Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Auto-engage can operate in Wah and Formant at the same time.
You just need to design the routing in a way to just one of them can be heard.
For example by placing them in parallel rows and using a Mixer (assigned to a switch) or scenes to switch between them.

Thanks again for the reply. I'm not quite getting what u mean. I'm using ur basic preset (main preset) and i've added a chorus and formant. i've also removed the phaser and flanger which i don't need to free up CPU usage. i added the formant after the amp as well as chorus. I wanted to activate the formant whenever i want like a stomp box mode without having the auto wah activated when i move the exp pedal...

and another question was: how do i make an auto wah following the tapped tempo..?

Sorry for so much question... But seriously, thanks for helping out.

and another question was: how do i make an auto wah following the tapped tempo

I think: by assigning the Control parameter to an internal controller, and linking that internal controller to tempo.

Just tried adjusting to LFO with the controller settings to 1/8. It is following the tapped tempo now... hehe...

Yek,
I'm really interested to see your new routing and hear how it changed the tone. Are you planning on releasing your new presets when the final version of 15 is posted or while it's in Beta?
Thanks as always!
Keith

New to the forum and Axe world having just picked up the XL and MFC. I've been reading lot's of the forums and felt using Yek's presets and layouts would be a great place to start.
I'm a guy so of course I didn't read all the instructions!
I went to use Option 3 "Bank A and System Bank" and downloaded Bank A with the Fractal Bot first. In your OP you said to download the System Bank first. My bad.
I tried to the Fractal Bot to download the System Bank, but it says "The selection does not appear to be a valid file for the Axe-FX 2 XL".
I'm also getting a message on the unit that says "Excess CPU usage! Reduce load" on some presets (number 3 so far).
Any thoughts on how to correct this?

I don't own a XL. These files require an original II or Mark II.

How interesting... that the XL isn't backward compatible. If it's not different enough from a II or MkII to warrant the spend, as I'd decided, that leaves guys new to the Axe like CJ in a bit of a Yek-free desert to fend for themselves. I'd say not terribly good...

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
You need to load the cab with a user IR...

Yek's choice:

U51 = 1x12 AC-20 DLX (Royer 121), from Fractal Audio's Cab Pack 4.

U52 = TheAmpFactory's 4x12 Marshall Basketweave Pre Rola (Royer 121, Cone). Or OwnHammer's 4x12 Marshall CB H-PR-55, Royer 121.

AC-20 can be found in the FW14 bundle. TheAmpFactory's or OwnHammer can be bought.

Or alternatively, you can use any IR of your own choice but you will get slightly different tone from Yek's.

Hope it helps... :)

Is the TAF R121 Cone IR similar to the OH R121 IRs? Are these presets for use strictly with the R121 then i.e. no SM57 in the mix?

Is the TAF R121 Cone IR similar to the OH R121 IRs? Are these presets for use strictly with the R121 then i.e. no SM57 in the mix?

Currently I'm using TAF pre-rola Basketweave, S545, 03 Cone. I'm using this with clean (AC-20 Deluxe) as well as dirty tones (Friedman BE).

New files uploaded (in OP).

I've taken another route. While playing at recent gigs I realized that I had made stuff too difficult for myself. Not sure in the heat of the moment which scene was selected, which switch to press, etc. Maybe it's just aging. ;). This resulted in wrong choices, gaps in audio etc.

So I've simplified things. By:
- programming the MFC more like a pedalboard (moving fx away from under Reveal)
- decreasing the number of different sounds per preset (less scenes, more presets)
- no external switches.

Most presets now consist of just 1 or 2 scenes. I only need a single Scene Up switch now.

I still have 5 scenes in my main presets, dedicated to 5 basic amp tones, mainly to prevent audio gaps when switching. I've returned to mapping those 5 scenes to the first 5 preset switches on the MFC. This allows me to directly recall any of those 5 tones with one press. Easier to remember also.
I do want direct access to my lead preset in bank 1, and since the first 5 presets are taken, I'm using MFC's Alternate Preset in switch 5.

What else:

• I'm now using my presets at home (CLRs), at rehearsals and gigs (CLRs), through a JamHub (headphones) and with my Matrix and cab(s). It all works, using a single set of presets. I'm mainly playing through FR these days. The latest firmware versions + UR + CLRs do the job well.
  • I don't need the GT1000Fx that often anymore, so I moved it to a separate rackbag. When needed I'll take it with me, together with my Port City cab(s).
  • This means that I no longer require a separate output signal for power amp + cab. So I've removed the FXL block from my presets, simplifying and saving CPU power. When I play with power amp + cab, I just disable Cab Simulation in the Global menu.
  • Until a few weeks ago I used a global Filter block-method to handle different guitars. And it works well. But I can also use the guitar's volume knob so I stopped using this method. Saves me a switch on the MFC as well.
  • Some Friedman BE and Morgan AC-20 fine-tuning, also because of firmware 15.
  • Now using a single cab (IR) for all amp tones, clean and dirty.
  • Changes in effect settings (Rotary, Fuzzface, Drive, Envelope, Compressor etc.) and controller assignments. Improved volume swell settings. Adjusted PEQ settings for live midrange boost and high-passing.
  • Major preset reordering. Moved many scenes to separate presets for easier recall. Changed the grid in many presets. Added: "Lowpass" preset, Vocoder preset.
  • Now using the Tucana model for my lead tones.
  • Moved Delay from parallel to series.
  • TS8 instead of FET Boost / RC Booster.
  • Moved my collection of 'pure amp+cab' presets to Bank B.
  • Switched from Spring Reverb to Plate because it sounds more pleasant through headphones. Spring Reverb settings have been saved in global block 3.
  • I only use reverb on clean tones and for special effects. I dislike it on dirty tones. But some room ambience with dirty tones is quite pleasing when rehearsing with headphones. So I enabled reverb for dirty tones, using the Y state of my regular Reverb block. It's a global block, which means that I can turn it down (home, live) or turn it up (JamHub) across all presets at once.
  • MFC layout: major changes, see picture in OP and description. Everything is back on the Pedaltrain.

P.S. One thing I might change is IA03. Considering to assign that one to Sat (Friedman) and Boost (AC-20), using the same ext controller for both.

Last edited:
Currently I'm using TAF pre-rola Basketweave, S545, 03 Cone. I'm using this with clean (AC-20 Deluxe) as well as dirty tones (Friedman BE).

Just curious why you moved off of the R121? Did you find that it wasn't cutting enough in a live setting?

New files uploaded (in OP). not for XL.

...[/LIST]

Hold on a second... why would II presets *not* work in an XL?

The other way around, sure... any XL preset that uses the special XL features would not be compatible with a non-XL... but all II features *are* supported in the XL.

Are you only saying that your presets haven't been developed or tested on an XL? If so, the wording leads readers to conclude that they are not-compatible (which I firmly believe cannot be correct)

I have loaded several II presets into my XL without issues. I don't have a reference point regarding how they should sound, but there's no problem reading them in or using them.

You're right regarding the individual presets, I'll correct it.

XL users won't be able to load the System Bank though.
Not sure about the Preset Bank.

If I was in the market for an Axe-Fx II for the first time, I'd certainly choose the XL.

But I currently have no needs for the additional XL features, that is: not enough to pay for them.

You can load Axe-Fx II presets into the XL. No loss of quality.

Hi Yek,

Since last wednesday i'm a proud ower of a brand new AXE FX XL :)
it comes with a box of "MERCI" and of cause a T-shirt of Factal Audio !!!!
Thank You G66 !!!!

I was curious if you would like to test the XL???? I don't bother to spend some time for it.
I hope that you also can explain how to load or copy the systems file and global blocks.

Musical greetings

Last edited:
Hi Yek,

Since last wednesday i'm a proud ower of a brand new AXE FX XL :)
it comes with a box of "MERCI" and of cause a T-shirt of Factal Audio !!!!
Thank You G66 !!!!

I was curious if you would like to test the XL???? I don't bother to spend some time for it.
I hope that you also can explain how to load or copy the systems file and global blocks.

Musical greetings

Thanks for the offer. But I really haven't got the time right now.

Back
Top Bottom