Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Both questions are answered in post 61 above. ;)

If I want to assign the PEQ to bypass using the front panel (as in the rest of them), how do I go about it? Sorry for the newb question; a bit confused about this. I'm currently at the I/O > MIDI > EXT CTRL 4 INIT VAL and it reads 0%.

Wow!! I actually logged in this AM to give a review on V10 after playing with it since the release, I had been very disappointed everything just sounded fizzy and was having troubles dialing it out.

Than I decided to load your presets and give it another listen. Its now 6 hours later and blood is dripping from my fingers and my tympanic membranes are somewhere on the floor ;)
Just curious if you could give up a few of your secrets.

1st) Prior to using your presets everything sounded fizzy especially with my humbucker guitars with the volume up. Now every thing is perfect! What would you say the most important tweak you made to make things sound more natural?
2nd) where did you get those 4 extra switches on the bottom of your rig?
3rd) do you have any ac-15 preset? Just seems i can't get that to sound right
4th) Can I pay-pal you a donation? You really could sell your presets they are that good!!!!!!
Thanks again so much!!!! What I love about my tube amps is you just plug in and they always sound great without having to do much
tweaking, you bring that same "everything just sounds good" experience to the axe!

If I want to assign the PEQ to bypass using the front panel (as in the rest of them), how do I go about it? Sorry for the newb question; a bit confused about this. I'm currently at the I/O > MIDI > EXT CTRL 4 INIT VAL and it reads 0%.

At 0% it should bypass the PEQ block. At 100% it should engage the PEQ block.

To verify: go to the PEQ block, go to the Bypass parameter, press Enter to open the modifier menu and verify that Source is set to External Controller 4.

Last edited:
Wow!! I actually logged in this AM to give a review on V10 after playing with it since the release, I had been very disappointed everything just sounded fizzy and was having troubles dialing it out.

Than I decided to load your presets and give it another listen. Its now 6 hours later and blood is dripping from my fingers and my tympanic membranes are somewhere on the floor ;)
Just curious if you could give up a few of your secrets.

1st) Prior to using your presets everything sounded fizzy especially with my humbucker guitars with the volume up. Now every thing is perfect! What would you say the most important tweak you made to make things sound more natural?
2nd) where did you get those 4 extra switches on the bottom of your rig?
3rd) do you have any ac-15 preset? Just seems i can't get that to sound right
4th) Can I pay-pal you a donation? You really could sell your presets they are that good!!!!!!
Thanks again so much!!!! What I love about my tube amps is you just plug in and they always sound great without having to do much
tweaking, you bring that same "everything just sounds good" experience to the axe!

That's good news.

1.) No secrets really.
As described in the OP, I make sure that the I/O and Global settings are correct. Nothing out of the ordinary BTW.
I enter the Amp block and reset it (doubleclick Bypass). Then I select the amp type I want.
I go to the Cab block and choose a suitable cab, based on the suggested cabs for that amp in the wiki. These days I stick to the new "Mix" cabs, for tone and convenience, but there are great alternatives out these (I'm trying OwnHammer's new Mesa V30 now). LowCut in Cab is at 70Hz minimum.
Then I dial in the amp using only the controls which are present on the real amp too. This means for example that I don't use Presence on the '59 Bassman amp or the Two-Rock, because the originals haven't got a Presence (or similar) control. Yeah, I know this is terrible conservative but it works for me. :)
I keep Master Volume and the Bright switch at the default setting in most cases. So it's pretty much just Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence and Depth. No advanced stuff.

Javajunkie describes his way of dialing amps here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/67629-how-dial-out-harshness-v10.html#post832820

2. Custom ordered at Bright Onion (UK). The manufacturer has turned my custom order into a regular offering. :)
MFC External Switch - Bright Onion Pedals' Shop

3. I did create an AC15 preset but it sounded so similar to the AC30TB (just a little "smaller", using the 1x12") that I didn't find it useful to add it the "collection". Maybe I wll next time.

4. Very kind of you, but I'm doing okay thank you. But if disaster strikes, who knows. ;)

Last edited:
Files in OP updated for 10.02.

Main presets:
- switched some amps, as usual.
- finetuned amp settings.
- changed cab for clean tones.
- adjusted Wah / modifier settings.
- HiCut in Cab block.

Changes in amp collection:
- added amps, many gain/tone adjustments, changed some cabs, changed Looper settings, adjusted Wah / modifier settings, HiCut in Cab block.

Changed special sound presets:
EnvFil, ForBass, DropFill, AcouSim.

MFC:
- moved Flanger to momentary switch on external box
- moved Rotary and Tremolo IAs, added Reverb IA

Last edited:
Thanks for your great work and help. What parameters are you controlling in Ext 1 in these presets? , so i can use them as you mention in the descriptions. Sorry for asking these details, but i,m starting to understand how to use the exp pedals and your presets are like master class in patch construction.

Thanks

SG.Shim.MTD
Combines 3 sounds (3 scenes) in a single preset. This preset uses the most CPU of all.
SG = like a Boss Slow-Gear. This is a "volume swell" effect, fully automated (using Envelope). Make sure to mute the strings before hitting a note, to make it work. Also: use an expression pedal (Ext1) to add some "shimmer".
Shim = shimmer, the effect made famous by The Edge. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) to add shimmer to the clean tone.
MTD = Multidelay. A very atmospheric clean tone. Also: use an expression pedal (Ext1) to add

Ebow.ChOrg
Combines two different sounds (2 scenes) in a single preset.
Ebow: (sort of) an Ebow simulation. Based on a preset by Javajunkie. Mute the strings before hitting a note or chord to make the automated volume swells work. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) for sustain.
ChOrg = church organ. Based on a preset by Raca. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) after hitting the note or chord to fade in massive pitchshifted notes.

Ray.Laser
Combines two sound effects (2 scenes) in a single preset.
Ray = raygun. Based on an idea by Larry Mitchell. Use the expression pedal (Ext1) for the sound effect.
Laser = laser weapon. Based on a preset by Javajunkie. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) for crazy delay sounds

Clock.FeedbkPed
This preset contains a modified version of the Clockwork Banana factory preset and simulates guitar feedback (2 scenes).
Clockwork: based on the Clockwork Banana factory preset.
FeedbkPed = feedback simulator. Use an expression (Ext1) to fade in. Based on a preset by Simeon.

Police
Police siren simulation. Based on a preset by Swedish Chef. Engage the expression pedal (Ext1) to hear the sound effect.

AirRaid
Air raid alarm simulation. Based on a preset by Swedish Chef. Engage the expression pedal (Ext1) to hear the sound effect.

Harley
Simulation of a hot rodded chopper. Based on a preset by Swedish Chef. Engage the expression pedal (Ext1) to hear effect. Hit the strings to accelerate.

You can see which effects are controlled by controllers in a preset, by pressing CONTROL on the front panel and scrolling to the MODS tab page. You then need to check those effect blocks to see which parameter is being controlled. Easy to see by the "modifier" sign below or next to the parameter.

I only use one expression pedal and I always use External 1 to attach that pedal to a parameter.

Hey Yek... as always love your thread... it sure makes for a lot of cool sounds and easy to understand directions!

One question.
I've downloaded and installed the system file, banks etc.... for instance on your main two presets when I play them (and each scene in preset) they are REALY quiet... they sound good but the volume is lacking... If I unlink global the volume comes back to where it should be (in relation to power amp settings)..

Is there something I'm missing on this?

Cheers chap!

Hmm, weird.

Does this happen also when using the downloadable unlinked presets?
(Not using the bank with 'linked' presets)

The level of my presets is relative to the level of my main clean tone, preset 000, scene 1.
The level of the clean preset is a few dBs short of clipping, with the GEQ boost and Wah engaged.

PS not using Axe-Edit I hope?

Last edited:
Hey Yek.. yeah just used Axe Edit to upload.. haven't edited or fiddled.. Maybe I'll re upload using sys libr

I've just loaded these into my Axe-FX with a couple of tweaks, ready for its first gig tomorrow. I'd rather start from a known good patch and then tweak from there, rather than what I have been doing, which is start from scratch. I've had to remove a couple of bits that I don't need and such like, but you kindly sharing your patches has made my life a whole lot easier. Thanks ever so much.

Reactions: yek
you don't like the Brit Super (AFD) model?
I've found with 10.02 it's really gotten nice aned thick give it a try with the TV cab

I added it it last week. :)
I like it better than before. Comparable to the Cameron CCV.
But I wouldn't call it "thick" though.

Last edited:
Now that Fractal-Bot 1.1 is here, better use that to upload stuff such as presets and banks to the Axe.

Better not to use AE. Too many stories concerning issues.

Played a few times with the presets and I had to make some adjustments. Updated files in OP.

Changelog:
- Some presets use the stock 4x12 Recto (OH). For an even better result use the new OwnHammer Mesa V30 2.1 library.
- The Reverb IA on the MFC is gone. Replaced with a Drive XY switch.
- Flanger level is higher. DimC preset is less wet.
- Adjusted Lowcut and HiCut settings in Cab block. Using Global EQ for tonal adjustments.
- Changed amps in main presets.
- Preset 001 is now a copy of Preset 000 but with the amps in another order (scenes). Just for convenience.
- Preset 002 now is dedicated to lead tones.
- Drive X or Drive Y depends on the active amp.
- Moved Ebow and FeedbackSim presets.
- Adjusted Wah modifier.

Back
Top Bottom