous path releases but now that they are not being used I was wondering what you do for the global EQ? Are you shaving off some lows and highs for live performance?

Depends on the room.

Yes, often lo-cutting sliders 31/63/125Hz, and hi-cutting 8kHz and higher.

Last edited:
Hi Yek, firstly a massive thank you for all the help your posts and presets have given me. I absolutely love the sounds you get out of the Axe II. I have a question I need to ask. Can you tell me or point me in the right direction as to the best way to build a preset from scratch. I've tried, but mine always seem to clip or when I reduce the db, they sound lifeless. I've owned my axe for about 8 months now and previous to that I had a Deizel VH4 with 2x12 cabinet, a/b switching to a Fender Deville Hot rod and enough effects to almost cause a divorce. I know a good sound, but I'm struggle to adapt the analogue world to that of digital. By the way I have great sounds on the axe, but it's all your set up, with changed amps & cabs

Many Thanks

Can you tell me or point me in the right direction as to the best way to build a preset from scratch. I've tried, but mine always seem to clip or when I reduce the db, they sound lifeless.
I'm not Yek, but here's something to try:

Make sure you fix clipping by adjusting the amp's Level parameter (not the master volume or gain parameters). That way, when you turn down the level to stop the clipping, you can compensate by turning up the Axe's output knob. That'll bring the life back.

I'm not Yek, but here's something to try:

Make sure you fix clipping by adjusting the amp's Level parameter (not the master volume or gain parameters). That way, when you turn down the level to stop the clipping, you can compensate by turning up the Axe's output knob. That'll bring the life back.

Rex is always right!

Reactions: Rex
Hi Yek,
I have a couple curious questions I was thinking about the other day tweaking your great live patches to my rig.
1st question is, what is the benefit using a mixer block to toggle the wah and wammy as opposed to the old way you used to do it in V10, considering the fact you are all about saving cpu usage and adding a mixer block just adds to this I would think?

2nd question is why do you prefer using a ping pong delay as your "go to" delay type especially when you are a mono signal guitar player?

Back
Top Bottom