Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Hi Yek,

I have downloaded some of your presets.
As I read you use output2 via a FXBlock to a power amp + Guitar Cab witch Cab sims Off
In my setup there's a poweramp + FRFR monitor.
To get the Cab sims on is that just a matter of deleting the FXBlock? (assumed that copy out1 to out2 is on)

That's correct. To be able to use OUT2 with FR, delete the branch with the FXL, enable Copy OUT1 > OUT2 and you're good to go.

Because a FXL block in a preset will always override Copy OUT1 > OUT2.

Thanks Yek,

another thing. It seems that with the flanger engaged the exp. pedal 1 is a whammy, while in other cases it's a wah?
How is that designed? Where is the difference made between Wha and Whammy? Can you further clarify?

On the preset grid in the main presets, you'll see a Pitch and a Wah block placed in parallel rows. In both blocks there's an external controller (#9) assigned to their Balance parameters. Balance is set to left for Wah, and set to right for Pitch (Whammy). On my MFC I have a general use switch assigned to CC24 (external controller 9's CC). With that switch off, the pedal controls the Wah. With the switch on, the pedal is a Whammy.

There's no relationship with the Flanger.

On the preset grid in the main presets, you'll see a Pitch and a Wah block placed in parallel rows. In both blocks there's an external controller (#9) assigned to their Balance parameters. Balance is set to left for Wah, and set to right for Pitch (Whammy). On my MFC I have a general use switch assigned to CC24 (external controller 9's CC). With that switch off, the pedal controls the Wah. With the switch on, the pedal is a Whammy.

There's no relationship with the Flanger.

Totally Clear, seems I have to check the CC of the flanger IA
Thanks

Reactions: yek
Hi Yek,

want to try the 4 cable method also.
It's pretty clear how to set it up and disable/enable sims for convenience.
What is unclear is the settings for OUT1 and OUT2.
Where can I find the settings on the I/O audio tab in this case e.g. "copy out1 to out2" on or off etc.

Yeah, I don't use those Y states (Bassguy) so it doesn't matter whether they're set to Thru or Mute.

Hi Flying Netherlander ;)
quoted just to hook your attention :lol
another day... some new questions:
1) when you say "updated OP" mean that if I d/l the file linked in the 1st post of this 3d i'm downloading the latest upgrade of your file?
2) I've noticed that uploading some presets with FBot the green bar stop close to 78~83% but on the AFX seems Ok! It is normal?
3) seems you are not a big fan of Axe Edit (at last for uploading/downloading stuff from/into THE MACHINE). Why? and what kind of use you do of Axe Edit?
4) ... well ... point 4 is just to say: Sir ... you got good EARS! Great job with you patches!!! Plus your file is like a driving-class about managing the AXF!
a Man that do all I see you do in this forum... can't be a bad Man!!! :encouragement:
TNX so much

Hi Flying Netherlander ;)
quoted just to hook your attention :lol
another day... some new questions:
1) when you say "updated OP" mean that if I d/l the file linked in the 1st post of this 3d i'm downloading the latest upgrade of your file?
2) I've noticed that uploading some presets with FBot the green bar stop close to 78~83% but on the AFX seems Ok! It is normal?
3) seems you are not a big fan of Axe Edit (at last for uploading/downloading stuff from/into THE MACHINE). Why? and what kind of use you do of Axe Edit?
4) ... well ... point 4 is just to say: Sir ... you got good EARS! Great job with you patches!!! Plus your file is like a driving-class about managing the AXF!
a Man that do all I see you do in this forum... can't be a bad Man!!! :encouragement:
TNX so much

Thanks.
1) en 2) See Claham's post above.
3) Too many issues with AE. See the sticky in the AE subforum. I just don't trust it and I can find my way quickly with the front panel.

Hi Yek,
I remember you had a link to sound cloud demoing your effect sound presets, do you still have it? If so can you post it......I have them but it will be alot easier listening instead auditioning them before I add them to my axe.
Thanks!

Hi Yek,
I remember you had a link to sound cloud demoing your effect sound presets, do you still have it? If so can you post it......I have them but it will be alot easier listening instead auditioning them before I add them to my axe.
Thanks!

YOu need to listen to them on your setup, at gig volumes - ideally within a band mix, in order to really see how good they are.

They are excellent, but it's not just the sound, but also they way you can use the patches.

TNX Claham and Yek!!!

Love Shiva!!! wwwWWWOOOOoooooOooowwwWwww!!!! :hororr:
full throttle delay&reverb... and yesss... just the arena dream of sound!!! :lol

Files in first post updated.

No major changes in effects settings.

Mainly it's a different MFC / main presets layout (as always).
The first 5 presets are still dedicated to my main tones: clean - crunch - rock - heavy - lead.
No more various amp models per preset (except in the clean preset: scene 4 has an alternative model).
Scenes 2, 3 and 4 in these presets have engaged effects, based on the current amp tone.
Much more simple than the approach than a while back.

1011mfc.jpg

I've also updated and optimized the "collection" of clean and dirty amps thoroughly, using stock cabs.
While doing this I ran across a number of amp models I'd happily use as my main amp tones. Quick Rod, Ecstasy, Triptik, etc. But as the BE has served me well, I'm sticking to it. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom