Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Improved volume swell settings.
I'm curious about that one but I can't check your settings, I'm still on 14.02… Can you explain it ? Or else no worry, I'll update to 15 when it will be official anyway

That's about automated volume swells.

I'm using the Log30 taper in the VOL block, default modifier settings (the taper already generates the curve) and these Envelope values:
Threshold -70 [edited]
Attack 1055
Release 1.50
Gain 3.27

Last edited:
When using a pedal as a volume pedal, I like to slightly adjust the modifier settings.
For example, set Mid to 20% to emulate a Log20A taper.

That's about automated volume swells.

I'm using the Log30 taper in the VOL block, default modifier settings (the taper already generates the curve) and these Envelope values:
Threshold -100
Attack 1055
Release 1.50
Gain 3.27

I wrote a wrong value for Threshold. Should be -70.

Last edited:
Just wanna say that the Dimension D chorus type sounds so great, in stereo. Whether through headphones or speakers, I love it.
Best chorus I've ever used.

Very simple.

Chorus behind Amp block.

Rate 0.500
Depth 20%
Mix 50%
Dimension mode: Med

Just wanna say that the Dimension D chorus type sounds so great, in stereo. Whether through headphones or speakers, I love it.
Best chorus I've ever used.

+1

Although I'm beginning to question myself as I have been adding it to the end of every preset.

Reminds me of when the Aphex Aural Exciter first came out and everyone ran their live mix through it :) Still in the honeymoon with the Dimension D!!!!

Reactions: yek
Hello. I've been gigging in pubs lately and sometimes I'm my own sound engineer (cause there's none) and seems like the one i'm gigging for these two months (in china) uses a Soundcraft Mixer... Anyways, I wanted to try a stereo settings. I'm using the basic preset patch with two cabs each panned to L and R. So to have a stereo setup I will need to run two XLRs to the mixer, correct? Second question, If I don't have 2 XLRs at the mean time can i use i XLR and another one 1/4 inch? 3rd question, in I/O I set ouput 1 to stereo? 4th question, do i need to pan L and R for those to tracks on the mixer board?

Another question is, i added a chorus block after the amp block then to Delay and Reverb -> cabs, just like the basic configuration just with an added chorus block after the amp block. Is that how it is supposed to be? Cause I seems to hear some weird flanger like sound when i activate chorus... I'm using Dimension D.

Anyways, from Axe FX 2 to Mixer. Mixer Aux out to 4 amplified monitors (aux channel includes bass guitar, keys and vocals. without drums). Then Mixer board patched out LR to power amp and then patched to couple of house speakers (I think like 8 of them...). In this situation, is it adviseable to use stereo setup? It's a club...

These days during gig, my guitar doesn't sound solid. It can be very loud but when the band plays together I kinda get drowned. Keyboard sounds solid though. Does my patches need more mids? I'm using Yeks basic preset with all amps (amp 1 and 2 , X and Ys) added +1 mids... I've also tried all kinds of UltraRes IRs of TAF's Marshall Basketweave and Mesas... Could get better but still it sounded like it's behind something and blur... I'll try to do a recording of the sound on stage and off stage tomorrow for my show.

Really appreciate all the help I can get.

These days during gig, my guitar doesn't sound solid. It can be very loud but when the band plays together I kinda get drowned. Keyboard sounds solid though. Does my patches need more mids? I'm using Yeks basic preset with all amps (amp 1 and 2 , X and Ys) added +1 mids... I've also tried all kinds of UltraRes IRs of TAF's Marshall Basketweave and Mesas... Could get better but still it sounded like it's behind something and blur... I'll try to do a recording of the sound on stage and off stage tomorrow for my show.

Really appreciate all the help I can get.

Get rid of all the reverb - if you're using any? And 'allocate' frequencies for each player.... (working out the parts etc) If the keys are 'solid', could be that they're too loud at the same frequencies as you? What speakers are you going through - and amp?

So to have a stereo setup I will need to run two XLRs to the mixer, correct?

Correct.

Second question, If I don't have 2 XLRs at the mean time can i use i XLR and another one 1/4 inch?

Yes. Or use both 1/4" OUT1 outputs.

3rd question, in I/O I set ouput 1 to stereo?

Correct.

4th question, do i need to pan L and R for those to tracks on the mixer board?

Yes.

Another question is, i added a chorus block after the amp block then to Delay and Reverb -> cabs, just like the basic configuration just with an added chorus block after the amp block. Is that how it is supposed to be? Cause I seems to hear some weird flanger like sound when i activate chorus... I'm using Dimension D.

If you want a stereo chorus, you have to add it after the Amp block indeed. No idea why it sounds like "flanging".

Anyways, from Axe FX 2 to Mixer. Mixer Aux out to 4 amplified monitors (aux channel includes bass guitar, keys and vocals. without drums). Then Mixer board patched out LR to power amp and then patched to couple of house speakers (I think like 8 of them...). In this situation, is it adviseable to use stereo setup? It's a club...

That's totally up to you. I'm running stereo these days, because I like to hear myself that way (stereo monitoring). For the audience it's not that important, IMHO.

These days during gig, my guitar doesn't sound solid. It can be very loud but when the band plays together I kinda get drowned. Keyboard sounds solid though. Does my patches need more mids? I'm using Yeks basic preset with all amps (amp 1 and 2 , X and Ys) added +1 mids... I've also tried all kinds of UltraRes IRs of TAF's Marshall Basketweave and Mesas... Could get better but still it sounded like it's behind something and blur...

See Hugo's answer.

Also, besides adding mids, try "shaving off" lows and highs you don't need. For example, use the Global EQ or HiCut/LoCut in the Cab blocks, to low-pass below 6kHz, and high-pass above 150 Hz. In a band setting that works well. My presets contain a PEQ just for that purpose.

Thanks everybody for all the answers... The last thing i need to know is if i need to pan my mixerboard (Soundcraft...) to L and R like the cab block? cause sounds like panning it changes the sound and it gets blurry...

Very simple.

Chorus behind Amp block.

Rate 0.500
Depth 20%
Mix 50%
Dimension mode: Med
Yek, what do you actually mean by "behind" the amp block? Before or after? (I'm guessing 'after', the opposite of 'in front'). I've just never seen the use of the term "behind" in a matrix routing scheme (English is not my language).

Yek,
I didn't see your amazing Lonely boy patch in your latest presets. Are you not playing the song any longer or are you using a different preset for it?
Keith

Yek,
I didn't see your amazing Lonely boy patch in your latest presets. Are you not playing the song any longer or are you using a different preset for it?
Keith

Correct. No longer playing it. But I still have it somewhere if needed.

Files in OP updated for 15.02.

Change log:

• With the focus on FR amplification now, I have no need anymore for Cab blocks at the end of the chain. So I deleted one. Saves CPU. Moved the other one to right after the Amp blocks and adjusted its settings. Stereo output is preserved because of the blocks after the Cab block.
  • Available CPU power enabled me to add a 2nd Delay block, using that instead of Delay 1 XY. Better spillover results.
  • Added output compression to AC-20 clean tone. Enabled me to remove the Comp block from many presets.
  • 100Hz Low Cut to Cab block.
  • Currently using Basketweave TV Mix #1 UltraRes (stock cab) as main IR.
  • Moved "LEAD" tone (Tucana) to main preset. Main preset now consists of: clean - rhythm - rock - heavy - lead.
  • Assigned External Controller 4 to Boost in the amp models. Switchable through MFC.
  • Added Chorus (Dimension D) to main presets.
  • Reshuffled some presets and scenes. Edited preset titles.
  • Optimized "auto swells" (Volume 1 + Envelope).
  • Adjusted effect settings: Tubescreamer, Rotary, Phaser, Flanger.
  • Moved some Pitch blocks because of the new position of the Cab block.
  • Improved acoustic simulation.
  • Changed "midboost" PEQ blocks to External Controller 5.
  • Changed GEQ 2 to variable EQ.
  • Reorganized the MFC layout, see picture in OP. First row is presets. Second row for much-used switches. Third row for (modulation) effects.
  • Now using a 3rd expression pedal. Pedals 2 and 3 are tiny ones so they all fit on my Pedaltrain 2. I edited some presets for the use of 3 expression pedals.

Last edited:
Yek,
Thanks for the offer. I remembered that I had actually backup my presets, so I was able to load my old (Lonely boy).

Back
Top Bottom